What's new

Pakistan jumps into action fearing ‘polio’ travel ban

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has spun into action fearing WHO restrictions on passengers travelling abroad without poliovirus inoculation certification, Samaa reported.

According to sources, Ministry of Health has called an “emergency” meeting next week to chalk out a plan to head off a poliovirus vaccination related international travel ban.

World Health Organization (WHO), after a recently held meeting, had said that following several days of closed-door discussions, it would decide whether to declare the new spread of polio a "public health emergency of international concern" that could require measures such as travel restrictions.

The UN agency’s International Health Regulations’ (IHR) Emergency Committee has already warned Pakistan over its failure to completely check the spread of virus as more and more cases were being reported from across the country every day.

The sources in the national health department told Samaa that the ministry had decided to make 'polio immunization certificate' mandatory before international travel.

Moreover, special counters will be set up at all the airports in this regard.

Polio, a crippling and potentially fatal viral disease that mainly affects children under the age of five, has come close to being beaten as the result of a 25-year effort.

The number of recorded cases worldwide has fallen from 350,000 in 1988 to 406 in 2013, according to WHO data. Polio is currently endemic in three countries, Afghanistan, Nigeria and Pakistan, down from 125 in 1988.

"However, wild poliovirus continues to spread internationally from both endemic and re-infected countries," the WHO said.

"Between January and April 2014, in what is usually the low season for poliovirus transmission, three new international wild poliovirus importation events have been detected, one each in Asia (Pakistan to Afghanistan), the Middle East (Syria to Iraq) and central Africa (Cameroon to Equatorial Guinea)."

Pakistan jumps into action fearing ‘polio’ travel ban

Stupid talibans! Hope they dont have their hands on the virus and that is why resisting the vaccine to others... Idiots!

bare jaldi is Health organization ko yaad aya hey meeting karna...

So we will hear more denials that there is anything like polio in pakistan.

Instead of opening another Thread I'll post it here....

Increasing polio cases: WHO slaps travel restrictions on Pakistan

Source: Polio cases: WHO slaps travel restrictions on Pakistan - Home - DAWN.COM

KARACHI: The World Health on Monday slapped strict travel restrictions on Pakistan due to the rising number of polio cases in the country.

The public health arm of the United Nations, issuing its new guidelines to fight the disease, has now made it mandatory for Pakistanis to travel with a polio vaccination certificate.

Pakistani citizens will not be allowed to travel abroad without the document certifying that they have been vaccinated for the virus.

Pakistan is one of only three countries where the crippling virus is endemic. The other two countries where polio is still endemic are Nigeria and Afghanistan.

Experts discussed various measures to curtail the spread of the virus in a four-day long convention in Geneva organised by the WHO.

According to a report issued at the convention, the virus is now seen to be spreading even in countries where it was previously said to have been eradicated.

The virus, which spreads by attacking and permanently crippling infants and children, can only be controlled through vaccination.

Pakistan is one of only three countries where the crippling virus is endemic.

@Talon Latest News...

@Pak-one According to WHO polio came from afghanistan to Pakistan in the declaration...I read on tv. Are you not convinced?

Last edited:
Instead of opening another Thread I'll post it here....

Increasing polio cases: WHO slaps travel restrictions on Pakistan

Source: Polio cases: WHO slaps travel restrictions on Pakistan - Home - DAWN.COM

KARACHI: The World Health on Monday slapped strict travel restrictions on Pakistan due to the rising number of polio cases in the country.

The public health arm of the United Nations, issuing its new guidelines to fight the disease, has now made it mandatory for Pakistanis to travel with a polio vaccination certificate.

Pakistani citizens will not be allowed to travel abroad without the document certifying that they have been vaccinated for the virus.

Pakistan is one of only three countries where the crippling virus is endemic. The other two countries where polio is still endemic are Nigeria and Afghanistan.

Experts discussed various measures to curtail the spread of the virus in a four-day long convention in Geneva organised by the WHO.

According to a report issued at the convention, the virus is now seen to be spreading even in countries where it was previously said to have been eradicated.

The virus, which spreads by attacking and permanently crippling infants and children, can only be controlled through vaccination.

Pakistan is one of only three countries where the crippling virus is endemic.

@Talon Latest News...

@Pak-one According to WHO polio came from afghanistan to Pakistan in the declaration. Are you not convinced?

Damn! thank God I already have the necessary visa in my passport! :undecided:

Why dont they make the vaccine in gas phase or something that will be absorbed through the skin and just spray those areas...Man these idiots dont wanna drink it we will spray it on you or release gas bombs with the vaccine to cure you :unsure:

I am a genius need to pass this idea to WHO...who has contacts?

Damn! thank God I already have the necessary visa in my passport! :undecided:

Why dont they make the vaccine in gas phase or something that will be absorbed through the skin and just spray those areas...Man these idiots dont wanna drink it we will spray it on you or release gas bombs with the vaccine to cure you :unsure:

I am a genius need to pass this idea to WHO...who has contacts?

All thanks to musharraf & zardari up till 2001 polio was eradicated, now we can twist by saying its bio terrorism and what not but reality these two governments clearly have done not enough when the first case was reported mush team should have become active. I think the only remedy is vaccination that keep a person safe for full one year...anyway I am not gong to take vaccination/certificate maybe i'll travel on Canadian Passport, lets see.

Don't pass this idea WHO would advise US to bomb the gas out of Pakistan lolz.:laugh:

kindly suggest it to those freako Mullah who think it will make them impotent if they take the drops!

This could be one of the reason why they created the fuss in the first place ! the whacko mullah's wants sharia primarily for their love of islamic sharia compliant halal dosh

This could be one of the reason why they created the fuss in the first place ! the whacko mullah's wants sharia primarily for their love of islamic sharia compliant halal dosh
Love for Shariah does not make your world backward...Islam doesnt say do not seek a cure for your disease and rot with it!

All thanks to musharraf & zardari up till 2001 polio was eradicated, now we can twist by saying its bio terrorism and what not but reality these two governments clearly have done not enough when the first case was reported mush team should have become active. I think the only remedy is vaccination that keep a person safe for full one year...anyway I am not gong to take vaccination/certificate maybe i'll travel on Canadian Passport, lets see.

Don't pass this idea WHO would advise US to bomb the gas out of Pakistan lolz.:laugh:
:ashamed: Not that kinda gas...just meant airborne virus hotay hain why not airborne vaccine? Just an idea....need to find someone crazy enough to try :woot:

Love for Shariah does not make your world backward...Islam doesnt say do not seek a cure for your disease and rot with it!

well than to start with one should apply sharia to every thing it in their personal lives if they wish to , state and shariah cannot go together theere is a conflict of interest between both worlds.

polio vaccine is free , so will you will earn zero apart from hatred of local mullahs!

o bhai tu kaun si duniya main rehta hai suna nahi - free main tu goli bhi nahi milti

kindly suggest it to those freako Mullah who think it will make them impotent if they take the drops!

More than mulla it i has to do with current security situation. the polio workers are shot dead by vested elements

More than mulla it i has to do with current security situation. the polio workers are shot dead by vested elements
What are these Vested elements and what makes them fearful of some free drops? mix it with their naswar! :unsure:

well than to start with one should apply sharia to every thing it in their personal lives if they wish to , state and shariah cannot go together theere is a conflict of interest between both worlds.

1stly not the thread to drag shariah in unnecessarily to get brownie points!

2ndly, what conflict of interest the only conflict I hear is people's disappointment abut not being allowed to actively participate in adultery! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom