What's new

Pakistan military budget to be slightly decreased this year : Imran Khan

I'm against this.

First, Pakistan Armed Forces give their blood to save the nation. Now, they are giving their funds. How do we expect them to safeguard our borders on the East and the West?

The only upside is that this step demonstrates Pakistan Armed Forces committment to the people of Balochistan and FATA. But no one should fool themselves into thinking that this will satisfy the CIA-funded Haqqani network and foreign proxies. They need to be dismantled.

61919388_2545868672102584_270134768400596992_n.jpg

Give military command of steeles mills and they will generate 5 billion dollar annually for their own needs
I actually second that
every institution that the Military handles becomes profitable
I fail to see why the other Government institutions cannot do the same

It should not be decreased but kept
constant if not increased.Now if ik is unable to fix economy after this he should voluntarily resign from p.m office as further cut cannot be made and will damage security of nation

I actually second that
every institution that the Military handles becomes profitable
I fail to see why the other Government institutions cannot do the same

Then why not give them the whole kit and caboodle called government? The whole country will become profitable.

Certain Budgetary reduction is expected however the Military will not be vastly impacted

We already have ordered the Big Ticket Items 4-5 years ago

SAM (Long/Short) , the 8 Submarines , the 4 Frigates , the 4 Milgem Corvettes, the Historic Helicopter Deal with Turkey. The announcement of 188 JF17 Thunder fleet is all secured.

So for 2019 if we do not order anything new , I think we will be ok for next 1-3 years
with nothing major inducted apart from what we have already ordered before

If we will keep our Military Budget low for 2019, 2020, 2021 it will most likely impact stuff for 2025 delivery

Last edited:
simply put we dont have the resources, the budget starts with -600b.

key projects are
1. project Azm
2. project thunder/jf17s
3. armour acquisition project(al khalid/al haider)
4. SAM long range

chinese sponsered confirm projects for navy will not be impacted

this is for sure going to kill all the talks of 4.5 gen fighter

I predict a 50-100 billion rupees decrease !
it would be a massive decrease in terms of $$..as rupee devalued by 30%

you CANNOT build a country by cutting a defence budget

the most idiotic thing I have ever heard

its like cutting the F16 order for 2005 earthquake fund? I said it at the time and turns out the money never even went to the damaged areas

which country got rich by cutting defence budget?

I am totally against this and should never ever be considered

if you want to build a country find new money and develop the economy, cutting $1 billion from defence will kill the industry and make ZERO difference to GDP

this is a war on the military

Wrong decision by govt. . Its govt responsibility to provide funds. PTI is failing again and again

Back
Top Bottom