What's new

Pakistan Railways: News & Updates

I haven't heard about any claims which the Ruling Party made for PR. Please let us know as well whats they promised about PR
read their manifesto, it was available online a year ago, i haven't checked lately, they might have removed it
that is an eye opener, the amount of lies they told is amazing

Your logical reasoning look biased as things are improving. Changes are happening in Railway but it takes time, if you have said the same thing about PIA or Steel Mill i would have agreed with you. (Check how come railways earning has increased and is expected to earn 40 billion in current fiscal year, up from around 20 billion in 2013)

In 2013 when this Govt came Railway was running less than 10 Cargo trains, trains punctuality were always late, there were regular engine failures, no double track after Khanewal and a lot of other issues.

Now in 2017, 80+ engines are reserved for only cargo, railway has already earned 11 billion in current fiscal year(this alone can't be done if infrastructure is not getting well).
Track till Lahore is now doubled,
Trains punctuality is around 90%,
Risalpur Engine Manufacturing Factory is getting upgraded so that new types of engines can be manufactured in Pakistan

All in all its getting better. Its even started to look like Railway will come out of loss by 2019-2020 at max.
i appreciate whats happening in railways but you do understand that this is not due to management change but massive investment in railway, if you are going to invest 10-20 billion dollars in railway you do expect the revenue to grow some what

Govt plans to expand railway network across country, especially Balochistan
The government has launched an ambitious plan to expand railway network throughout the country to link all parts together, especially Balochistan.

According to details, 2,965 kilometer long new tracks will be laid throughout the country which includes 1,761 kilometers in Balochistan.

Under the plan, 2,617 kilometer-long track will be upgraded, which include 1,064 kilometers in Balochistan.

The government has invited expression of interest to lay new railway tracks, rehabilitation and up-gradation of existing tracks on various sections via Build-Operate-Transfer basis.

The plan will help materialise Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's dream of a developed and economically strong Pakistan.

http://nation.com.pk/national/03-Ap...network-across-country-especially-balochistan
i doubt BOT will work
as Chinese thought it was not viable yet and i agree
problem is there is not much fright in this area and corruption would mean it will not be much viable for transport
if it becomes a electrified line with grantee cheap electricity than it can be viable

i doubt BOT will work
as Chinese thought it was not viable yet and i agree
problem is there is not much fright in this area and corruption would mean it will not be much viable for transport
if it becomes a electrified line with grantee cheap electricity than it can be viable

Linking Gwadar and G-B with railways will increase traffic. It will be cheaper then trucks, less pollution, saving in oil imports, faster etc Pakistan will likely go ahead even without BOT.

Last edited:
read their manifesto, it was available online a year ago, i haven't checked lately, they might have removed it
that is an eye opener, the amount of lies they told is amazing

i appreciate whats happening in railways but you do understand that this is not due to management change but massive investment in railway, if you are going to invest 10-20 billion dollars in railway you do expect the revenue to grow some what

Did u think after how PPP left it for ruin, anyone could have taken it out without putting investment in it. U didn't know the suffering which people have faced. To us Railway has improved well and it will keep on doing so.

I don't care what anyone in its manifesto says, as long as improvements are showing.

Did u think after how PPP left it for ruin, anyone could have taken it out without putting investment in it. U didn't know the suffering which people have faced. To us Railway has improved well and it will keep on doing so.

I don't care what anyone in its manifesto says, as long as improvements are showing.
PPPP left it in ruins because they didnt add a penny in railways(As per previous railway chief)
if you are ok with some improvement albeit be it at pace of a snail and at cost of billion of rupees than who am I to judge
no wonder we are in this state of affairs , its because of this mindset

PPPP left it in ruins because they didnt add a penny in railways(As per previous railway chief)
if you are ok with some improvement albeit be it at pace of a snail and at cost of billion of rupees than who am I to judge
no wonder we are in this state of affairs , its because of this mindset

Bhai this is not US its Pakistan. I don't cast any votes as it don't matter whoever comes everyone is corrupt. You must have already seen many Important corruptions cases and almost all the people walk free.

There was a time when KHI-ISL train timings was 30-40 hours, now its coming down within 24 hours limit. It is progress for us and middle and lower class are happy.

So, whatever is happening that's enough and i am happy with my mindset.

Bhai this is not US its Pakistan. I don't cast any votes as it don't matter whoever comes everyone is corrupt. You must have already seen many Important corruptions cases and almost all the people walk free.

There was a time when KHI-ISL train timings was 30-40 hours, now its coming down within 24 hours limit. It is progress for us and middle and lower class are happy.

So, whatever is happening that's enough and i am happy with my mindset.
because we vote for same corrupt people for last 30 years(Nawaz Sharif is in govt since 1980s before even i was borne and even i have kids now!), every time when they think things look bad they would do tiny bit of work to "keep middle class" happy and we say hurrah

the real litmus to see what a leader does, is to look where he lives, grows and goes, is it Dubai or London

because we vote for same corrupt people for last 30 years(Nawaz Sharif is in govt since 1980s before even i was borne and even i have kids now!), every time when they think things look bad they would do tiny bit of work to "keep middle class" happy and we say hurrah

the real litmus to see what a leader does, is to look where he lives, grows and goes, is it Dubai or London

Mostly there are tribes and castes, these politicians gave money to their leaders before elections to get votes for the fake promises which they show to the middle lower class and get their votes. Options are also limited as no one else is there in competition.

