What's new

IMF team to meet Imran Khan seeking assurance on bailout package

Hexlor

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • IMF team to meet PML-N, PPP and PTI.
  • Lender wants assurance ahead of polls.
  • IMF board to take up Pakistan case on July 12.
KARACHI: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking the support of major political parties, including Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), for a recently announced $3 billion bailout programme, the lender said on Friday.

The IMF's resident representative Esther Perez Ruiz said in a statement that the meetings with political parties were to "seek assurances of their support for the key objectives and policies under a new IMF-supported program ahead of the approaching national elections."

The official added that they will also meet Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan People's Party (PPP). However, there is no confirmation from them.

Pakistan secured a badly needed $3 billion stand-by arrangement (SBA) from the IMF on Friday, giving the South Asian economy a much-awaited respite as it teeters on the brink of default.

The staff-level agreement on the SBA is subject to approval by the IMF Executive Board which is scheduled to meet on July 12.

The previous Extended Fund Facility expired on June 30, with the 9th, 10th, and 11th reviews pending.

PTI confirms meeting

Senior PTI leader and former finance minister Hammad Azhar took to Twitter, saying the party’s economic team has been approached by the IMF to solicit its support for the loan agreement and its broad objectives.

"PTI's economic team has been approached by the IMF to solicit the party's support for the USD 3 BN Stand-By Agreement and its broad objectives."

"An IMF team will call on Party Chairman Imran Khan at Zaman Park this afternoon."

"Both PTI's economic team and the IMF team will join, in person and virtually, to take part in the discussions."

I guess IMF wants an assurance from their evergreen supporter, heh!

1688729359324.png

On a more 'serious' note, I think this is a good sign... for the PTI fanboys.

It means there's a slight chance that the 'Sportsman' will retain some of the lost power, at least in some shape or form, in the next general election. After all, I'm pretty sure that IMF is more than aware of who actually runs the country!

Guarantee can be given the day after free and fair elections are held...

Ridiculous.

IMF is running a state within a state in Pakistan.

View attachment 937452

It means there's a slight chance that the 'Sportsman' will retain some of the lost power, at least in some shape or form, in the next general election. After all, I'm pretty sure that IMF is more than aware of who actually runs the country!

banda patwari ho aur dimagh khotay jaisa na ho, aisa ho hi nahi sakta
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
پھٹ گئی رے
او ربا
آئی ایم ایف کی نہیں
پی ڈی ایم کی
--------------------------------------------------------------------
تو نہ ہی سمجھیں؟
آئی ایم ایف؟
---------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 937452

The PDM guy comes out to derail the topic.

Screenshot 2023-07-07 154644.png

PTI secured 52B loans most of which were used to repay old loans taken by yours truly. In PTI's tenure a total of 15.95B new loans were added, during PML-N's 22.69 were, hardly a major difference considering PTI had to deal with Covid, Russia-Ukraine, and most importantly the after effects of PML-N's 5-year long economic sabotage during the 2013-18 period.

Average new loans incurred by PTI annually - $4.21B

Average new loans incurred by PMLN annually - $4.538B (2013/18)

Fun fact, PMLN decreased Pakistan's total exports as opposed to increasing them during their last government, PDM has taken inspiration from that policymaking and has yet again begun to decrease Pakistan's exports annually.

IK should simply refuse until all cases against Khan and PTI members dropped, party members not forced or threatened to change loyalty and date for elections is announced. Until then PDM and It's whiskey backers can go take a hike.

Ridiculous.

IMF is running a state within a state in Pakistan.

Pakistan itself is ridiculous.

IMF is treating Pakistan as Pakistan itself wants to be treated... I.e. a failed banana republic of Faujistan!

View attachment 937452

yes rupees devalued 30%.
its now up 140%

Here is the speech .. He is right this loan is taking us no where but more deep in black hole of debt...

Back
Top Bottom