What's new

Pakistan Ranks 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have active war in siachin,

700,000 indian troops stationed in kashmir

drug smuglers, weopen smuglers and OBL in the afghan boarder so we have to maintain a force there aswell.

Indias RAW suppleing arms and propoganda to the lords in baluchistan. so we have to maintain a force there as well.

we also have Iran to worry about as they keep on sending suicide bombers through the lines to attack sunnis (not irani goverment but extremists and rebels) the very same people and organisations are used to smugle weopens to the balauchs and any one else who is try to fight the government...(some wierdo englistani citizens wanna be politicians azad kashmiris[abt 4-6 of em])

also

we have to maintain a reserve incase of war with india, isreal or USA (yes they want to take over pakistan if musharaf dies or somat...which is reali an excuse for their people so they can kill musharaf and say oh no musharaf is dead we should shed more of our blood to take over pakistan and gwader and sit next to china)

our numbers are a necesity.

and yes they are far well trained and equiped then the iraqis.

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Dec 21 2005, 06:23 AM
I agree that we need courgae & motivation, but if we have the latest tech it will also reduce the number of casulties that we will suffer.

how many of our soldiers have full obdy armour? kelevar helmet? night vision ?

I suggest that you should search on the net for "juba" look at his video.
I saw him shootin at marines and they fell because of the impact of the bullet, because of their armour they were alive; stood up and ran for the cover behind the tank

If they had no armour this juba guy would had 90% kill ratio
[post=4664]Quoted post[/post]​
does USA have 100% batle armour? kid the games are not a reality.

US marine core are saying for frenchies sake give us less armour as it interferes with the movement and agility.

Pakistan has fully integrated artillery, tanks, mortars to a central computer system (no US doesnt have this yet)

we also produce some of the best munition and small arms in the world and are suppleing the US forces in afganistan and Iraq qith out bullets and guns.

we also have one of the worlds most advance Battlefield Management system fitted into our tanks.

our Air force has a fully integrated network of radars and all data from tanks, radars, airplanes, men, satalite feeds (we borrow chinese, US and rentede satalites...incase we have to) on one giant screen the ability which USA had a hard on over and showcased to the world in 2003 by being able to control the war from one room on board one of the destroyers or somat.

our men on the front have armour, etc.

nightvision is also there so is thermal site systems. (we make them at HIT)

we also have a new balistic managment system which automaticly judges the wind, etc and drops a munition where you tell it to.

our tanks have hunter killer system which the British army developed ad showcased in 1991 in their challangers. one challenger killed 5 iraqi tanks (t70s) with in 2 minutes. and was able to fire at twice the speed because of the advantage of hunter killer

we produce very effective and efficient UAVs and even supplied the US boarder security thingi with them.

we produce a very deadly and accurat arsenal of missiles.

Offcourse the tech and training both r very important. but the important thing is patriotism, ready to sacrifice ur life for ur country the word we use in our language called 'JAZBA'. And offcourse willingness to be in the list of shaheed. Thats what we need and i hope thats what we and our army has got now. Then allah provides help as well.

Look at history, in the time of Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) muslims didnt have the good armoury as the kufar had. But still muslim won the war.

Originally posted by melb4aust@Jan 27 2006, 08:29 AM
Offcourse the tech and training both r very important. but the important thing is patriotism, ready to sacrifice ur life for ur country the word we use in our language called 'JAZBA'. And offcourse willingness to be in the list of shaheed. Thats what we need and i hope thats what we and our army has got now. Then allah provides help as well.

Look at history, in the time of Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) muslims didnt have the good armoury as the kufar had. But still muslim won the war.
[post=5672]Quoted post[/post]​

True indeed, the most important thing is when your fighting for a cause, and when you have a good cause i bet nothing will matter, but the enemy having the upper status in technology can be a bad sign.

When British came to America. American Indians used to live there, even though American Indians had a good cause but they could not resist versus guns and devasting ships fleet in the end those who resisted were eliminated, and those who listened were moved west ward even with the high casualties due to cold and diseases. :embarassed:

Also have you heard about Japanes Sumaria? More like Ninjas? There story is over too! :buck:

Doesn't matter how many 'active' troops or 'reserve' troops you have. The army has to be trained, professional in its dealings and should concentrate on its role. Unfortunately, over the number of years, the Pakistan Army has become more of a policing force rather than an army.

