What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

What to Expect from JF-17 Block 3?

Correction: At 4:05 Image Shown instead of PL-15 is MBDA Meteor which is for Representation Purpose.

Last edited:
LAUNCHING CEREMONY OF FIRST CORVETTE VESSEL BUILT FOR PAKISTAN NAVY HELD IN ROMANIA

60335270_2346740405607919_8838721925535498240_o.jpg

I think regular QRF but anyone got pics of LCB with the new camo
Definitely regular. I don’t get the purpose of calling them QRF? Sentries at checkpoints/guard posts/cantonment entrances etc. All have the same equipment. And recently. They’ve gotten individual Radio sets aswell (yes, normal soldiers). Their gear also changes depending on location and security level.
The sentries which are only deployed in the mornings (rush hours) etc, mainly in large cantonments usually still carry G3P4s and have The Walkie-Talkie style radios. As in, a little less gear.
Deployed soldiers usually have backpacks and pouches and such as the Turkish ones are using. I guess ours aren’t because they were traveling over to turkey and didn’t see a use for taking them.
It’s nice to see how far they’ve come from just a rifle and ammo to Proper protection, gear and that professional look.

Definitely regular. I don’t get the purpose of calling them QRF? Sentries at checkpoints/guard posts/cantonment entrances etc. All have the same equipment. And recently. They’ve gotten individual Radio sets aswell (yes, normal soldiers). Their gear also changes depending on location and security level.
The sentries which are only deployed in the mornings (rush hours) etc, mainly in large cantonments usually still carry G3P4s and have The Walkie-Talkie style radios. As in, a little less gear.
Deployed soldiers usually have backpacks and pouches and such as the Turkish ones are using. I guess ours aren’t because they were traveling over to turkey and didn’t see a use for taking them.
It’s nice to see how far they’ve come from just a rifle and ammo to Proper protection, gear and that professional look.
Yes they may have the same equipment as a sentry guard or regular soldier but QRF is better trained in terms off dealing with terrorism

Yes they may have the same equipment as a sentry guard or regular soldier but QRF is better trained in terms off dealing with terrorism
Entire battalions, about 234 k in total had been trained at NCT school 2 years ago ,possibly thousands more have in the past 2 years ,
QRF is just regular infantry assigned to always be alert to respond

I don’t think that’s true. QRF just means a quick response Force. All soldiers unless LCB/SF have the same training and same opportunities to increase that training. QRF isn’t a dedicated role inside the military for them to get special training and designations. All Pakistan military personnel receive Anti terror training, it was made regular after WoT started, pull up any old TV show and you’ll see them training for it. All the Sentries, Patrols, QRF, guards etc are the same. I think the difference in training might come because QRF is almost always infantry (that is, the ones deployed in sensitive areas, the ones back in safe areas are always of the regiment of the thing they’re guarding) and the others can be from any regiment. And a infantry soldier would do a better job of fighting on foot than a gunner or a tanker, which is understandable. But on paper, same training :)

Also, does anyone remember that before the LCB came into play. There used to be A small platoon/section (I never knew the actual strength) of Semi-Commando type of personnel with every battalion and such. If you see Wajahat Ali Khans’ or other reporters shows from 2016-17, they were often on camera, especially at the LoC. Have they been merged into the LCB? Because it sounds better for them to be under one banner. Or do they still exist just as a nameless thing.

I don’t think that’s true. QRF just means a quick response Force. All soldiers unless LCB/SF have the same training and same opportunities to increase that training. QRF isn’t a dedicated role inside the military for them to get special training and designations. All Pakistan military personnel receive Anti terror training, it was made regular after WoT started, pull up any old TV show and you’ll see them training for it. All the Sentries, Patrols, QRF, guards etc are the same. I think the difference in training might come because QRF is almost always infantry (that is, the ones deployed in sensitive areas, the ones back in safe areas are always of the regiment of the thing they’re guarding) and the others can be from any regiment. And a infantry soldier would do a better job of fighting on foot than a gunner or a tanker, which is understandable. But on paper, same training :)

Also, does anyone remember that before the LCB came into play. There used to be A small platoon/section (I never knew the actual strength) of Semi-Commando type of personnel with every battalion and such. If you see Wajahat Ali Khans’ or other reporters shows from 2016-17, they were often on camera, especially at the LoC. Have they been merged into the LCB? Because it sounds better for them to be under one banner. Or do they still exist just as a nameless thing.
No no , the LCB is separate, these are just shock troops for a battlion , equiv to gurkha platoons of Indians , better equipment ( explosives) ammo kit , they are assigned to carry shock attacks against enemies and are directly under the CO , used at critical points in a unit , LCB is a completely separate thing

No no , the LCB is separate, these are just shock troops for a battlion , equiv to gurkha platoons of Indians , better equipment ( explosives) ammo kit , they are assigned to carry shock attacks against enemies and are directly under the CO , used at critical points in a unit , LCB is a completely separate thing
equiv to GATHAK* platoon not gurkha,,, gurkha is a regiment of indian army. In battalion they call it Gathak and we call it commando platoon

The first and second part of my post was different, In case you had that confused. I know the difference between LCB normal infantry. I was just asking what happened to those Semi-Commando guys. I guess the Shock Troop thing makes sense. The role is well suited to them. And they are called a commando platoon. They’re in between regular infantry (QRF and sentries) and LCB then. Thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom