What's new

Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir grabs world’s attention

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
KARACHI: Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir has grabbed the attention of visitors at the IDEAS 2014 at the Expo Centre Karachi.

Pakistan Air Force’s Zubair Iqbal Malik said the bomb had the capacity to hit accurately its target within only seven seconds. It can be launched from a fighter aircraft.

As soon as it is launched its wings appear and dodging the hurdles in its way it hits the target with 250 kg explosive material. It has a range of 80 to 100 kilometers.

Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir grabs world’s attention | The News Tribe

Pakistani+GIDS+TAKBIR+Series+Satellite+Aided+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+Family+Joint+Direct+Attack+Munition+Extended+Range+(JDAM-ER.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir has grabbed the attention of visitors at the IDEAS 2014 at the Expo Centre Karachi.

Pakistan Air Force’s Zubair Iqbal Malik said the bomb had the capacity to hit accurately its target within only seven seconds. It can be launched from a fighter aircraft.

As soon as it is launched its wings appear and dodging the hurdles in its way it hits the target with 250 kg explosive material. It has a range of 80 to 100 kilometers.

Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir grabs world’s attention | The News Tribe

i dont know about 'world's' but certainly at IDEAS.

does Takbir mean "Glorify god" and you say Allah Akbar a few times?? :undecided:

is this indigenous or is Pakistan producing Chinese PGBs??

It is a glide kit, but I don't see any large moving parts needed to steer the bomb towards the target to make it a smart bomb.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Also 7 second time for 80-120 km does not fit a bomb.

does Takbir mean "Glorify god" and you say Allah Akbar a few times?? :undecided:

Yes. "Allah Akbar" means God is greatest in Arabic. But in Pakistan the Urdu word "Takbir" is like a battle cry of sorts. People use it on many occasions, not limited to war/aggression like situations.

Yes. "Allah Akbar" means God is greatest in Arabic. But in Pakistan the Urdu word "Takbir" is like a battle cry of sorts. People use it on many occasions, not limited to war/aggression like situations.
takbir also means destiny right?

Not sure bro. Takbir, Akbar, Takkabur etc come from same root word, but maybe Takbir has some other meanings too.
i know for sure takbir also means destiny

Back
Top Bottom