What's new

Pakistan National Anthem - In Sign Language

If you guys understand your anthem in full, then you should understand Persian as well.

I do understand your anthem in full, but I don't understand Urdu in some cases, something doesn't seem right. :D

If you guys understand your anthem in full, then you should understand Persian as well.

I do understand your anthem in full, but I don't understand Urdu in some cases, something doesn't seem right. :D

Persian in written form: yes, one can get idea about text. But when Iranian or Afghans speak in their accents, then zero understanding.
It was official language before Brits came. Also, after independence stayed compulsory till late 70s in high school classes. Older generations can speak and understand.

My parents generation had to study Persian so they understand most of it but not really the accent...

Literature Urdu is leaning more towards Persian, Sanskrit and Arabic while spoken Urdu leans more towards Hindi but a politer version....

Its not Persian, its Urdu. Its not my fault if you are so less educated in classical Urdu.
Easy there!

Literature Urdu is leaning more towards Persian, Sanskrit and Arabic while spoken Urdu leans more towards Hindi but a politer version....
Exactly. Literary Urdu is more or less inclined towards Persian. The best authoritative works of Iqbal, ideological founder of Pakistan were written in Persian, not Urdu. Its such a national shame for Pakistan that the kind of Islamic Revolution Iqbal saw for his country actually happened in Iran post 1979. In Iran, the revolutionaries still hold Iqbal in high esteem. He is well known there as Iqbal Lahori:
Iqbal in Iran
In Iran, he is famous as Iqbāl-e Lāhorī (اقبال لاهوری‎). (Iqbal of Lahore) Iqbal’s “Asrare-i-Khudi” and famous “Bal-i-Jibreel” enjoy mass popularity in Iran and are taken as a way of life, while many scholars in Iran have recognized the importance of Iqbal's poetry in inspiring and sustaining the Iranian Revolution of 1979. During the early phases of the revolutionary movement, it was a common thing to see people gathering in a park or corner to listen to someone reciting Iqbal’s blood-warming Persian poetry, that is why people of all ages in Iran today are familiar with at least some of his poetry, notably "Az-zabur-e-Ajam".

Key Iranian thinkers and leaders who were influenced by Iqbal's poetry during the rise of the Iranian revolution include Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Ali Shariati, and Abdolkarim Soroush; although much of the revolutionary guard was intimately familiar with numerous verses of Iqbal's body of poetry. In fact, at the inauguration of the First Iqbal Summit in Tehran (1986), The Supreme Leader of the Iranian Revolution, Ayatollah Khamenei stated that in its 'conviction that the Quran and Islam are to be made the basis of all revolutions and movements', Iran was 'exactly following the path that was shown to us by Iqbal'. Ali Shariati, who has been described as a core ideologue for the Iranian Revolution, described Iqbal as a figure who brought a message of "rejuvination", "awakening" and "power" to the Muslim World.
Muhammad Iqbal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While in our Pakistan, there is only one political party that even claims of following Iqbalism on the surface. Yes, its the most controversial party of Pakistan: PTI! :D

Actually there is a syncrisity. The anthem was thus designed so it would make sense in both Persian and Urdu.
BS! The anthem was written in national language of Pakistan, not Persian!!! That was the literary Urdu at that time. Its not the fault of the original author that current Pakistani populace at large cannot even understand it! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom