What's new

Pakistan in no mood to grant MFN status to India yet

Bad Guy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
There is no proposal under consideration to give India the Most Favoured Nation status, Pakistan Commerce Minister Khurram Dastgir Khan has said.
The Minister said this in the National Assembly on Friday while responding to a question.
He said the “existence of a negative list was a clear indication that the MFN status had not been given to India”, Dawn reported. Mr. Khan also said that since Modi government took over in 2014, no bilateral trade talks had taken place.
About non-tariff barriers, he said that these were dealt with on a case-to-case basis with India.
He said the positive list had been transformed into the negative list, adding that 150 Indian items were being imported through the Wagah border.
“There must be a debate in this House on
whether we want to link trade with security issues of Pakistan.” The Minister said that being a member of the World Trade Organisation, Pakistan raised its
security concerns at international forums when it came to trade with India.
India granted the MFN status to Pakistan in 1996 but Pakistan is yet to reciprocate.
Pakistan in no mood to grant MFN status to India yet

I am not an opponent to that but the economical wellbeing of our farmers comes first

I am not an opponent to that but the economical wellbeing of our farmers comes first
what do you think opening up for China Will do to Pakistan.
don't worry India cannot do anything more than what Chinese will do

The MFN status granted to Pakistan by India should be revoked immediately. Grant them this status only when they grant us the same. No need to go soft.
exactly.jpg

MFN issue is beaten to death. At one time India was very much interested in getting the MFN, now no more. Under Modi, in the last two year there were no talks on trade with Pakistan, says Modi is no more interested in trade with Pakistan

We don't need it 2nd it would help Pakistan more than india . We r growing interm of economy without them
It has no use of them as they have no companies or anything to export to us.
On the other hand, we can make an "I"PEC to get billions like China is doing.

Talking of the 'welbeing' of your farmers, check this out. A quantum jump in your imports from India.....

1391373666-0977.jpg

Pakistan has finalized the trade list for import of items from India. A total of 1,209 items out of 2000 have been banned from import by Pakistan. The decision has been finalized by the Pakistan Government to protect its domestic industry.

However, phasing out the negative items list is expected, which will positively grant the Most Favored Nation status to India

Back
Top Bottom