What's new

Pakistan now has highest number of CNG-run vehicles

Very Commendable indeed.

The figures quoted above says a savings of just $2 per CNG car per year,thats not worth any mention, it has to be more than that.

Exactly what I was thinking....those figures do not match. Its way too low

Good but price of CNG is fast reaching that of Diesel.

Diesel engines are not favoured because they can not be converted into CNG. If the price difference is negligible people might start to prefer diesel cars. That is Not Goooood!

What I want to know is the taxation treatment of natural gas in Pakistan for car usage vis-a-vis treatment levied on foreign petrol. If the reason that natural gas usage is so prevalent is due to higher tax levied on petrol, then that is a cause of regret not celebration. The reason is that it is inefficient usage of a precious natural resouce when cheaper imported substitutes are available.

This is exactly the case and due to higher number of CNG vehicles Pakistan is now facing gas shortage for industrial and power sector. The fields are depleting and there are no new finds. If govt abolish petroleum development surcharge then price of petrol will be same at that of CNG prices if not less.

Good one for Pakistan.

Delhi also has a massive number of CNG run cars, which is ever increasing. But the problem is that the CNG stations are simply not keeping up. Whats deterring people like me converting their cars to CNG is that you have to wait for goddamned hours in the line to get your car tanked up. Its not possible unless you have a driver or something.

What i dont get is whether the Delhi govt is dithering in giving out licences to CNG stations, or whether there is shortage of CNG or what!

Incidentally, Delhi Transport Corporation runs the worlds largest fleet of CNG bus service.

using CNG is cool - it is lesser of the evils [the more evil being petrol diesel]

but it is a fossil fuel making it an evil that will run out in around 30-50 yrs

what should be researched and adopted is Bio-diesel - the unlimited supply of fuel for your burning needs

you just have to grow it. Quite sure that just like India there are vast streaches of barren land in Pakistan not cultivable.

These land could be used to cultivate plants like Jatropha used for Bio-diesel production, as it has very low requirements for growth

We got companies in India that ply their employee transport buses using bio-diesel

cost-effective large scale production of bio-diesel is lacking.

Research is being done to achieve cost-effetiveness. India Pakistan both being oil importers, , in a better world ,could have looked into joint research into it - a sort of CBM ;)

Last edited:
Good one for Pakistan.

Delhi also has a massive number of CNG run cars, which is ever increasing. But the problem is that the CNG stations are simply not keeping up. Whats deterring people like me converting their cars to CNG is that you have to wait for goddamned hours in the line to get your car tanked up. Its not possible unless you have a driver or something.

What i dont get is whether the Delhi govt is dithering in giving out licences to CNG stations, or whether there is shortage of CNG or what!

Incidentally, Delhi Transport Corporation runs the worlds largest fleet of CNG bus service.

There is a Mushroom growth of CNG stations in Pakistan. Main road near my house has around 15 CNG stations on both sides. They are eating up our gas resources coz Gas should be used in industry before it is used in cars and homes. Pakistan has always been lucky in past coz of some major finds, i hope if we search we might find some really big reserves but until then we need to watch how we burn our gas

Back
Top Bottom