What's new

Pakistan, India, China, and USA: The Most Geographically Diverse Countries?

In India you can visit the places where temperature varies from +50 °C to −45 °C (−49 °F).

Posting some pics...

DSC_0233.jpg

-

029e7606e38886061e773ffc89b580cd.jpg

-

250px-Cherrapunji.jpg

rolling-grasslands-of-cherrapunji.jpg

-

IMG_6115.JPG

kanha_extension-istock-ricardo-reitmeyer-9930970-pano.jpg

Jungles of India

No offence but given your logic so many countries can be included in the list (Ex:Iran, Chile, Brazil, Turkey, Russia, Australia etc.).

This is Sri Lanka with just a landmass of 65,610 km². Also bear in mind that Sri Lanka is famous for its geographical diversity and biodiversity.

Rain forest in southern province:

sri_lanka_dawn_sinharaja_pathan_oya_falls.jpg

Nuwara Eliya in central Sri Lanka (also known as little England):

nuwaraeliya.jpg

Dunsiane_waterfall,_Pundaluoya,_near_Nuwara-Eliya,_Sri_Lanka.jpg

Horton Plains

77b03a.jpg

Ohiya%20Horton%20Plains%20road-06.jpg

Beach in Eastern Province:

nila01.jpg

4868531249_2813e0edd7_b.jpg

Yala national park in southeast:

wild_elephants_yala.jpg

Northern Sri Lanka

safe_image.php

Blue whale colony Sri Lanka

Last edited by a moderator:
@Azizam,
Gorgeous pictures from a truly diverse country.
Well, my criteria are arbitrary but really in the four countries (USA, Pakistan, China, and India) you could be swimming in tropical sizzling beaches in mid-summer and then drive off to some of the harshest cold weather places where you can die of hypothermia if you climb up to the high peaks. I have read of the Chilean highlands but even they are not that harsh.

Having said that, inch for inch, Sri Lanka is perhaps the most diverse country in the world.

May be 'diverse' is not the right term; it may be extremes of geography and climate to single out the 4 countries.

@Azizam,
Gorgeous pictures from a truly diverse country.
Well, my criteria are arbitrary but really in the four countries (USA, Pakistan, China, and India) you could be swimming in tropical sizzling beaches in mid-summer and then drive off to some of the harshest cold weather places where you can die of hypothermia if you climb up to the high peaks. I have read of the Chilean highlands but even they are not that harsh.

Having said that, inch for inch, Sri Lanka is perhaps the most diverse country in the world.

May be 'diverse' is not the right term; it may be extremes of geography and climate to single out the 4 countries.

Oh my bad then I didn't get the point of the thread. I apologize.

Reportedly, the Asiatic Cheetah still roams in Pakistan. There were some dead carcasses found in Balochistan recently. A small group lives on the Pakistan-Iran border.

Well, if you don't cut it off at 20,000 ft then all you'll have are Pakistan, Nepal, India, China and Bhutan to choose from. Mt. McKinley barely passes that mark and Aconcagua, at 22,837.3 ft, is the highest mountain outside of these countries.

One of the things that I immensely love about Pakistan is that it takes you from one of the lowest laying areas and throws you on top of the highest points in the world. And the journey in between shows you everything that you can imagine.

I saw one few years back when i was on a hunting trip.. in the suleiman mountains...

Are you sure? Because if so then you had the whole universe aligned for you that day.

Yes sir... but unfortunately i couldnt take the pic... i was also surprised... as i had heard alot of stories abt leopards attacking kochi peoples sheep etc..

Back
Top Bottom