What's new

Pakistan might be considering opting for 18 more F16 Block C/D

I think PAF will buy 18 used F-16's and then will upgrade them via lookhead or from Turkey ....I think it would be useless if they ask for brandnew AC's....but all that happen ofcourse with the support of USA.

PAF will not buy J-10B untill flight tests.

I think PAF should sell FT-5, FT-6 & Q5 and buy Hongdu L-15 (Click) as Supersonic advanc trainer and light attack. Work on JF-17 Block II.....increase its points, new engine, new radar...and western avionics.

• No need for new F-16, buy used and upgrade them to Block 52.
  • Wait for test flights of J-10B.
  • Introduce new version of JF-17 Block II (Engine, AESA Radar, Western weapons)
  • Buy 30 Hongdu L-15 Advance training, can be used as light attack fighter. and Sell ur old horses FT-5, FT-6 & Q5 to Sudan, BD etc.

Last edited:
Why F-16's when you can Have J-10? Its easy to acess and Cheap too.... For If IAF chooses Eurofighter Typhoon or Anyother stuff fromMMRCA, F-16 is not an answer to that, u need sumething superior to that atleast, The best PAF can do is get J-10 which has an edge over F-16

Look who he is talking :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why are you so angry, Did I say something wrong? F-16 is not a solution To counter Eurofighter typhoon or any other aircrafts coming in from MMRCA .... U need solid Aircrafts dude.... Iam not advising you, You Guys are smart enough to understand when its proven to be just a rumour as The thread starter said...

then r u confirmed that ur getting ef2000 ? if yes then we will really think on ur advice.besides the whole matter depends upon the result of MMRCA.u better wait for it.:agree:
other wise 150 fc20/f10,78 f16 blk52 n MLUs and 250 Thunder are more then enough to protect our skies.

then r u confirmed that ur getting ef2000 ? if yes then we will really think on ur advice.besides the whole matter depends upon the result of MMRCA.u better wait for it.:agree:
other wise 150 fc20/f10,78 f16 blk52 n MLUs and 250 Thunder are more then enough to protect our skies.

Dint you see what I wrote, I clearly mentioned Ef2000 or any Other MMRCA India is procuring..... Avoid selective reading mentality:disagree:

The idea is to GET the F16 Block c/d immediately and get the 36 J10B by 2014/2015 on schedual , we we know we can get it soonner then that because these are still being tested - but we could get the F16 Block C/D sooner and get the J10B as well

I like the sound of 36 F16 Block C/D by 2012 and 36 J10B together by 2014

It is good idea - to get the extra 18 F16 C/D

Pakistan is not going for 18 more f16 at all.if Pakistan really wanted to buy 36 aircrafts then they never reduce the number to 18.money is spent on fc20/f-10s deal or on jf17 thunders and no more f16s are coming.
besides if Pakistan order for remaining f16 now then we will get these after 5 to 6 years and this is really not in favor of Pakistan.

I think the plan is to get the F16 C/D cash and while the NATA status is applicable -

The chinese crafts are still going thru testing 2011/2012 so we will get them by 2014 anyways but why turn away a discounted F16 C/D block for extra beefing up of Airforce

Chinese just sold 36 billion dollar profit in some bond sale they might just give us a loan on the J10B on installments - so we are just using the cash we have to get goods , and then installments on J10B double the goodies and double the fun

I think we should wait till June 2010 for the first dilevery and then discuss this adittional four............

Regards,

Sunny

OH LORD!!!! here we go again another wish list thread!!!!!!

PAF is cash starved & people want it to go ahead and excericse the option of 18 more!!!

you know something if we HAD the CASH! we would have actually bought a 100 more BUT we DON'T!

so no point wishing....if wishing could have got us anywhere we would be flying the RAPTOR by now!!!

:tup:
OH LORD!!!! here we go again another wish list thread!!!!!!

PAF is cash starved & people want it to go ahead and excericse the option of 18 more!!!

you know something if we HAD the CASH! we would have actually bought a 100 more BUT we DON'T!

so no point wishing....if wishing could have got us anywhere we would be flying the RAPTOR by now!!!

This time I actually like the strategy you know how indians faint when we order anything large , so our gov just orderded little chucks with OPTIONS clauses :P so Indian lobby in USA could not cause a fuss over 18 F16 Jets remember they said we modifed harpoons imagine what they said if we told em we would actually order 36 F16 Block C/D

:pakistan::pakistan:
So by , using smaller numbers over years we actually do get MORE PLANES then buyng it lump sum

The announcement over the 36 J10B is just temporary , we will not get the planes till 2014 so no harm in .. saying we postponed it till test finished , but even in our origional plans we were not expecting these planes till 2015 ...so 2010,2011,2012 was for testing anyways so - it gives a false impression to Indians we will not get it ...

So they won't make a fuss about our extra 18 F16 C/D blocks :P nice strategy

I like it ... HA .LOT

We are getting 36 F16, 150 J10B, 300 JF17 THUNDER ...wow NOW THAT IS WHAT I call an airforce

Last edited:
:tup:

This time I actually like the strategy you know how indians faint when we order anything large , so our gov just orderded little chucks with OPTIONS clauses :P so Indian lobby in USA could not cause a fuss over 18 F16 Jets remember they said we modifed harpoons imagine what they said if we told em we would actually order 36 F16 Block C/D

:pakistan::pakistan:
So by , using smaller numbers over years we actually do get MORE PLANES then buyng it lump sum

The announcement over the 36 J10B is just temporary , we will not get the planes till 2014 so no harm in .. saying we postponed it till test finished , but even in our origional plans we were not expecting these planes till 2015 ...so 2010,2011,2012 was for testing anyways so - it gives a false impression to Indians we will not get it ...

So they won't make a fuss about our extra 18 F16 C/D blocks :P nice strategy

they are your enemy so they have to create fuss by your post it seems you start taking indian seriously we will do what we need to do
If we had money we would have ordered 36 or 72 totally agree with iceman
and what make you soo sure that this time around american will not stop sales when they leave Afghanistan or pakistan can
built own amraam sidwinders and engines for these f 16 or we have to wait for 20 years be rational please :pakistan:
For you info Jf 17 are on credit

they are your enemy so they have to create fuss by your post it seems you start taking indian seriously we will do what we need to do
If we had money we would have ordered 36 or 72 totally agree with iceman
and what make you soo sure that this time around american will not stop sales when they leave Afghanistan or pakistan can
built own amraam sidwinders and engines for these f 16 or we have to wait for 20 years be rational please :pakistan:
For you info Jf 17 are on credit

Thats why we are getting the F16 C/D before they leave max number of planes before they exit Afganistan GET IT

If we just could get our Hands on Block 60.

Ahhhh.Failed Foreign Policy and Shortage of Cash.

IMO:

Just because J-10B is not coming anytime soon we should have more Vipers .

By 2015 what we at least should have is.

40 + 15 + 36 = 91 Vipers.

300 JF-17 (All 3 Blocks)

150 FC/20's.

Almost 550 air crafts with a mix of 4th and 4.5 Generation fighters both western and Chinese along with AWACS and Refulers are enough for our Defense Till the year 2025.

550 is the limit that our air force can effectively operate .

Thanks

Who will buy this junk my friend and for how much????

For your info these new babies are not junk.
Reliable or not but if we can get more of them from america we should get it. Although the delivery timeframe annoys me a bit.
If we say we have the cash and we will buy 18 more only if delivered in 2 years from the date the contract is signed.I am sure Obama will definately look into this remember how many of his people will get employment for two more years if we go ahead with these planes.
I am not a strategist but I have my tust in our top brass they will surely know what they are doing. And they will only do what is best for pakistan.
Although humans are prone to error.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom