What's new

Pakistan ranks 2nd in deaths caused by selfies!

GreenFalcon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Me, Myself and My Killfie: Pakistan ranks 2nd in deaths caused by selfies!
By Kainaat Maqbool -
November 21, 2016
WhatsApp

According to a study conducted by the scholars of Carnegie Mellon University, USA and Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan ranks as the 2nd country in the list of deaths caused as a result of selfies.

Labelled as Me, Myself and My Killfie: Characterizing and Preventing Selfie Deaths; the study mentioned a total of 9 deaths which occurred due to the selfie fad in Pakistan.

Since March 2014, the fad of selfie and the trend of snapping perfect has been booming since then, the researches have concluded about 127 confirmed selfie deaths across the world.

In a blog post by the researchers;

“The clicking of dangerous selfies (has proved) to be so disastrous that during the year 2015 alone, there have been more deaths caused due to selfies than shark attacks all over the world.”

Moreover, it has been found that majority of the deaths as a result of taking selfies and pictures were of men when compared to the women, due to their competitive and daring nature.

The researchers said that for a few number of “likes, comments and followers” on the social media is not worth losing your life over. Lastly, they added that this study was conducted to spread among the establishments and the governments who are not taking precious lives into account.
http://monthlybrands.com.pk/pakistan-2nd-deaths-selfies/

I hate people who take selfies, its like a disease. They take selfies even in dangerous situations. There should be a FATWA against selfies....:sniper:

Hmm I think its time for my evening selfie:D

This is an other example of how obsessed and immature people are in the technology starved subcontinent. Here people don't have access to the basic amenities of life so a relatively cheaper gadget, a smartphone affords them an entry to technological world and also an unending craving to show and what a better ( read worse) way to do that than a selfie....even if risking the life is involved..no problem, a selfie is more important, showing off is more important...
What a sorry state of mind

Do these idiots (irrespective of nationality).
commit suicide for bad selfie.

Selfie is such a chutzpah. Look at all touristy places. Even on road people are busy taking selfie in heavy traffic.

hum ne her gatyaa record banany ka thekaa lia hua hy...
Dumbest selfie addicts:hitwall:.......

I dont take many selfies sorry to disappoint you buddy :D
sorry off-topic.
sir why u always have a female dp........

Well they should be awarded Darwin award .... but i feel pity for thr family :(

India tops the chart for most selfie death with a massive number of 76 deaths, eight times more than any country.
Pakistan ranks 2nd in the list of most deaths resulted due to clicking selfies, a total of 9 deaths .

https://propakistani.pk/2016/11/21/followed-india-pakistan-ranks-2nd-deaths-caused-selfies/
Other than selfie in India people get killed by headphones as well. And guess what, youngsters are the most addict.

MC car mein bhi headfone lagake drive karte hai. Hangne jaane tak to thick hai.

Back
Top Bottom