What's new

Pakistan in talks with Saudi Arabia to send combat troops to protect the kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i have seen some of their Ambush videos ... but thing is you are talking about Air Cover, who will provide that ? Pakistan is not sending its own Defense Network to Protect its own soldiers .. take this example that when US and Russia send their Troops to be stationed in another country, the move a whole lot of Equipment to make sure their Troops have everything they need if they come under attack..If PA is moving a Battalion than it would be best to move some Air assets along with Drones and Short range Missile defense systems ..
battalion is not a small number of troops , we are risking a lot of of soldiers in open risk , plus Houthi's have and they will attack Saudi Southern Border again as they did in Past .

Saudi Apaches, F-15's and whatever air assets they have at their disposal. They are brand new, Cash and maintenance is not a problem for saudis, so they are readily available unlike our F-16's or Cobras or C-130 aerial reconnaissance. Recent Seal-6 raid in yemen was provided air cover by UAE apaches. US and russian example is not appropriate because they have the means and material to support their troops. Why Pakistan movie its inferior air assets from FATA to saudia.? So the expenditures and aerial support would be expected from Saudia.

Read this account.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/defending-dandi-katch-checkpost-in-n-waziristan.397762/

Our soldiers fought whole night defending checkpost without air cover. Why do you think we took 3-4 dozen casualties on Kidney ridge in Khyber-2 ? Accuracy of our own platforms

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

SANG has SAAB erieye as well. It will be SANG who most probably will liaise with Pakistan contingent. This time technology would be on Pakistani side. They will dictate the terms through Apaches and F-15's.

Last edited:
A dangerous move to risk ones own soldiers for others war.
risk ??? my friend you go and tell your soilders about risks of wars, we are born with this calculation

and in this deal, life or death both are in our favor.

Maybe Mastan bhai but I am talking realistic, you are not .. what you are saying is just fantasies decorated with Fancy words nothing more ..we both are here to see how things turn out, and eventually we will see ..

as been a beroozgaar Aadmi after finishing my second MBA , i am spending Hours and hours on two things Job search and Learning more about WAR and Geopolitics .. so i not that bad :P

you are stuck in History , there was time when Americans comes to Pakistan with ease , now they don't ... so as i say in very simple words, I can bet that No Saudi Fighter Aircraft will be stationed in Pakistan, specially F-15SE , either you like it or not its not happening Sir .. you can even Ask SIRI if you want :D

Permission is one thing, and US will give it why not ? whats they have to lose ? in fact their Weapon industry is making billions with these Civil war in ME .. Arab may not have money to feed his kids but they always find Ak-47 , Material for IED's and Suicide Jackets ... and brand new weapon systems to kill each other :)

Hi,

You are still missing the point---. My post was in context to the situation of 2 years ago---the uncertainty---the fear---the threat---the exposure---.

Your post is for the current situation---. Well things have changed---the fear has dissipated---since then---so what was possible then is not possible now---at that time there was a lots of panic and duress---. You do strange things in panic and duress---.

And there was no stoppage and there is no stoppage if the GCC choses to deploy its aircraft to help Paf in strikes against taliban in fata.

There is NO end user agreement how the aircraft could be used in operation---the only agreement is that it would be deployed at secure location.

My comments were based on---if pak military deployed 50000 troops to GCC---that would leave a massive void in its defenses---how would that void be filled---ask the GCC to deploy 1 sqdrn each of their aircraft in lieu of the troops being sent to protect them---easy peasy.

there are more than one side to this step,

first is the safety of the holy mosques

then regional peace

then comes our relationship with Iran,

the thing is we need to take a side now or later, until now its balance but soon balance will be lost and we will be forced to chose a side

our next move totally depends on how Iran is going to react. wait and see.

Hi,

The inside news is---that General Raheel is not looked at very favorably by the pak military officers---. What you see on the surface is not the truth.

And why is it so? Whatever decision was made 2 yrs ago, regd Yemen..must not have been an individual decision of Gen Raheel Sharif, but a collective one, of the military.. If tht decision was wrong..its a collective failure then..

And if what u say is right.tht Gen Raheel is not much respected...then why are they sending a general, they dont respect... to lead IMAFT? And not some other ?

Sir ji , Its business point of view. Otherwise Pak will rent its F16 to SriLanka for night operations and make some money. In such type of scenario, its not only breach of contract, its also hurt the business of big ticket item manufacturer. It's law and part of US foreign policy, before moving any plane or US product from one base to another or strategic deployment or overseas deployment, this movement will be shadowed by US govt or liability on manufacturer, under US law to inform the US govt if any breach has been noted. Whatever people say, Pakistan can t use KSA F15s in case of any stand off. During 65 war Iran provide it's whole fleet of F86 by the approval of US govt under SCENTO treaty/ US Congress.
Sir ji one more , PAF can't move the F16 C/D from one place to another without notifying fleet observers.

