What's new

Pakistan Navy's answer SM-2 for Brahmos.

:lol: Where does it say it "absolutely no answer"? Brahmos may be effective against unsophisticated adversaries but against a well trained,equipped and alert navy it will have limited success.

There are several counter measures against the Brahmos, I suggest you read the following to learn more.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/53380-brahmos-high-2.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ange-cruise-missile-nirbhay-drdo-chief-3.html

Read the second para of the link I gave, If it states ,No weapon system in the world can intercept it, does It not mean that The brahmos has no answer?

BRAHMOS Supersonic Cruise Missile - BrahMos.com

Can you give me the link of any "WORKING+DEPLOYED" system of the world that can destroy a supersonic cruise missile????

Also, does Pakistan has it???

If No, then plz shut up no need to post off topic.

Duh! Read the first post SM2 is working and deployed.

Just because USA doesn't create a supersonic cruise missile, and India/Russia created one, doesn't make America less capable than India/Russia. There is definitely a reason why they did not create a supersonic cruise missile in the first place

IndianArmy,
Sir do you think Brhamos official site will list the missiles that can intercept and destroy it or list the ECM that can make it useless?

Can you give me the link of any "WORKING+DEPLOYED" system of the world that can destroy a supersonic cruise missile????

Also, does Pakistan has it???

If No, then plz shut up no need to post off topic.

Goes to show that indians dont even read the starting post of the thread before they start their trolling mission.
The Raytheon article that i just gave clearly mentions that SM-2 has the capability to engage super sonic missiles.

In fact SM-3 which is a further development of SM-2 successfully engaged a satellite.

Deluded IndianArmy Fanboy. Brahmos is a export product of USSR P-800 which is not stealth.

If You cannot respect one, please do not indulge in debates... I have never Made any one angry , Where was I wrong or offending in my post that you had to use such a sentence?

IndianArmy,
Sir do you think Brhamos official site will list the missiles that can intercept and destroy it or list the ECM that can make it useless?

What more of a choice do we have than to believe them?? And More over, When it comes to defense no one posts fiction, If they do, they are Putting that country to risk, So They wouldnt just like that Put it

Read the second para of the link I gave, If it states ,No weapon system in the world can intercept it, does It not mean that The brahmos has no answer?

BRAHMOS Supersonic Cruise Missile - BrahMos.com

The Brahmos site claims ".........non-interception by any known weapons system in the world" :lol: sounds like an unprofessional fan boy claim.

First have they tested this against all know weapons systems?
Raytheon claim in their product datasheet that their Evolved SeaSparrow Missile is capable of intercepting the Brahmos (turn to page 2). I don't know about you but I trust Raytheon way more than Brahmos Aerospace.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilitie...cuments/content/rtn_rms_ps_essm_datasheet.pdf

I don't get it guys...I know we are adversary but can't we even have a civilized discussion...

Very simple question...It seems that the proofs that are being provided by thread strated does not show you are going to get SM2...How difficult is the tast to show something and prove the other party wrong???

What is that we get in personal insults....Indian Trolls...Fragates in Charity etc etc??? There is no doubt that these frigates are good will gesture from US on Pakistan's effort in WOT...However we can always use words that shoulf not sound offensive...On other hand asking legimitate question should not be considered as trolling...

Fair???

Some information about ESSM which is less capable then SM-2.
source Raytheon website.

ESSM Mission The Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (ESSM) defends the local area battlespace, delivering lethal, quick reaction firepower against faster, lower, smaller and more maneuverable
anti-ship threats, including cruise missiles, surface threats and low-velocity air threats.

Threat Coverage
• High-speed, highly maneuverable
anti-ship missiles (SS-N-22,
Brahmos, etc.)

Brahmos aka PJ-800 variant invincible my :bunny:.

The Brahmos site claims ".........non-interception by any known weapons system in the world" :lol: sounds like an unprofessional fan boy claim.

Raytheon claim in their product datasheet that their Evolved SeaSparrow Missile is capable of intercepting the Brahmos (turn to page 2). I don't know about you but I trust Raytheon way more than Brahmos Aerospace.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilitie...cuments/content/rtn_rms_ps_essm_datasheet.pdf

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1. So in other words you are saying that "Raytheon" have tested their system against Brahmos?????????

2. And still u call them more professional???

3. Why are u posting off topic are we discussing ESSM???

4. Stick to the Pakistani capabilities V/s Brahmos.

Developing a weapon is no childs play sir, and If they have mentioned it, they Mean it..... They might have done a virtual testing by keeping all the parameters Normal... Without doing anything, the developer never comes to a conclusion....

This news will brake heart for many indian fanboys.

Raytheon Standard Missile-2 Demonstrates Sea-Based Terminal, Fleet Protection

POINT MUGU, Calif., March 27, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- A Raytheon Company Standard Missile-2 Block IV missile intercepted and destroyed a ballistic missile target at the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division. The SM-2 Block IV engagement demonstrated a near-term, sea-based capability for destroying short-range ballistic missiles in their terminal or final phase of flight.

During the same test, a Raytheon SM-2 Block IIIA missile intercepted and destroyed a low-altitude, anti-ship cruise missile target. The first-of-its-kind test simultaneously demonstrated an air warfare capability against a low-altitude, anti-ship cruise missile and a ship system engagement capability.

The crew of the guided missile destroyer USS Benfold (DDG-65) fired both SM-2 surface-to-air missiles. The ballistic missile target was launched from San Nicolas Island, Calif., while the anti-ship cruise missile target was launched from Point Mugu.

"These intercepts once again prove SM-2, whatever the mission, is the best option for protecting our warfighters at sea," said Frank Wyatt, Raytheon Missile Systems vice president of Naval Weapon Systems. "SM-2 Block IV can destroy incoming short-range ballistic missiles through direct impact or by detonating a blast-fragmentation warhead close to the target. SM-2 Block IIIA offers the best advanced fleet protection against all air warfare threats."

This was the third test of the modified SM-2 Block IV missile against short range ballistic missiles and the latest in a series of tests using the SM-2 Block IIIA. Raytheon is also working with the Missile Defense Agency to develop a far-term, sea-based terminal capability.

Raytheon Company, with 2008 sales of $23.2 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 87 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 73,000 people worldwide.

Ms. I am very well aware of your understanding about the effectiveness of Brahmos....However why don't you point the guy to the thread where you shared your opinion rather than discussing something which is off topic as far as this thread is concerned??? Here we are talking only about SM2 vs Brahmos and moreover if PN is getting this missile in first place... If you have info then kindly share light on it...or else my humble request lets not convert this thread into Brahmos vs Rest of world...

Back
Top Bottom