What's new

Pakistan goes to beg IMF.

Good way of looting by Pakistani polititions, instead of taxing richs n elites, taxing agri economy, they beg imf for loans.

What you're saying is in perspective of economic cycle smoothing. But Pakistan is trapped in debt-recession spiral on the contrary where debt swelling out of control, pushes economy into recession.

Not in the syllabus :P

Doesn't IMF make stringent demands from Pakistan for granting loans? such changes in economic policies etc?

The last time India seeked a bailout from IMF, the IMF demanded certain conditions to which India bowed, and consequences are decent economic growth in the next decade.

IMF again pushing for VAT/RGST. Mushi failed to implement, PPP failed to implement, Now PML-N's turn to flex her muscle.
1817.gif

You guys can thank Imran khans secret guru Zardari. If the govt puts taxes on people to repay the debt, you guys have a problem. If the govt seeks a bail out loan, you guys have a problem. Your leader imran khan has made you guys "Khabti". You guys have become mentally sick. Please come out of your rotten mentality and leave the negativity behind and lets move forward.
yup imran khan has problems with all of this but Mr Very much Shareef has only one problem..., taxing the poor and not taxing the rich..
go google it, 1%GSt, 5% withholding tax, high taxes on low class salaries (that was most ridiculous decision, so much that even ishaq dar had to say, sorry we increased taxes on low class salries but not the high!?)

Misleading title !

IMF is a bank, it's their business to lend money.

wrong, it doesnt lend u on high interst rates as other banks..
plus even banks doesnt lend people like us

what is the alternative?? even if they implement economic reforms,they won't reap the benefits just tomorrow
in such short term i.e before October probably non, if , however we can get oil on deferred payments from either iran or saudi arabia and be swift in some projects like 3g auction and some limbo hydro projects and other power projects, USA funds that are to be released and loans on hold from asian and world bank, we may get enough foreign exchange to survive..however that seem to be improbable.
had the previous govt simply shifted all oil power plants to coal imported one we wouldnt have been in such a limbo. oil imports and poor power system is only reason for negative balance.

Misleading title !

IMF is a bank, it's their business to lend money.

When you lend money to buy car or flat you are not a beggar...but when you lend money for basic need and to survive..you are a beggar :)

Not the fault of PML-N. They were put into terrible financial crisis period by PPP and IMF option had to be realized. Hopefully the money would be used in the right areas to get the economic growth rate moving positively and sooner than later, they pay the money back.

well they should have said it before election ... atleast we see the trailer of last government .. they said the same thing kazana kahli ha ...

so before it was KARZ UTARO MULK SAWARO ... now its KARZ CHARO MULK BACHO ,....

in such short term i.e before October probably non, if , however we can get oil on deferred payments from either iran or saudi arabia and be swift in some projects like 3g auction and some limbo hydro projects and other power projects, USA funds that are to be released and loans on hold from asian and world bank, we may get enough foreign exchange to survive..however that seem to be improbable.
had the previous govt simply shifted all oil power plants to coal imported one we wouldnt have been in such a limbo. oil imports and poor power system is only reason for negative balance.

Understand that Saudi Arabia politely declined our request for deferred payment on oil purchases.

Ha! how pathetic...
They said that we will take loan to them on our own terms.
and I don't trust him..a bunch of liars ruling us.

Ha! how pathetic...
They said that we will take loan to them on our own terms.
and I don't trust him..a bunch of liers ruling us.
bhai i expected u to be a little more mature,the thing is that the small folk love conspiracy theories,now or later we have to go to the IMF.the IMF expect us to make sound policies so we can have a stabilize economy ,a stabilize pakistan which can pay her debts .now if we make our economic policies in such a way which IMF thinks is effective enough so we can pay her back then it will not try to force its own policies .a country such as pakistan and n.korea are a threat to the whole world and to to themselves.now i'm not comparing pakistan wth n.korea but if we keep going like this then soon the world will see us just like them.

Understand that Saudi Arabia politely declined our request for deferred payment on oil purchases.
ofcourse thats why i said "if" and i even mentioned iran (from whom its absolutely zero chance, they would nt even sell us gas it an international rates infact they are over pricing us)

bhai i expected u to be a little more mature,the thing is that the small folk love conspiracy theories,now or later we have to go to the IMF.the IMF expect us to make sound policies so we can have a stabilize economy ,a stabilize pakistan which can pay her debts .a country such as pakistan and n.korea are a threat to the whole world and to to themselves.now i'm not comparing pakistan wth n.korea but if we keep going like this then soon the world will see us just like them.

Rampage,my point of view is,why that PML-N lied to us?just to get votes?why didn't they said this earlier?we all knew that PML-N will get loan,but the truth is,we were not ready to hear the truth since beginning..
No actually we want them to lie us...!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom