What's new

Pakistan has decided to lift its coronavirus lockdown on May 9 (Saturday)

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan has decided to lift its coronavirus lockdown on May 9 (Saturday), announced PM Imran Khan on Thursday.

“We have decided to do this in phases because many people are facing a lot of difficulties and we cannot continue with it,” he said while speaking to the media after a meeting of the National Coordination Committee.

“We are a developing country and we can’t afford to keep the country shut for much longer,” he remarked. “Our exports have fallen. We already had limited funds and we spent it on people’s welfare. We can’t help all of those affected by the lockdown.”

The premier requested the nation to follow the SOPs put in place by the government. The police can’t make sure that everyone is following them so please act responsibly. “You have to work with the government”.

We have to be intelligent about lifting the lockdown. There is a danger that the number of coronavirus cases may spike so please follow the government’s instructions and help us overcome this, he added.

Sindh and Balochistan went into lockdown on March 23 while Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa followed suit a day later

95589272_2710287615765586_5307511973540265984_n.jpg

i have some confusion about the pattern of two holidays in week i mean is it saturday sunday or some other day

Gud move people has to be responsible as long lock downs are not possible even worst hit countries where daily deaths are higher are also opening up.

I don't understand one stupidity of not opening malls, I think malls can control and follow sops better then small shops and markets.

I urge the information ministry to use all media available to keep reminding people about the SOP's.

Also a detailed phased approach should be provided through a proper press conference. PPE manufacturing should be given incentives and shift work SOPs should be given by the government.

There seems to be confusion regarding this for even those who follow government recommendations diligently.

i have some confusion about the pattern of two holidays in week i mean is it saturday sunday or some other day
Saturday and Sunday. Rest only in weekdays (Mon to Fri) only allowed to open and timings i think are from Sehri till 5pm..
Gud move people has to be responsible as long lock downs are not possible even worst hit countries where daily deaths are higher are also opening up.

I don't understand one stupidity of not opening malls, I think malls can control and follow sops better then small shops and markets.
This true though & i was also thinking.... Malls etc are more equipped. However in Pakistan the problem is implementation and following rules. Nor will the people do enough nor there will be somebody to keep a check on them. Sindh Govt. for example will only care about pressuring these shop owners and mall people to give them money and only then they will allow them to open and then they will be free with no enforcement of rules and SOPS being checked until obviously the Sindh govt. comes back to do more blackmailing on name of rules implementation to get out more money..

Govt Cancels All Board Exams & Announces New Marking System

The federal government has announced to cancel all examinations of secondary and higher secondary classes, due to the fear of coronavirus.

Federal Minister for Education, Shafqat Mehmood, announced this in a joint press conference with the federal cabinet in the presence of Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday.

Mehmood said that for the government, the health and safety of students and honorable teachers is the priority. It cannot take any decision which puts their lives in danger.

It was, therefore, decided to cancel examinations for 9th, matric, first-year, and second-year students for the educational year 2019-20. All students will be promoted to the next classes based on average marking system keeping their past performances in view.

He further announced that educational institutions across the country will remain closed till July 15. As per the previous decision, schools were supposed to reopen on June 1, but some provinces were reluctant to open schools this early as the coronavirus case curve is steeply rising upwards.

He said that it was a mutual decision taken during a video conferencing with all provincial education ministers

Those countries are forcing their employs into working under hazardous situation, for instance amazon etc, it only shows the government utterly failed in curbing the disease and putting restrictions. Pakistan which is already a failed state with a failed/flop govt just utterly failed to implement lockdown and now its trying to open up when the death toll is just climbing up.

regards

People not wearing masks. After huge advetisement, press conferences etc. People just cant buy 50 rupees mask.

People not wearing masks. After huge advetisement, press conferences etc. People just cant buy 50 rupees mask.

there is a psychological reason for it not just monetary

Population has to be controlled someway. Government must be happy, poverty and population will reduce.

the central air conditioning system in the malls may lead to thousands gettting infected even if they follow other SOPs.

Back
Top Bottom