Mostly there are tribes and castes, these politicians gave money to their leaders before elections to get votes for the fake promises which they show to the middle lower class and get their votes. Options are also limited as no one else is there in competition.
I dont believe that is completely true, most cities no longer have strong tribal relations, just look in any educated class or even on this forum, people like nawaz shrif and are happy with our progress in last 30 years

that argument is only true for Baluchistan may be

to undertand this I will give you example of Peshawar and Lahore, IN KPK cities like Peshawar, mardan, swat/mingora always elect different leaders as tribal system though much stronger in KPK as compered to Punjab still educated people will vote different, But in peripheral areas of KPK things are unchanged due to tribal associations

same is true for Lahore, they elected PPPP in 2008 and completely different people, even this year in 2012 big guns lost from PML Q etc and PML N won

so this is totally Bullshit, people vote mostly who they like in urban regions which count for almost half of the votes

Shalimar Express contract goes for Rs 1.8b

401de9e7d80a0ccbc594508180899e88.jpg

LAHORE - The Pakistan Railways (PR) has awarded a two-year contract to S Jamil and Company to run Shalimar Express on highest bidding of Rs1.8 billion.

An agreement signing ceremony in this regard was held at Railways headquarters in presence of Railway Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique. The contract has been awarded for two years on total amount of Rs1.8 billion while an amount of Rs1.9 million will be submitted to the Pakistan Railways in advance. Moreover, the company will make payment of Rs30.43 million weekly.

Around 12 companies had shown interest in running Shalimar Express including Daewoo, Al Baraka, Mazari Group and others but they could not win the project during the bidding. According to the privatisation agreement, the Pakistan Railways will hold trains operational system while private sector will hold train management.

Pakistan Railways was earning Rs660 million annually from privatisation of Shalimar Express train during the last five years. The train that runs between Lahore and Karachi daily was given to private sector in 2012.

Later talking to media, Railways Minister Saad Rafique said that now the losses of the department have been reduced to Rs27 billion which were Rs33 billion in 2013. He said that after upgradation of railway track, trains will run at the speed of 160 kilometre per hour. He claimed that the condition of railways was much better than in 2013. He said Pakistan Railways had introduced e-ticketing system for 40 trains to facilitate passengers in booking their seats from anywhere across the country.

The minister said that with the passage of time the condition of all trains would improve, adding that criticism was good but positive steps should also be appreciated.

3d37283f884558188adf422faf343653.jpg

Our Evolution Series Tested and Operational Pakistan Ordered 20 More making the Number to 75 .. how Many India is getting??? i heard it was 500+

18698407_1924706941079111_7455312354007192547_n.jpg
GE rolls out first Evolution Series locomotive for Indian Railways
Written by Keith Barrow

• THE first of 1000 1676mm-gauge Evolution Series locomotives for Indian Railways (IR) was unveiled at the company’s plant in Erie, Pennsylvania, on June 1.

GE was awarded a $US 2.5bn contract in November 2015 to supply 700 3.36MW and 300 4.47MW six-axle locomotives over an 11-year period through a joint venture with IR.

The first 100 locomotives will be built at Erie and shipped either fully assembled or as kits, while the remaining 900 units will be constructed at a new joint venture production facility at Marhoura in the Indian state of Bihar. The 91.5-hectare facility is due to be commissioned next year.

In addition to production, the joint venture will be responsible for maintaining the fleet for a period of 13 years from the start of production.

Our Evolution Series Tested and Operational Pakistan Ordered 20 More making the Number to 75 .. how Many India is getting??? i heard it was 500+

18698407_1924706941079111_7455312354007192547_n.jpg
When PR has extended the contract for 20 more? As far i can remember and come to know, they are about to float a tender for 300 locos of different hp ranging from 1500 to 4500 and will be built in risalpur locoshed with ToT. It is highly anticipated that GE will get this contract. PR has bitter experience with chinese locos.
PS: Number will 74 as new engine has been written off from service with number GEU-40-9021.

Pakistan Railways orders GE locomotives

pakistan-railways-signs-agreement-with-us-company-1496839375-3918.jpg

PAKISTAN: GE Transportation announced an agreement to supply 20 FDL C20EMP diesel locomotives to Pakistan Railways on June 7.

The 1 676 mm gauge C20EMP locomotives are to be supplied from Erie in the USA by the end of 2018. They will be a lightweight 2 000 hp mixed traffic design suitable for use on mountainous routes in the north of the country. They will initially be used between Karachi and Lahore and on coal and oil trains to Faisalabad and Multan, before being deployed on the routes to Peshawar and Quetta.

The order has been placed as part of a government strategy to increase rail’s share of the transport market from 4% to 20% within 10 years. ‘We continue to make great strides towards reaching the transportation goal as part of the country’s Vision 2025 plan’, said Minister of Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique when the agreement was announced. ‘Modernising rail transportation and improving regional connectivity are critical components of the government’s plan, and we are confident that our relationship with GE will help achieve these goals.’

The order builds on a 2015 contract for the supply of 55 Evolution Series ES43ACi locomotives, 32 of which have now been delivered.

The latest order is ‘a testament to our reliability and innovation’, said Sarim Sheikh, President & CEO of GE Pakistan. ‘We look forward to delivering strong locomotives that help the country reach its goals in improving rail infrastructure across the country, improving the quality of services to citizens and supporting the nation’s economy.’

--------------

Back
Top Bottom