Hi,

The operators would not be Paf pilots---they would still be GCC pilots---. If an alliance is created---then threat to one nation is threat to another nation.

The GCC had full backing of the americans 2 years ago get Pakistan involved---. GCC did not move without first getting the nod---.

It is not the same scenario of 1965 / Iran---. The 65 war was against the wishes of the U S---. This time the U S is also at war in the region---a new flank has opened up---and an ally is being asked to deploy---.

The ally can ask / demand what their needs are to engage---.

I'm of the understanding that fighter systems can be remotely disabled. Especially for out of the box products like GCC use.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the chance of GCC planes working against Israel practically zero!

Hi,

Absolutely not---. They will work 100% against Israel---if the GCC choses it to---.

The only thing that will stop it are the assurances of the GCC---otherwise---weapons will do the job they are designed for.

Pakistan is a great country we should send our troops there because if we didn't the possible draw backs are strengthning of India there and we would be able to send our secret services under cover of this force to monitor terrorist funding organizations the possible disadvantage of involvement in sectarian war but yet there is a hope if our army goes there then our point of view will have importance we can avail many advantages from any country if we have our forces there

And why is it so? Whatever decision was made 2 yrs ago, regd Yemen..must not have been an individual decision of Gen Raheel Sharif, but a collective one, of the military.. If tht decision was wrong..its a collective failure then..

And if what u say is right.tht Gen Raheel is not much respected...then why are they sending a general, they dont respect... to lead IMAFT? And not some other ?

Hi,

It was for other things and missed opportunities that he did not do and not the yemen part alone---.

Ultimate decision of not going to Yemen was his---.

risk ??? my friend you go and tell your soldiers about risks of wars, we are born with this calculation

and in this deal, life or death both are in our favor.

Really, and how is dying as a mercenary in once favor?

My only concern from this arrangement is, that what if a third party try to harm Pakistani personal while being deployed there and the snowball effect it would have at home. I am certain that third parties like America, Israel and India would try to bring causalities to Pakistani deployment and then at home there is no doubt will be calls for revenge, and then you have a situation where "defensive" posture, become a full fledged "offensive" one, and we find ourselves sucked in.

We need to tread very carefully here. Its a catch-22 situation no doubt.

My only concern from this arrangement is, that what if a third party try to harm Pakistani personal while being deployed there and the snowball effect it would have at home. I am certain that third parties like America, Israel and India would try to bring causalities to Pakistani deployment and then at home there is no doubt will be calls for revenge, and then you have a situation where "defensive" posture, become a full fledged "offensive" one, and we find ourselves sucked in.

We need to tread very carefully here. Its a catch-22 situation no doubt.
There's a higher probability of Saudis doing it so that Pak Army will enter Yemen.:pop:

Take a deep breath and relax. You brought up India, so dont have an heart attack if one Indian show up here. Let the mods decide who can discuss and who can not. You are just a member just like me, so you can keep your threats for yourself. No need to act up, its only a discussion forum not a gali in you neighbourhood.

Again with comments about India? I thought you dont want to discuss india here?
Hey dumbass. This is Pakistani startergic affairs thread. Bring your country here and it is worse than insult. Read properly it says only Pakistani affairs. Not some other country!

here we go again. Let me rephrase that for you. Pimp our soldiers you mean. These are lives not Profit/Loss equation.

BTW is PA a burden on our Pak budget given your statements? just curious :D
See people are dying of poverty and job less. Rather than an international police , Uncle SAM, we should ourselves be solving these issues. And please refrain from saying disgusting words. When we send our army to UN are we doing what the word u used. Think before speaking. Are guards at banks and other people not human?

Pakistan don't kills muslims for money. GCC wants to go into Yemen do it themselves we will only defend the holy land. lol. Pay the money to the fat sheikhs and send them into kill other muslims.
Well said but what about UN adn peacekeeping missions. And at the end we are sending with a limited role. Shouldn't a muslim force defend and create peace in Syria. I am not saying be a gun for hire rather do peacekeeping missions.

Hey dumbass. This is Pakistani startergic affairs thread. Bring your country here and it is worse than insult. Read properly it says only Pakistani affairs. Not some other country!

Your are the one who brought India in this subject, more then once. Maybe you should control your obsession with India before calling others name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom