What's new

Pakistan has 90 Nuclear Warheads (2009) according to UK media

Sure. Lets get back to the topic.
Nuclear war won't happen. It is like suicide mission. Pakistan can use one time only. After it uses it won't be there. Pakistan knows about it.

If it is not the case why pakistan is buying F-16, ships and other military equipments.

Its a mistake on part of India that Pakistan will let a war get lost but would not exercise its Nuclear Weapons which are made for the single purpose of fighting and winning wars. This is where your cold-start become lame and flawed that it presumes America would stop Pakistan or Pakistan would fear of extinction and would not use Nuclear Weapons. If USA could have stopped Pakistan, it would have done so on 28th May 1999 when Pakistan turned down 5 direct calls from American President and tested weapons what this country needed. Regarding fear of extinction, Muslims love to die specially in Wars as this is the most rewarding death a person can embrace. Being a soldier you would know what this means to a soldier.

And just to give you some material to think on, we are making Iran-Pakistan-China gas pipeline project which India backed out under American Pressure But we are continuing to develop that, turning down American pressure on this issue. If you think Pakistan would restrain using Nuclear Weapons when it is in war because of that disgraced America, then dream on. As a result of waged war upon Paksitan, we both would die and when we would meet in the Alam-e-Arwah, I would ask you "Sunao Sardar Jee.. twano keya si na.. :D"

Last edited:
Its a mistake on part of India that Pakistan will let a war get lost but would not exercise its Nuclear Weapons which are made for the single purpose of fighting and winning wars. This is where your cold-start become lame and flawed that it presumes America would stop Pakistan or Pakistan would fear of extinction and would not use Nuclear Weapons. If USA could have stopped Pakistan, it would have done so on 28th May 1999 when Pakistan turned down 5 direct calls from American President and tested weapons what this country needed. Regarding fear of extinction, Muslims love to die specially in Wars as this is the most rewarding death a person can embrace. Being a soldier you would know what this means to a soldier.

And just to give you some material to think on, we are making Iran-Pakistan-China gas pipeline project which India backed out under American Pressure But we are continuing to develop that, turning down American pressure on this issue. If you think Pakistan would restrain using Nuclear Weapons when it is in war because of that disgraced America, then dream on. As a result of waged war upon Paksitan, we both would die and when we would meet in the Alam-e-Arwah, I would ask you "Sunao Sardar Jee.. twano keya si na.. :D"

Going nuclear on other country who has nuclear weapons. It is like suicide mission.

Do you know when person suicides I mean under what circumstance? If entire pakistan is ready for suicide then it is possible.

The biggest problem for pakistan is it does not know when to hit nuclear button. It can't say I will hit for pretty things. If it starts saying like that then it will join in the club of Iraq, Iran and afghanistan.

Last edited:
This is what I have been trying to tell you that its Pakistan's sense of insecurity and fear of loosing a conventional war that we have more nukes. It is the fear, the sense of insecurity that has made us build more nuclear weapons than India and the similar conventional gap exists between Russia and USA and which is Russia's reason of having more nuclear weans. Regarding conventional weapon scenario, let me address in the second part.

You and I both agree that there is a conventional superiority(atleast on paper) that India have over Pakistan..However what i am saying is that even with your current arsenal India will not dare to attack you.... Let me be more candid.....We would not like to loose mumbai even if we manage to take over whole of Pakistan...same is true for you....You would not like to loose Karachi for whole of India....because the cost paid to wipe your enemy is too much to bear....You having more nuclear weapons can only deter India from launching a first nuclear strike on you which is true even with 100 weapons...so IMO in my mind more nuclear weapons may give your establishment more sense of security but practically they will not make any difference....Your current arsenal is enough to take care of India launching a full fledge war on you....

Pakistan is not at parity with India on conventional defense capability. Do we agree?
Yes we do....

Having less chances to win a conventional war, we are least likely to wage a war upon India.
No not really....You did wage a war i.e. Kargil...In other words limited conflict under nuclear umbrella....

Regarding Kargil, do you realize how close both the countries were from utilizing their nuclear weapons upon each other?

Not sure IMO because the general whose video you just shared in response to Karan's post himself said that Pakistan was not in a position to launch nuclear weapon at that time...Secondly launching vs mobillizing missiles is different though a very risky proposition...If indeed those reports were true and Mushi must have lost his nuts and bolts...Really one can't do much if premier of one's country(India or Pak) has lost it...

Why have you presumed that in the next conventional war, both the countries will settle the matters like they did in Kargil or any country will let the other country win the war and would not use Nukes because that is being fought with conventional ammunition?

IMO i am not assuming anything....What i am saying is that unless and until nuclear threshold is not reached Pak or India are not going to use nuclear weapons..Give me this much buddy...there is a difference between Countries and Terrorists...Now all i am saying is that even if you have 200 nukes against lets say India's 80(though it can't be true) yet your worries about conventional weapon's will not go....Let me give you a hypothetical scenario....

Just assume India's claims about AAD and PAD are correct and we have a fool proof BMD system....In such a scenario if India chose to go for surgical strikes on terrorist camps in *** in retaliation to yet another terrorist attack in India what do you think your establishment will do???

- Nuke India??? - One has to be nuts to use nukes over this....
- Ensure that such a disparity never occurs and thus mass produce more BM,CM to overwhelm india's BMD system...

There is no lairing in wars and no mile-stone which when crossed, the war will become Nuclear. Any future battle between India and Pakistan will nevertheless end up at Nuclear Conflict and India knows that pretty well and this was understanding on part of India that it refrained crossing the intentional border in 2001 and again on 26/11, even when it knows it has a conventional superiority over Pakistan.
There is no deny the fact that any future war b/w India and Pak which leads to existential threat of other will lead to nuclear conflict...The only other scenario would be if one party makes a wrong calculation and assume a conventional missile to be a nuclear one....As far as India reason for not attacking Pakistan is concerned then there are many reasons apart from Nukes

- Obviously there is a risk of escalation of conflict which can go nuclear.
- This will be a major setback to our ambitions to become economic superpower and all the hard work we have done will go away
- We are playing a catching game with China and any war would mean that game is over for good...

Now let me ask you a question....At the time of 2003 there was a common understanding that India has more nukes than Pakistan....We still did not choose to attack...Does that vindicate my stand that even your current arsenal is enough to deter any attack by India???? I am not going into history and asking when did India attack you because i know that at least in an average Pakistani mind this notion is there that India would attack...though they completely ignore that if India did not attack when Pakistan was weak(conventionally with no nukes) why the heck they would attack now when Pakistan is a nuclear country.....

I do not think Pakistan needs to match every Indian move or develop counter conventional potential for every potential India develops. BUT we need every mean that will make sure our Nukes get delivered and the Nuclear attack from our side is completed without any interception in the way.
I think you need both....As far as nukes are concerned you have enough but you definitely need to keep an edge on conventional front....For example you cannot let India field and F22 and think your f-16 is enough because you have nukes...I believe you are definitely ensuring both things...Another example would be India - China scenario....China have much bigger(Payload) nukes than us....Definitely more nukes than us...however what we are trying to do is to fill our conventional gaps because IMO believe it or not nukes are last option....they can never be first...

Last edited:
There is a good reason why entire world views pakistani nuclear arsenal differently.... because you seem too anxious to use it. With power comes responsibility. Have any other "nuclear armed" country flaunted the idea of using nuclear weapons in an event of conflict? While India is committed to no first use policy the same is not true for pakistan.

Just remember.. in case when the tragedy strikes and Pakistan decides to exercise its nuke option, it may manage to slide a couple of strikes in India (causing wide destruction).. but in retaliation a couple of nuclear strikes back will wipe entire pakistan off the face of earth (given the size of the country)..

So please think responsibly. Also, history notes that all previous conflicts were started by pakistan, not India.

dont worry we'll make sure nothing is left on the other side to strike back

dont worry we'll make sure nothing is left on the other side to strike back

If thats case you, pakistan would start demanding like

- Give all water otherwise we will nuke/wipe you out

- Give kasmir otherwise we will nuke/wipe you out

- Leave afghan otherwise we will nuke/wipe you out

Currently it does not have. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

:cheers:

Dangerous assumptions is all i can say....Here we talk about even a conventional BMD can be mistaken and thus start a nuclear war and you are saying that Pakistan nuke attack on India will go unpunished and we would have time to engage International Community to denuke Paksitan????

Buddy we will not wait for Pakistan nukes to cause devastation here before we launch ours....How would you know that they are going to attack only our Military installations??? How would they know that if they attack only our military installations then we will not retaliate and go for Diplomacy??? If there is a dire need for them to use nukes then there best bet would be to nuke every corner of india and hope our second strike ability if destroyed....Do i make sense???

Congrats on becoming the senior member :cheers:

See, my point is that Pakistan can not destroy the second strike capability of India.. NO matter what.. India is just too big a country size wise and identifying and taking out all locactions with Warheads is impossible. So Pakistan knows that the response is going to be devastating.

Its right that the mind set of the powers to be in Pakistan will drive what their response will be, but ask your self.. Pakistan will use the Nukes only if it is confident of loosing the war. At that time, what will be more important .. Survival or punishing India. No matter how jingoistic people get behind their keyboards, for a president, its a tough call signing a death warrent for millions of his population.

Secondly, we are assuming that the international community will let the war progress to a point where Pakistan's existence is under threat.. That has very littl to no probability of happeneing..

Because, first of all, Pakistan's armed forces are no push over.. Expectation that we will be able to march into the interiors of Pakistan is simply wishful thinking.

Also, India's objectives in any war with Pakistan are not going to be territory occupation (may be except in Kashmir). So the situation where Pakistan is getting over run has very little probability of happeneing and hence the Nuclear threshold has very little chance of getting crossed.

Your post is on the same "Das Qadam-Paksitan Khatam" philosophy and also on the basis of cold-start. BUT you are not thinking through the mind of Pakistan here. Did you try to read what did Musharaf said? This is what Paksitan and the people resonsible for controlling the war think. Try to understand and read what we plan and what is our reaction instead of expecting how we should react. It is laughable that you think of striking and winning a war over Pakistan and then you expect Pakistan will not retaliate thinking people would die. And regarding International Pressures, War only start when diplomacy fails and when diplomacy has already failed, how would it stop something? If Cold-Start was that easy, we must have seen something happening between Russia/America or China/India at least.

YouTube - Gen Musharraf exclusive interview with India today
I dont know where you got the idea of my post being on the lines of "Das Qadam-Paksitan Khatam" . As a matter of fact, I have said that the probability of India capturing Pakistani territory in large enough size is extremely low...

Also, countries are not run purely on patriotism.. The logic is simple

Pakistan will use Nukes only if it is getting over run and its existence is under threat because using nukes will result in large scale destruction of Pakistan..

The probability of above happeneing is extremely low

Even if India manages of capture large parts of Pakistan, the 1st attempt by Pakistan , if it starts to lose the war will be to enforce a cease fire..And to kill a few million civilians will not be way to do that for a nation loosing a war.. If Pakistan is not loosing the war, then the need for Nuclear response does not exist...

Congrats on becoming the senior member :cheers:

Thanks buddy...

See, my point is that Pakistan can not destroy the second strike capability of India.. NO matter what.. India is just too big a country size wise and identifying and taking out all locactions with Warheads is impossible. So Pakistan knows that the response is going to be devastating.

Its right that the mind set of the powers to be in Pakistan will drive what their response will be, but ask your self.. Pakistan will use the Nukes only if it is confident of loosing the war. At that time, what will be more important .. Survival or punishing India. No matter how jingoistic people get behind their keyboards, for a president, its a tough call signing a death warrent for millions of his population.

Secondly, we are assuming that the international community will let the war progress to a point where Pakistan's existence is under threat.. That has very littl to no probability of happeneing..

Because, first of all, Pakistan's armed forces are no push over.. Expectation that we will be able to march into the interiors of Pakistan is simply wishful thinking.

Also, India's objectives in any war with Pakistan are not going to be territory occupation (may be except in Kashmir). So the situation where Pakistan is getting over run has very little probability of happeneing and hence the Nuclear threshold has very little chance of getting crossed.

Boy...Either you misinterpreted my message or I misinterpreted yours.....because this is exactly what i am saying....Using nukes is no joke....and if for any reason any party choose to use it they would give the full blow hoping that they would cripple the retaliatory strike....because once this jinny is out of bottle there is no stopping to it...

and why you think it is too lame to discuss??

because there is little substance to prove otherwise, its nothing more than a stick measuring contest.

As far as nuclear deterrance is concerned both countries have it and nukes are probably the best thing that could have happened to this region. They are a detterent that have stopped both sides from going to full scale wars a number of times. The silly arguments that you guys have over who will survive a nuke attack or what not are nothing but child talk.

Thanks buddy...

Boy...Either you misinterpreted my message or I misinterpreted yours.....because this is exactly what i am saying....Using nukes is no joke....and if for any reason any party choose to use it they would give the full blow hoping that they would cripple the retaliatory strike....because once this jinny is out of bottle there is no stopping to it...

And thats exactly where I differ.. India or Pak do not have enough Nukes to raze each other to ground. Which means, the hope of crippling the retaliatory strike is not a possibility.. Thats why, the one initiating this strike will also have to plan an out.. And if civilian areas are targeted, that out can not exisit.

Back
Top Bottom