This is due to a number of factors. Firstly the army just doesn't want to stay out of politics and feels happy to be running the country when it is quite 'clearly' NOT their job to do so. It is understandable that civilian politicians were/are corrupt but if you don't give them the opportunity to mature and learn from their mistakes; you put your country on to the un-democratic path. Therefore, the army's involvement in politics has diluted its role in the national objective.

Secondly, the people at the decision making level of the Army (even the Navy and the Airforce, but to a less extent) have become slack and lazy. They've become too involved with amassing personal wealth and leading luxurious lives instead of serving their country properly. It is interesting to note the army runs a good number of commercial ventures in the country. I have an article about this rampant problem which, if I find it soon enough will be posted.

The army has, over the number of years, turned Pakistan in to a National Security state from a Welfare State as envisaged by the Quaid which is quite unfortunate.

Note: I have deep respect for the Samurai of Japan because even though they ceased to exist, they went down fighting and never gave up. Along with the Muslim Mamluks, they were the only people who ever defeated the Mongols.

Interesting notes sid. I have to agree with you. The damn officials just to point one, Rashid. He doesn't even know about the fighters name and i am wondering if he would even know about the fighters qualifications, technology, or equipment they use.

He was calling JF-17 an F-17, come on now. Its a fighter where Pakistan is in a joint-venture, and he doesn't know the "name."

All these people should be fired, but if we replace others can we trust them? They would too indulge in the wealth and family issues if they are promoted.

The problem is about changing attitudes and the VIP as well as feudal culture that prevails in Pakistan. You can fire ten or a hundred corrupt officials but the ones taking their place would be similarly or more corrupt. Until you go to the root problems and resolve those issues and change the attitude of the people in power, you cannot do anything worthwhile. The problem in Pakistan is, that the successive governments have thought and continue to think to this day that the people serve them, they forget, that the basic principle of a democracy is that the 'government serves the people'.

I once heard a famous saying which went something like this, "People should not be afraid of their governments; Governments should be afraid of their people". That was a bit extreme statement but it pointed out the correct status quo in a democratic society.

About the minister calling Jf-17, a F-17; I would hesitate to comment because F-17 is the American name given to the same aircraft that we call Jf-17 and China calls FC-1.

Sid said:
Note: I have deep respect for the Samurai of Japan because even though they ceased to exist, they went down fighting and never gave up. Along with the Muslim Mamluks, they were the only people who ever defeated the Mongols.

The Vietnamese and the Ming would disagree with you.

Jag said:
I would rather support half the size of current strength, but equip then better and train them better.

God, where do you people get your numbers from??

I say lets employ only 700 pilots in the Pakistani military and give them 700 F-16's. That would be a sure way to victory, because fewer men and more or better machines mean certain victory....

Before pulling out numbers maybe you could explain why less numbers of men would be a good thing?

guys keep your discussions and ideas simple and straightforward. No deep stuff, right. I m from Pakistan.

sigatoka said:
God, where do you people get your numbers from??

I say lets employ only 700 pilots in the Pakistani military and give them 700 F-16's. That would be a sure way to victory, because fewer men and more or better machines mean certain victory....

Before pulling out numbers maybe you could explain why less numbers of men would be a good thing?

Dont be so harsh on her, Sig.

What she meant was that the flabs have to be shed and the force has to be more lethal and flexible.I think u agree with that.

But 700 F 16s makes PAF a very very capable fighter.

If that was so easy then why do all western nations not do that? 700 F16's cost around 700*40 million. Add to that spares, weapons and engineers... I bet that your option is the most expensive one. And having all eggs in one basket? Diversity and logic.

Munir said:
If that was so easy then why do all western nations not do that? 700 F16's cost around 700*40 million. Add to that spares, weapons and engineers... I bet that your option is the most expensive one. And having all eggs in one basket? Diversity and logic.

it will be better than the present PAF.

Munir said:

I was being sarcastic Munir. Of course 700 F-16's would be the wrong manner to spend the defence budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom