What's new

Pakistan Now A Hot Spot For It Outsourcing

Zaheerkhan;200538]God...if I ony knew the source of all your knowledge!!!:lol:

Oh its called education which obviously you are not familiar with.

People shifting away from India because indians demand higher wages???:lol:

OK you tell me one reason why IT companies moved to India other then the cheap labor and lower to non existence taxes what possible thing India could have offered that most of these IT companies couldn't have found in west Name one just one thing and if u cant i suggest instead of attacking people get Educated u might learn a thing or two.

Image search firm Riya is to pull its research and engineering operations out of India to consolidate in the U.S. due to rising wages in Bangalore.

The company, which is behind visual shopping Web site Like.com and specializes in image recognition software, had maintained offices in both Bangalore and the U.S. despite the difficulties of being based in locations 12 time zones apart because low wages and a strong pool of talent in India meant the company still saw a significant return on investment.

But in his company blog, Riya chief executive Munjal Shah, said: “Bangalore wages have just been growing like crazy. To give you an example, there is an employee of ours who took the first five years of his career to get from 1 percent to 10 percent of his equivalent U.S. counterpart.

“He then jumped from 10 percent to 20 percent of his U.S. counterpart in the next 1 year. During his time with us (less than two years) he jumped to 55 percent of the U.S. wage. In the next few months we would have had to move him to 75 percent just to ‘keep him at market.’”

Shah added: “In general this wage inflation is really good for my employees and great for India.”

But the increase in Bangalore wages had “destroyed the ROI” that was the rationale for maintaining the otherwise difficult two-continent operation. The company has now moved to consolidate its engineering and research work at its California headquarters.

Rising wages prompt firm to pull out of India | IDGSister | News | July 02, 2007 | By Tash Shifrin, Computerworld UK, IDG News Service

GIANT TATA Consultancy Services will outsource jobs to Mexico with 5,000 staff being hired over the next five years.
According to The Times, a stronger rupee, rising costs and a lack of talent is causing the move. Tata competitors including Infosys, Satyam and Wipro have already moved some of their operations to mainland China.

The 5,000 jobs that Tata plans will be based in a software development centre in Guadalajara
Indian software jobs outsourced to Mexico - The INQUIRER

If you like i can provide you with more info on it but iam sure you get the message.:rofl:

Last edited:
malaymishra123;200899]Yes, the article is crap, it uses some facts to paint its own picture which is false

OK did the india governement tried to incrase taxes and then withdrew them or not.

The tax benefits were given back in lieu of the crunch the IT companies were facing because of the huge market recession in IT, and the extreme drop in demand from their primary customer-the US. It was not to retain the competitive edge-it was a breather in view of the market conditions

Call it what you like feel free to do so but if it talks like a duck walks like a duck guess what its a duck.

Allow me to tell you 'pal' that these companies are going to tier 2 and 3 cities instead of tier 1 cities to cut costs and then even apart from that the current recession in IT has put a big stop on the rising wages of the IT engineers.
lol ok what ever you say i believe you you might wanna convince the companies.

Like is said, wages are frozen, and salaries would start declining again soon.
Indian IT companies are investing abroad and opening IT centers in western countries-does that mean that they dont care about wages there? By your logic, they should have gone to phillipines than US/Europe.

I dont believe i said any where that these comapnies are moving to europe or usa for that matter so instead of attacking me without a reason Pay attention to what i said.THEY MOVED OUT OF WEST BECAUSE OF CHEAP LABOR PROVIDED BY INDIANS NOT CAUSE THEY COULDNT GET TALENT IN WEST.

Pakistan may or may not become an IT hub, but it wont become one for the reasons stated in the article

DON'T WORRY ABOUT PAKISTAN WE HAVE BECOME SOME THING AGAINST ALL ODDS IN 60 YEARS OF OUR EXISTENCE.GOLD ONLY TAKES SHAPE AFTER BEING HEATED.WE ARE GOING THROUGH ROUGH PATCH NOT TO WORRY WE WILL COME OUT OF THIS STRONGER AND PROSPEROUS AS MOST PAKISTANIS ARE WAKING UP FASTER THEN MOST OUT THERE REALIZE.YOU SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT INDIA UNCLE SAM IS PART OF THE HISTORY NOW CHINA IS THE NEW POWER PONDER THAT.

Frankly i could post as many articles of new firms comming to set up shop in India inspite of the rise in wages...so?

and China is nothing as of now. Please dont hype it up to be anything. Its growing, as are other countries along with it. If the US economy takes a tumble-the first country to be pulled back would be China who's completely dependent on its exports to the US.

The reason why ppl come here to do business here is the skill of the Indian IT workforce and R&D...Look at the Indian auto industry..every major car maker in the world has a R&D in India and is exporting cars from India to around the world....Boeing is in talks to open a major R&D in India...India already has an acclaimed space technology....almost all major softwares, from mobile phone software to airplane softwares have an Indian connection coupled with a boom in computer hardware manifacturing.....wages are no hurdle, they are paying for the services from the person.

OK AVERAGE LABORER (ALSO KNOWN AS NON TALENTED PERSON) IN USA COSTS FORD GM OR CHRYSLER 50 TO $60/HR THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE PENSION LIABILITIES TO THE COMPANY NOW THATS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AVERAGE WORKER OK.
ENGINEER AND OTHERS INVOLVED IN R&D PROGRAMMERS COST A LOT MORE THEN 60/HR.
last i checked 1 us dollar is 46.2307 Indian rupee so with a simple mathematics
even at 47 rupee/dollar if the India workers are getting less then 2350/hr Indian rupee.they aren't making the same wages as average Joe in these companies plants.
if you can tell me at these R&D centers you keep talking about average guy is making more then 2350 Indian rupee/hr then i believe these companies moved there cause of Indian talent and not cause of cheap labor and if thats not the case i suggest stfu i hope this clears it for ya.

malaymishra123;201341]Frankly i could post as many articles of new firms comming to set up shop in India inspite of the rise in wages...so?

Ok whats the average wage of these workers are they making same as westren workers if not i suggest stfu.

and China is nothing as of now. Please dont hype it up to be anything. Its growing, as are other countries along with it. If the US economy takes a tumble-the first country to be pulled back would be China who's completely dependent on its exports to the US.

lol yeah where west is dying to make India some thing they been dying to stop china from becoming a giant which off course they have failed majorly.during this financial melt down Chinese have bought more then average guy on the street would no in Americans banks and other assets + they own major part of American debt.

let me explain what that means in average term if the Chinese wanna see acrobat done by George bush all they have to do is ask.Chinese have a population of over a billion people they have enough consumers at home not to worry about American markets(iam sure they are hurting every business does when they lose a customer but that don't mean they are not a economic giant and America isn't history)Most profits declared by Western auto makers and other corporations were out of china.:china:

Its pointless to talk sense with a Chinese fanboy-correction-a Pakistani Chinese fanboy. Even the Chinese know where they stand, their admirers it seems lack that sense.

Now come to other point cheap labour.... I agree outsourcing started with aim of cutting cost. Initially jobs outsourced to those countries who can provide cheap labour as well as skilled labour. Later stages these countries gained experience and invested in education and skill updates, that results to local companies and skilled labour both gone up in ladder. Same thing happening in India, proposition is now not only cheap labour, but kind of strategic parternership. What do you think Indian IT companies winning larger deals ranging from 100 million to 1 billion, just because of cheap labour?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh its called education which obviously you are not familiar with.

OK you tell me one reason why IT companies moved to India other then the cheap labor and lower to non existence taxes what possible thing India could have offered that most of these IT companies couldn't have found in west Name one just one thing and if u cant i suggest instead of attacking people get Educated u might learn a thing or two.

Image search firm Riya is to pull its research and engineering operations out of India to consolidate in the U.S. due to rising wages in Bangalore.

The company, which is behind visual shopping Web site Like.com and specializes in image recognition software, had maintained offices in both Bangalore and the U.S. despite the difficulties of being based in locations 12 time zones apart because low wages and a strong pool of talent in India meant the company still saw a significant return on investment.

But in his company blog, Riya chief executive Munjal Shah, said: “Bangalore wages have just been growing like crazy. To give you an example, there is an employee of ours who took the first five years of his career to get from 1 percent to 10 percent of his equivalent U.S. counterpart.

“He then jumped from 10 percent to 20 percent of his U.S. counterpart in the next 1 year. During his time with us (less than two years) he jumped to 55 percent of the U.S. wage. In the next few months we would have had to move him to 75 percent just to ‘keep him at market.’”

Shah added: “In general this wage inflation is really good for my employees and great for India.”

But the increase in Bangalore wages had “destroyed the ROI” that was the rationale for maintaining the otherwise difficult two-continent operation. The company has now moved to consolidate its engineering and research work at its California headquarters.

Rising wages prompt firm to pull out of India | IDGSister | News | July 02, 2007 | By Tash Shifrin, Computerworld UK, IDG News Service

GIANT TATA Consultancy Services will outsource jobs to Mexico with 5,000 staff being hired over the next five years.
According to The Times, a stronger rupee, rising costs and a lack of talent is causing the move. Tata competitors including Infosys, Satyam and Wipro have already moved some of their operations to mainland China.

The 5,000 jobs that Tata plans will be based in a software development centre in Guadalajara
Indian software jobs outsourced to Mexico - The INQUIRER

If you like i can provide you with more info on it but iam sure you get the message.:rofl:

Got your education!!! you must know education is taken with an open mind, cause minds are like parachutes, they dont function unless they are open!!!

India is a pool of talent. thousands of engineers passout of India each year!! The talent coupled with the low cost and lack of a language barrier is what brings the big guns to India. And yes, there is a down turn in wages, and thats a global phenominon, caused because of the economic situation in the west.

Regarding Tata outsourcing to mexico, the trend is called reverse-outsoursing,

Reverse Outsourcing (where India creates jobs for USA,(read west))

The outsourcing story so far has been one way --- of Indians and Indian firms eating into jobs in the US and UK. As Indian Information Technology firms reach global scales, a reverse trend is evolving --- Americans and others from the west are finding employment in overseas operations of Indian firms. This is to add to the many out-of-work executives from US who have shifted base to India in search of better opportunities. It is being termed as reverse outsourcing.In the past, Indian outsourcing companies have set up offices in the United States, but they have been largely restricted to marketing, generating new clients as well as establishing a countrywide network that have created very few jobs and that too mostly for Indians. Several reports now indicate that Indian IT giants such as Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Service have resorted to hiring western employees to deal with local populations abroad riding profits generated on huge international business deals as well as the need to penetrate markets further.

Link:Reverse Outsourcing (where India creates jobs for USA)

Its pointless to talk sense with a Chinese fanboy-correction-a Pakistani Chinese fanboy. Even the Chinese know where they stand, their admirers it seems lack that sense.

http://imageshack.us
Heartburn relief that fits in your pocket

use 3 times a day Jealous Boy or oh my bad you are from india u might need to use 3 bottles a day jealous indianboy ha ha ha ha ha.

Zaheerkhan;201720]Got your education!!! you must know education is taken with an open mind, cause minds are like parachutes, they dont function unless they are open!!!
Your a.s.s is on fire and denial denial denial is only thing you can come up with why dont you takeyour own advice go back to school.you will see it will bring rewards to you telling others to open there mind while ignoring realities.its like reality you cant see it till you open your eyes they dont function unless you open them first.

India is a pool of talent. thousands of engineers passout of India each year!! The talent coupled with the low cost and lack of a language barrier is what brings the big guns to India. And yes, there is a down turn in wages, and thats a global phenominon, caused because of the economic situation in the west.

lol ok what ever you say last i checked its called cheap labour read my lips cheap labor.

Regarding Tata outsourcing to mexico, the trend is called reverse-outsoursing
Now this is where opening your eyes and looking at the reality will help Mexico isnt usa.there is no minum wage at mexico as a matter of fact mexicans work for $5/day try hirirng some one in usa for that wage.

Reverse Outsourcing (where India creates jobs for USA,(read west))

The outsourcing story so far has been one way --- of Indians and Indian firms eating into jobs in the US and UK. As Indian Information Technology firms reach global scales, a reverse trend is evolving --- Americans and others from the west are finding employment in overseas operations of Indian firms. This is to add to the many out-of-work executives from US who have shifted base to India in search of better opportunities. It is being termed as reverse outsourcing.In the past, Indian outsourcing companies have set up offices in the United States, but they have been largely restricted to marketing, generating new clients as well as establishing a countrywide network that have created very few jobs and that too mostly for Indians. Several reports now indicate that Indian IT giants such as Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Service have resorted to hiring western employees to deal with local populations abroad riding profits generated on huge international business deals as well as the need to penetrate markets further.

Link:Reverse Outsourcing (where India creates jobs for USA)[/QUOTE]

generating new clients as well as establishing a countrywide network that have created very few jobs and that too mostly for Indians

Best you can do is post some Indians Blog trying to justify why companies are leaving wow amazing now iam convinced.

And about the talent pool you keep talking about i guess DARDO must a missed a boat on that talent pool :rofl:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom