What's new

Pakistan needs a spy satellite?

The ECNEC approved the project of Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS) located in Sindh and Punjab with the cost of Rs1,9695 million.

The project is part of the National Satellite Development Programme for space technology and its application will be in Pakistan, institutional capacity building of Suparco and relevant organisations. The project will carry optical pay load that will produce high resolution earth images with stereo capabilities. The image quality produced by PRSS would be in accordance with the defined international standards.
Ecnec approves 3,511MW projects worth Rs1.3 trillion - thenews.com.pk

A spy satellite is already on its way..

How is that any different from India ? India can't do anything without its foreign arms suppliers like Russia, Israel, France, etc.
I thought we were talking about satellites? How does arms purchases figure here? :hitwall:

How is that any different from India ? India can't do anything without its foreign arms suppliers like Russia, Israel, France, etc.

We need do not help anybody's help since we are very advance in Remote sensing.

What about china which can not produce a good torch without copying?

@Aeronaut, it's not a prohibitively expensive venture to get one built and shot into space. However, I believe that we need to set up our own facility for manufacturing, and yes, MOST of the knowledge exists for DECADES...... depends what you want? There are literally unlimited number of options you could wish for in a spy satellite, it's only .0000000000001% about "taking pictures", the world has progressed a whole lot further since the satellites of 70's.

If we were ever to build a satellite fabrication, we should not build it in Pakistan, rather build it abroad and send on deputation the scientists who need to work in it. Maybe we can sponsor and build one in Turkey or ANY other friendly nation? My experience is, whatever you build in Pakistan, lazy Pakistanis are going to make sure that it fails, and then blame the government or some other department.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we were talking about satellites? How does arms purchases figure here? :hitwall:

Can't you guys do ANYTHING without China's help?

This is from your original post and i just responded by saying that India too needs a lot of foreign assistance. Considering the size diffrence between India and Pakistan i would say the Pakistani's are doing quite well compared to India.

Ah! Back to the China syndrome! Can't you guys do ANYTHING without China's help? I daresay your scientists are equally capable but because of your over-dependence on China for everything, they have not been encouraged to develop technologies on their own.

It's high time Pakistan discards those Chinese crutches and did something on its own with its well qualified scientists and engineers. For how long are you going to depend on China for everything from nukes to rat traps?

you dumbass you miss understood my post
nothing is completely domestic you will always need some thing that you cant make on your own from some one else
chinese do understand technical know how of thing we dont
so what i said was get those thing (technical ones) from china

and by the way we are working on our remote sensing sat which is an indogenous ( not 100%) one

sorry for bad english

Pakistan Military currently using BeiDou Navigation Satellite System.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom