What's new

Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft launched

Working on it.

It's built by Xinggang Shipyard, Tianjin and part of China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Company Limited (CSOC) . Apparently, a variant is being made for Bangladesh navy.

TIANJIN XINGANG SHIPBUILDING HEAVY INDUSTRY CO.,LTD. XINGANG SHIREPAIR YARD
China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation
[from hearsay]

Thailand's Marsun Shipyard has designed the patrol craft and fast attack craft that are being built in the Bangladesh and Pakistan shipyards, with cooperation from CSOC of China. So, there are three parties involved. For Bangladeshi vessels at least, some components (such as engine, weapons and navigation equipment) have been imported from the UK.

is it already built??

type056.jpg

Pardon me bro, i messed it up all perhaps because we lost to India in cricket semifinal today :P

I am against such naval vehicles because Pakistan don't need them especially if the adversary can buy better aircraft carriers & long range missiles from Russia....
Remember at the time when US built far more aircraft carriers the Russians instead of fighting a similar weapon with a similar weapon; changed the wargame policy & built the much economical & deadly black sea Submarine fleet.
First thing to acknowledge is that we are at defensive at least for now so submarine is viable option as the saying goes.
Carriers & naval vehicles are built to utilise/exploit the open waters but the submarines deny such freedom!!

I am against such naval vehicles because Pakistan don't need them especially if the adversary can buy better aircraft carriers & long range missiles from Russia....
Remember at the time when US built far more aircraft carriers the Russians instead of fighting a similar weapon with a similar weapon; changed the wargame policy & built the much economical & deadly black sea Submarine fleet.
First thing to acknowledge is that we are at defensive at least for now so submarine is viable option as the saying goes.
Carriers & naval vehicles are built to utilise/exploit the open waters but the submarines deny such freedom!!

I am with you bro. Submarines makes better deterrents and are flexible in fulfilling variations of different tasks. It makes more sense for Pakistan to field more subs, AA batteries, SAM's and ASM's etc. It is all about maximising the damage and cost effectively eliminating their most valued equipments.

There is no reason not to assume we can't

a) We really need 20 such boats in Pakistan Navy , together with the Frigates we have would create a good combination

b) But I wonder how effective these boats are vs Submarine threats do they have any capabilities against submerged targets

a) what for? estimate arrived at how?
b) not effective: their primary mission and armament is anti-surface.

Sea denial: a military / naval term describing attempts to deny an enemy's ability to use the sea but at the same time making no attempt to control the sea itself. A sea denial strategy is a far easier strategy to carry out than sea control. It can be waged quite offensively or rather defensively.

Sea denial: a military / naval term describing attempts to deny an enemy's ability to use the sea but at the same time making no attempt to control the sea itself. A sea denial strategy is a far easier strategy to carry out than sea control. It can be waged quite offensively or rather defensively.
tHNAK You SIR

So we still don't which type we are getting uff....

Hi, Penguin, thanks for the links. But we can't get much information from these China shipbuilding companies' website, especially information on navy vessels. I just want to know where does the picture you first posted in the original FAC(M) thread come from.
It is probably a scan from a brochure. I got it from CDF. I got the impression it was first posted by one of the members from Bangladesh, which is building a variant.

Back
Top Bottom