What's new

Pakistan, India Engaged in Race to Field Fifth Generation Stealth Fighters

Probably the most sensible post inn the thread .

Get the second batch of block 52, that USA offered you then work on thunders block two.

Revisit the fifth generation option in post 2021

I don't think we need to Buy more block 52's anymore , reasons are strings attached , huge amount of money etc ...
US will never give you AESA .. so i rather suggest get more used one's MLU'd them , just for the Stop Gap. . upgrade all JF's to block 3 Standards ASAP and put some funds in buying more HQ-16's and HQ-9 ... Mirage and F-7PG's are still quite potent within your own Air Space ..

J31 will be coming sooner than lots of people anticipate here ... things will be interesting once Indians start to get their Rafale's ..

Because TFX Project on the papers concept level but J-20 is early available option.
No bro not until atleast 2023 to 2025 and not to forget currently there is a export ban on J-20 just like US F-22

LOL Was about to say the same thing.

J-31 will be our first 5th gen acquisition. I think we will join Turkish program in the future, but that is just my guess.
If we go for the J-31, there better be some level of ToT/Local production involved. And also some level of customizability (Use of Russian Engines/European Avionics).

I'm not convinced that Pakistan has the means to buy and operate any fifth generation fighter .

In fact I'm not convinced they could buy even the euro canard s either.

I feel the huge financial constraints are demonstrated by Pakistan s desire to look for second used fighters globally..

No air force in the world does this other than Pakistan..
The only time Pakistan has acquired brand new state of the art fighters in last thirty years was the single Sqn if 18 block52 which was part funded by USA congress.

This talk if buying j31,. and j20. and joining a tfx project is nonsense .

Yes you will evaluate you will ask you will desire a fifth generation fighter but it has to be low cost and part finianced

That means j31;with funding support and for that you wait for seven to ten years.

Pakistanis will shout and scream at me wish to hang me too but it's just how I see things.

Your GDP and military budget does not match your ambition or options.

Thankfully you have China

And, also Turkey. Only in 2002 the Turkish economy went for liquidation, and was on the verge of bankruptcy. The state didn't have money to pay the employees. Now, funds are ready for the fifth generation fighter, and numerous other projects. As for the financial side of Pak's participation, the bills were more than "fully paid" by the subcontinent's Muslims long time back...

Last edited by a moderator:
India is not in a race with anyone for fielding any aircraft.

You're probably correct in saying this. India is just in a race with illegal Zionist state of Israel to see who can kill more innocent civilians in Occupied Kashmir and Occupied Palestine :sniper:

But air-frame still too old

If you don't know the history of JF-17 than research it than talk:hitwall::blah: JF-17 was the first Chinese jet to use DSI, J-10B flew years from the First Flight of DSI equipped JF-17:blah::blah:
no sir its not its a cranked compound delta wing design with 45% of its total weight in carbon composites and more than 95% in skin area (carbon composites make air frame lighter and more felxible yet strong and fatiuge & maintainece free plus redeate back a much lesser electromagnatic radiations fromradars than all metal air frames )

and DSI alone cant make anything when your engine is smokey and feul guzzling we knew this property of RD93 as we were using it/its versions since late 1980s in mig29

but LCA too has Y duct which is a free flow kind of air intake and completelly hides engine or its blades from radar

but even then LCA is already in for a MLU makeover with new cenralised next gen DATABUS and new AESA based radar and combined avionics and EW+ECM+Jammer suites and new cockpit layout and a new 98KN engine

so do not worry we are not going to abandon LCA project and LCA is going to replace Mig21s and Mig27s of IAF

I don't think we need to Buy more block 52's anymore , reasons are strings attached , huge amount of money etc ...
US will never give you AESA .. so i rather suggest get more used one's MLU'd them , just for the Stop Gap. . upgrade all JF's to block 3 Standards ASAP and put some funds in buying more HQ-16's and HQ-9 ... Mirage and F-7PG's are still quite potent within your own Air Space ..

J31 will be coming sooner than lots of people anticipate here ... things will be interesting once Indians start to get their Rafale's ..
well keep dreaming my friend but what if i told you EL-2052 has a major US components in it and it was cleared to india only after US nod

and with F16 Blk70/72 AN/APG-83 (GaN version) is coming and there is nothing your nation can do about it as USA itself is offering us and F35 will come as and when its avilable while Rafale also has a GaN based AESA so will the LCA MK1A with Israeli EL2052 and the new AESA for super sukhoi now rumoured is also a GaN based AESA while we are already building owr own GaA based AESA radar so dont worry that part is already coverred and no nation has any problem with sharing there technology just keep watching this space ,,... cheers mate :coffee:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom