What's new

Pakistan Railways near Bankruptcy

kill railway once forever these railways PIA STEEL MILLS are white elephants they suck our blood ang give us in return only corruption

Railways offers the cheapest form of land transport. Killing its railways is one of the worst decision a developing country can make.

Indian Railways is one of the things every Indian can be proud of. I dont care whether they make profit or not as long as they dont make huge losses.
I am sure better management can save PR. Asking to kill it is absurd.

I am a Railway Enthusiast... it seems that the guys here are confused between 'No. of engines' and 'No of Trains Services' ..

What the anchor tried to convey is that PR is now running only Eight major passenger services per day Eg being --Allama Iqbal Express, Karakoram express, Tezgam express etc.

PR has around 500 engines (Locomotives) out of which currently ~ 200 are operational.. A fact mentioned even by the panel expert on Video Conferencing.

Also, A fact worth mention is that at the time of partition Pakistan got a railway network of around 8500 kilometers from colonial masters which has shrunk to around 7000 Kms. as on date. So this decline is not sudden, reality is that the investment required for maintenance & expansion this vital national asset was never made even during the previous regimes.

After watching the video, the problem, I see with Pakistan Railway is not building a proper domestic manufacturing and maintenance facilities. Importing engines, will only take you so far, because the maintenance will be expensive . Indian railways also makes losses, with its very low passenger prices, but the government steps in with subsidies, we have a separate budget for railways and it has a good network on manufacturing and maintenance facilities.

I watched this show , and I was utterly gutted and shocked to hear that Pakistan Railways has only 8 locomotives.

Things were not bad in 1947 as they are now

Its estimated 1 Locomotive (train) can yeild 1 billion rupees for railways
150 Locomotives can yeild 150 billion ruppees (2-3 billion USD for Pakistan in profits)

They had 47 locomotives but because of none maintenence , and using sludge infested lubricants the engines of these brand new locomotives were permenently damanged

We hear that there are plans to get 150 new locomotives

a) Who is getting kickbacks from these new deals?
b) Why are we not producing 20-30 locomotives in Pakistan ?
c) Why are we running just 8 locomotives only ?

Disgusting and shameful

Most advocates of us not purchasing more C130 likes plans argued we can move stuff by trains ? well guess what we only have 8 trains running in whole of Pakistan how , disgraceful is that ? 8 ?

Trade - via train is 70% cheaper then loading it on trucks and doing it but there is push to use trucks and not trains for trade by Mafia in Pakistan

a) This company has to be audited and people should be sent to prison

We need to learn from China - CATCH CEO AND HANG THE BASTARDOS WHO ARE CURRUPT

in 2007, we had 47 railway engines, now in 2011 we have only 8 :blink::what::confused::disagree:

That is so very low. Pathetic infact for such a large country. Only 8 Locomotives?

India has 8000+ Locos And still it will increase by additional 1400 Locos by 2014

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

in 2007, we had 47 railway engines, now in 2011 we have only 8 :blink::what::confused::disagree:

Sir, Any link for that?

Watch @ 0:50, 2:00, 2:09, 2:44 clips of indian railways used

Last edited by a moderator:
Our politicians are bayghairat. Some reporter asked our railway minister about the corruption and he replies "Corruption kis department main nahi hoti?" waah pakistan zindabad. During the 90s, pakistan was one of the best country in the world and look at our condition now, baadshah se bhikari. Allah has said jub koi qom bigar jati hai to main un main se sub se kharab insaan ko un ka hukmaran banata hon

It s good that Pakistan closes the railways. Its a white elepahnt which needs lot of subsidies.
for poor countries like india and pak railways should not be there. if PR develops more railways then there will be more corruption like in india. please use only pvt road transport

Watch @ 0:50, 2:00, 2:09, 2:44 clips of indian railways used
ohh yes :D

You look at small details so carefully :D

but why police uniform is not khakee??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom