What's new

Pakistan refuses to host President Karzai for talks on terrorism

According to reports, Islamabad has refused to host Afghan President Hamid Karzai to hold talks on joint strategy for action against terrorism.

Pakistani officials have said that Islamabad refused the call by President Karzai to visit Pakistan and told him to send a representative delegation instead.

The officials further added that President Karzai called Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and offered complete cooperation from his side, following a meeting Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s Special Envoy Mehmood Khan Achakzai and Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudry last week.

Dr. Rangin Dadfar Spanta, Afghanistan’s top security adviser visited Islamabad earlier this week for talks with he Pakistani leadership following the refusal by Islamabad.

A well-placed diplomatic source has told Pakistani Today that Karzai is looking to make Islamabad convince the US and British governments to secure a future role for himself as he is facing international diplomatic isolation recently.

“Karzai is facing diplomatic isolation as the US and UK governments are not pleased with him following his refusal to sign a bilateral security agreement with the US. Now, he wants to make Islamabad convince the US and British governments to secure a future role for himself,” the source said.

The official also added that the Afghan president is busy levelling baseless accusations against Pakistan over border violations and criticized the Afghan authorities for not cooperating with Pakistan to repatriate the Pakistani Taliban terrorists who have taken refuge in Afghanistan.

Pakistan refuses to host President Karzai for talks on terrorism - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency

his regime colludes with other actors to destabilize Pakistan...so why would we host this emotionally unstable idiot

his govt. was a disaster for Afghanistan; he is finished

Ok Karzai is clearly not wanted in Pakistan and for more than enough reasons but is there an Afghan leader acceptable by Pakistan??
Who would you rather talk to?

Ok Karzai is clearly not wanted in Pakistan and for more than enough reasons but is there an Afghan leader acceptable by Pakistan??

Its not that we are looking for "acceptable" leaders to talk to.

It is Afghans who do not talk to us, keep the issues/conflicts alive, and blame Pakistan without any reason---all of it, while claiming half of Pakistan as 'their territory' ....

Its not that we are looking for "acceptable" leaders to talk to.

It is Afghans who do not talk to us, keep the issues/conflicts alive, and blame Pakistan without any reason---all of it, while claiming half of Pakistan as 'their territory' ....

haha that's true...
well, I don't know much about Afghan politics... but if by any chance and for some reason there were a non-Pashtun Afghan leader... like a Hazara, whom i believe wouldnt claim for a Pakhtunistan ... more open for talks with Pakistan? and viceversa?

No you did not touch any nerve. I am too mature and wise to be pulled in to blind political bondage.
Affairs of the people, who have passed away are now with Allah. If can't pray for them, we should not use bad names for them and should worry about our own end.

And here I thought you enjoyed a little banter......... did I touch a nerve there? Perhaps, Zia? No worries. I don't need to do anything, as he's being eaten alive by hounds of hell, over and over and over, at this very moment.......... :D

And delivered us straight into the hands of sectarianism and Talibitches............. anything else?

A well-placed diplomatic source has told Pakistani Today that Karzai is looking to make Islamabad convince the US and British governments to secure a future role for himself as he is facing international diplomatic isolation recently.

Pakistan refuses to host President Karzai for talks on terrorism - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think we have the basis for decent relations with both Abdullah and Ghani

A leader who has public mandate.

Why host a puppet, who has been & is sheltering rented terrorists in Afghanistan. These kind of jabronis should not be entertained in any way.

haha that's true...
well, I don't know much about Afghan politics... but if by any chance and for some reason there were a non-Pashtun Afghan leader... like a Hazara, whom i believe wouldnt claim for a Pakhtunistan ... more open for talks with Pakistan? and viceversa?

Yes. That's why Pakistanis wanted Abdullah Abdullah to win. He is a Northern Alliance guy...deputy to Ahmad Shah Masoud...and he might be more realistic than some other leaders. Moreover, he was a war-load..and he has seen the wars himself. He would be more equipped to handle post-America Afghanistan.

Hopefully Afghanistan will recognize International borders, and will not allow Indians to use Afghan land to conduct terrorist attacks on our civilians en masse, and hopefully everyone will live in peace!

This is funny news, more like fake. Nawaz pleaded with him to secure the border to which he sent a list of demands for even talking about it with Pakistan. This seems just a positive twist given to his rejection, especially the part about asking Pakistan to talk to the US and UK on his behalf. Is it even believable that he would approach Pakistan when he has an open channel with the Americans and, even if he so desires, why would he approach Pakistan and not India who have a better standing in Washington and Downing street compared to Pakistan?. Seems like a concocted fantasy made up to cover up the facepalm that was the list of demands from Karzai.

Pakistan don't have to plead to Afghanistan, as our religious brothers we want them to take responsibility at their end as Pakistan don't want to cross border it only increase hate in Afghans as they will not understand why we had to go in, therefore Pakistan is continuously asking Afghan govt. to do its part.

Yes. That's why Pakistanis wanted Abdullah Abdullah to win. He is a Northern Alliance guy...deputy to Ahmad Shah Masoud...and he might be more realistic than some other leaders. Moreover, he was a war-load..and he has seen the wars himself. He would be more equipped to handle post-America Afghanistan.

Hopefully Afghanistan will recognize International borders, and will not allow Indians to use Afghan land to conduct terrorist attacks on our civilians en masse, and hopefully everyone will live in peace!

Ok... when you say it like that, I get it ...but would you help me to understand? because the only things I've read about Afghanistan has been the books by Ahmed Rasheed whom I just came to know he is not a good source :undecided::wacko: but this is what he somehow stated

• Ahmed Shah Masoud was murdered 2 days before 9/11, but he had started to be a National leader, and reunited all of the former "warlords" to fight against taliban.
  • Indians are somehow dictating or driving the NA agenda in Afghanistan... (this is why I don't understand why you would like an NA guy)...
By the way, when will the results come?? it's been a while now!
I also hope the International Boundaries will be recognized... then no more exploitation of pashtun nationalism, right?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think we have the basis for decent relations with both Abdullah and Ghani

is Ghani a moderate pashtun? or because he is an experienced Afghan leader in international organizations?

A leader who has public mandate.

meaning Abdullah Abdullah or Ashraf Ghani?

is Ghani a moderate pashtun? or because he is an experienced Afghan leader in international organizations?

he's known to be fairly moderate, at least that's how he's "packaged" himself

as for work experience i believe he worked for the World Bank for some years in a managerial capacity

he's known to be fairly moderate, at least that's how he's "packaged" himself

as for work experience i believe he worked for the World Bank for some years in a managerial capacity

let's hope Afghanistan gets a decent leader, for its own good and the neighbors!

uhmm.... one more question!
wasn't Karzai a moderate? at least that's how the media sold us Karzai here!
was he simply irresponsible and non-capable for the job?
he was not trying to start a Pakhtunistan petition, did he?

let's hope Afghanistan gets a decent leader, for its own good and the neighbors!

they need an honest leader who will work closely with the regional countries and ensure Afghanistan's development is as evenly spread as possible....years and years they have the mentality that the only thing in Afghanistan worth caring for is Kabul and everything outside of it is twilight zone.

that was what Karzai did - and thats why he never had an iota of control over his country or his people. Nobody took him seriously.

wasn't Karzai a moderate?

Karzai is a man of many hats. He has no idea who HE is

at least that's how the media sold us Karzai here!
was he simply irresponsible and non-capable for the job?
he was not trying to start a Pakhtunistan petition, did he?

people in his own party are corrupt...his own brother was involved in the bank scandal and was known to be knee-deep in the narcotics trade

many say karzai was/is clinically insane and suffers from mental disorders (he's bipolar).

someone like this is not fit to lead a brothel, let alone a "high priority" war-torn state hoping to move forward

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom