What's new

Pakistan imposing 'Jazia' on Sikhs for visiting Kartarpur Gurdwara, says BJP national secretary

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dubai: An Indian political leader from the Bharatiya Janata Party has said termed a $20 (Dh73) service fee on Indian pilgrims travelling to Gurdwara Darbar Sahib through the proposed Kartarpur corridor as "jazia" (a tax traditionally sought from non-Muslims).

On Saturday, Tarun Chugh, BJP national secretary and co-incharge of the party in the national capital, alleged that this is yet another attempt by Pakistan to scuttle the scheduled opening of the corridor between the two countries.
https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/ind...a-says-bjp-national-secretary-1.1568540676808

I believe when you visit a new country their is a small entry tax

Saudi Arabia collects tax when people go do Hajj or Umra standard practice

That reminds me....shouldn't kulbushan be paying some kind of additional jazya since we granted him consular access? All this paperwork costs money yknow.

who is going to pay for the manpower provided to serve their various needs? Pakistan?

crying about 20 dollars but same Sikhs do not mind paying 3 or even 4 times that to access/visit their sites within bharat (proofs available upon polite request)
It isnt the sikhs that are complaining.

Dubai: An Indian political leader from the Bharatiya Janata Party has said termed a $20 (Dh73) service fee on Indian pilgrims travelling to Gurdwara Darbar Sahib through the proposed Kartarpur corridor as "jazia" (a tax traditionally sought from non-Muslims).

On Saturday, Tarun Chugh, BJP national secretary and co-incharge of the party in the national capital, alleged that this is yet another attempt by Pakistan to scuttle the scheduled opening of the corridor between the two countries.
https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/ind...a-says-bjp-national-secretary-1.1568540676808
its nothing but an attempt of religious based propaganda to undermine Kartarpur corridor initiative

Last edited:
yes they are, I can name a few very prominent ones if you like. But then PDFers would start saying: ah but they don't matter because they are BJP bakhts or are saffronized or are a minority etc.
Thats fine i will believe you. I suspect 20$ should not be a problem for most regular sikhs. If some our poor as many in india are, they can apply for a waiver. Pakistanis are a poor but still hospitable people.

Were they expecting Pak to have high tea prepared for them? Do they think that they are doing us an "Ehsaan" by bringing their 'Tashreef' in Kartarpur?

Back
Top Bottom