What's new

Pakistan plans to buy 14 more F-16 jets from USA

those Mirage2ks are tired, bro

for now, we should focus on what we have and what were are slated to receive soon or further down the pipeline

5th gen let me think

you can buy

f35
f22
the best option

pakistan should buy one of them

you are baby still

there is more 5th gen f-35 jxx and many will on the way next 10 years you will see. world will never stay on 4.5gen after 2015. and buddy look at 4.5 even ugenda which is poorest nation of world has su-30.so you think pakistan will be ever with 4.5???????:P

you are baby still

there is more 5th gen f-35 jxx and many will on the way next 10 years you will see. world will never stay on 4.5gen after 2015. and buddy look at 4.5 even ugenda which is poorest nation of world has su-30.so you think pakistan will be ever with 4.5???????:P

ahh you forgot due to your age India is going for pak-fa

and dear future is in space not in sky

I'm with you bro, I'm with you.

Help convince our people to pay their taxes in their entirety! :D

No one can ever convince this nation for anything bro coz at the end of the day our people will do what they think is good for them , and at the moment due to price hike of commodities they think not paying taxes and utilizing that amount for basic commodities is more good for them

Sir believe me if Gov starts making good policies and started thinking about their nation i bet you on that day every person of this nation will start paying tax ,

Enforcing tax and educating tax both are hell different things,
We have failure coz our Gov always tries to enforce tax

PAF wants 100 F-16s in its inventory by 2012. this was the 'original' peace-gate I-IV plan which fell to 'sanctions'

PAF should grow a heart. There isn't anything lacking in its inventory after the Block 52s join and the J-10s join in a couple of years.

The planes don't come cheap. They cost more than buying bananas from the local market. We aren't a rich country, and we suffered the wrath of the global economic recession besides our economic woes thanks to the multitude of terrorist and political problems.

Had I been sitting in the executive and they had come up with this recommendation to me, I would have asked them to pay a visit to a slum before thinking again especially since they've been accommodated admirably already. Yes, I realize, there are larger considerations here but it isn't as if the PAF's modernization has been shunned altogether. It has received extensive financial support for its plans already. Block 52s, JF-17s and in a number of years J-10s as well. That means a fairly modern flying fleet.

For me f-15 would have been best choice, as it is a twin engined heavy class air superiority fighter ,will be direct match to mki's and will be used for strike missions also with more range as compared to any other aircraft in our inventory plus the luxury of buddy refueling and AESA radar

For ground attack purpose C-130's can fulfill the roles along with jf-17 and f-15's

sure, PDF can write a heartfelt letter to U.S.A. Congress!

it never was in our nature to induct twin engine fighters.....even a squadron of those would be quite costly in the long run

talk to our new member Chogy -- he is a retired USAF pilot and has extensive knowledge of the aircraft. I also consider him a gud friend; a friend of Pakistan as well.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-introduction/62220-howdy-texas-u-s.html

here Is the latest news for u all........a CONDITION ON THE F-16s which PAF is getting...........they r fitted with a chip.......through which Americans can disable the planes anytime........IF THEY R USED AGAINST INDIA.............its a conform news from officials of PAF.............................................n another wing commander told me that all the F-16s of PAF were having the same chip........but was removed by PAF engineers nand he said that PAF can remove these chips anytime and can use these aircrafts freely against any Country including INDIA.....as In the past we have done it...........and dere r 22 T-37 jets of PAF on a base( i dunt remember the base's name) in a hangar..........all new but they cant use them......due to some condition!!!!!
CONFORM NEWS FROM THE OFFICIALS OF PAF............I ASKED THESE QUESTIONS MYSELF!!!

n one of them said that INDIA IS and will have the edge n we cant go across them that easy.....IAF is having high qualified staff n they have high tech weapons!!!!!

sure, PDF can write a heartfelt letter to U.S.A. Congress!

it never was in our nature to induct twin engine fighters.....even a squadron of those would be quite costly in the long run

talk to our new member Chogy -- he is a retired USAF pilot and has extensive knowledge of the aircraft. I also consider him a gud friend; a friend of Pakistan as well.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-introduction/62220-howdy-texas-u-s.html

lol it was a wish list against your wish list of A-10's ,if you can dream for A-10's than i also have a right to dream about anything

By the way on a serious note it was accordance to you post that"if we had enough budget" we would have gone for A-10, so i gave my opinion that "if it would have been so" i'll better choose f-15 over A-10 although both belong to different league but reasons i have mentioned in my previous post

vicious cycle......inept and corrupt politicians and beauracrats; qaum that doesnt want to part with payments to govt. because they feel (know) that portion of it will be mismanaged and line someone's pockets

I do agree that a strong country is created when the BOP (bottom of pyramid) are accounted for and at least provided basic public services that dont cost an arm and a leg.......go to Doctor's Hospital in Lahore, one of the most elite private run hospitals. Even there you will see poor people who literally gave everything just so they could have loved one get 1-2 days of professional care

i call it dakoo hospital b/c they overcharge the costs of meds....

anyways to get back on subject, I sincerely do believe that PAF wants to indigenize where and however they can, so as to save on hard cash. The Thunder program alone is a testament of persistence and hopes to have a cost-effective yet sensible and applicable-to-modern-times solution.

PAF has a heart; and so should all those who genuinely care for the country during these testing times.

lol it was a wish list against your wish list of A-10's ,if you can dream for A-10's than i also have a right to dream about anything

By the way on a serious note it was accordance to you post that"if we had enough budget" we would have gone for A-10, so i gave my opinion that "if it would have been so" i'll better choose f-15 over A-10 although both belong to different league but reasons i have mentioned in my previous post

fair enough. I was just trying to be funny.

Hell, i myself would choose the former over the latter if budget were not such a concern.

we don't need tank killers since nowdays $15 worth of shaped charge explosives wrapped in 155mm artillery shells are usually enough to slice through even the thickest armour

A-10 would be good however for taking out enemies hiding in underground bunkers and what have you; though we are aiming to minimize collateral/property damage to the best of our ability (goes without saying)

p.s. Pakistan was offered the A-10, wayyy back in early 80s.......We were never offered the F-15, and a request for an upfitted and fully modernized F-15 Eagle (for ground attack role i.e. offensive) would set U.S. Congress into huge debate and shouting match......they are the hindrance. Not so much indian lobby, not the Pentagon.

Last edited:
fair enough. I was just trying to be funny.

Hell, i myself would choose the former over the latter if budget were not such a concern.

we don't need tank killers since nowdays $15 worth of shaped charge explosives wrapped in 155mm artillery shells are usually enough to slice through even the thickest armour

A-10 would be good however for taking out enemies hiding in underground bunkers and what have you; though we are aiming to minimize collateral/property damage to the best of our ability (goes without saying)

anyways..........

lol here is another discussion ending with the line "limited budget"

I hope we could have done something to resolve that issue , we can day dream like AZAD bhai to get n grab everything but at the end everything stops when it comes to budget.

I hope we could have utilized our resources in a better and more efficient way but anyways its never too late .I wish politician can understand this dire need ,and instead of looting try to do something good for the nation

We can only be optimistic about the future.
Rest ALLAH knows best

ALLAH is the best Saviour
Wasalam

well why not they buy UAE used mirages in low rates too well if they wants for air to air war than F 16 is better but even better willl be F 15 to match SU 30 MKI and F 15 would have 100 percent edge over Indian SU 3o well Stilll f 16 is good against SU 30 because our pilots have advantage over indian pilots if we go for than advantage will incraese to 50 percent than paf pilots and F 15 of paf will both have edge on indian pilots and SU 30 anyway what type of radar our F 16 has ANPG 64 or ANPG 68 or AESA

Answer to both is the same.Considering the established infrastructure, both would be prohibitively expensive. Plus both would be more expensive to maintain for different reasons.
Araz

either ones will do!

I have posted this earlier and just for discussion repeosting this again.According to Hkhan of pakdef.info, the bl 15 OCUs currently with USN will be released to PAF by autumn due to US navy rules. However, in case PAF cant get those we will get other EDAs.
Araz

PAF should grow a heart. There isn't anything lacking in its inventory after the Block 52s join and the J-10s join in a couple of years.

The planes don't come cheap. They cost more than buying bananas from the local market. We aren't a rich country, and we suffered the wrath of the global economic recession besides our economic woes thanks to the multitude of terrorist and political problems.

Had I been sitting in the executive and they had come up with this recommendation to me, I would have asked them to pay a visit to a slum before thinking again especially since they've been accommodated admirably already. Yes, I realize, there are larger considerations here but it isn't as if the PAF's modernization has been shunned altogether. It has received extensive financial support for its plans already. Block 52s, JF-17s and in a number of years J-10s as well. That means a fairly modern flying fleet.

Agreed without any caveats.People need to see what PAF is doing.We have some funds coming our way which can only be used to buy US products. So we are trying to get the best bang for the buck with money donated to us.One could argue that you should also be spending this money on benefitting the public. but I think there may be restrictions on its use and also when have you seen any Pakistani ruler spend money purely for the benefit of the people.
Araz

well why not they buy UAE used mirages in low rates too well if they wants for air to air war than F 16 is better but even better willl be F 15 to match SU 30 MKI and F 15 would have 100 percent edge over Indian SU 3o well Stilll f 16 is good against SU 30 because our pilots have advantage over indian pilots if we go for than advantage will incraese to 50 percent than paf pilots and F 15 of paf will both have edge on indian pilots and SU 30 anyway what type of radar our F 16 has ANPG 64 or ANPG 68 or AESA

Sir UAE Mirage 2000s will be swapped back with France in case they want to go ahead with the Rafale deal. Plus UAE never really helps Pakistan like that, I know the UAEAF pretty well enough, they're MOSTLY(not all) airheads and they're very relaxed when it comes to their Air Force. They buy whatever a government forces them to buy, such as the US with their F-16E/Fs. And plus Pakistan will never buy F-15s nor it has(only one Pakistani flies the Strike Eagles, he's in USAF).

Back
Top Bottom