What's new

Pakistan getting New Zealand like population annually

One of my teachers said that the reason behind rapid population growth in Pak is that we don't have any entertainment.

Process of baby making is the BIGGEST entertainment.
Hope your teacher knows :D

THis is a quick search in wiki/Google
Farhan, I dont understand what exactly you are trying to do here. I am not talking about economic growth predictions. I am talking about population stats, the most notable of which is TFR.

A simple search would yield you:
All the figures are for 2012. I did not use 2013 as those are only estimates.

1. Pakistan TFR - 3.07
2. India TFR - 2.58
3. Bangladesh TFR - 2.55

Now if you all of them nearly the same, then god help you.

The Replacement level TFR is 2.1. At this level, the children replace the parents and population more or less stabilizes.
Bangladesh has been most successful in reducing its TFR through efforts of literacy and population planning.

And somehow Pakistani's are foolish enough to believe that '1 billion Islamic Pakistani' is a very good thing.

I can be biased towards one particular state. CAn't I? :D

Yaara

Both of our countries have very similar problems when it comes social trends with inthe family.

No need to start this "your $htick is bigger than or in this case "shorter" than ours" :lol:
Not starting it at all.
India needs to push down the TFR to 2.1 ASAP. Our pop stabilization is expected at around 2045, far beyond our initial planning of 2025.

And Bangladeshi's and us consider ourselves as way too late in doing this. This is a real issue/crisis for us. Pakistani's on the other hand dont even seem bothered at all.

Farhan, I dont understand what exactly you are trying to do here. I am not talking about economic growth predictions. I am talking about population stats, the most notable of which is TFR.

1. Pakistan TFR - 3.07
2. India TFR - 2.58
3. Bangladesh TFR - 2.55

The Replacement level TFR is 2.1. At this level, the children replace the parents and population more or less stabilizes.
Bangladesh has been most successful in reducing its TFR through efforts of literacy and population planning.

And somehow Pakistani's are foolish enough to believe that '1 billion Islamic Pakistani' is a very good thing.

Not starting it at all.
India needs to push down the TFR to 2.1 ASAP. Our pop stabilization is expected at around 2045, far beyond our initial planning of 2025.

And Bangladeshi's and us consider ourselves as way too late in doing this. This is a real issue/crisis for us. Pakistani's on the other hand dont even seem bothered at all.

Give and take 10-20 years, Pakistanis too will be in the same range.

urbanization means drop in population.

Pakistan will urbanize a bit later but it surely will.

Indians should worry about playing cricket with Pakistan
and not what Pakistanis are doing inside the bedrooms :D

1. Pakistan TFR - 3.07
2. India TFR - 2.58
3. Bangladesh TFR - 2.55

I agree about this part,We really need to bring it down as soon as possible.

Anyway history of Pakistan and India decrease in TFR

In 1990
Pakistan TFR=6.02
India TFR=3.92

In 2000
Pakistan TFR=4.47
India=3.12

In 2005

Pakistan TFR=3.79
India TFR=2.83

in 2010

Pakistan TFR=3.42
India TFR=2.62

in 2012

Pakistan TFR=3.07
India TFR=2.58
==================================================

Based on the history of the decreasing of TFR in Pakistan.Don't you think it would be safe to assume that Pakistan will be at India's level within the next 5 years(2.58) and Probably by 2025 Almost similar to India?.So i agree the difference is still but hardly of 5-6years

Source is world bank for the above info.

In 90's the difference b/w Pakistan and India TFR was more than 2,TOday it is hardly 0.5.You should atleast accept the rapid decrease in Pakistan TFR..

I agree about this part,We really need to bring it down as soon as possible.
Based on the history of the decreasing of TFR in Pakistan.Don't you think it would be safe to assume that Pakistan will be at India's level within the next 5 years(2.58) and Probably by 2025 Almost similar to India?.So i agree the difference is still but hardly of 5-6years

Source is world bank for the above info.

In 90's the difference b/w Pakistan and India TFR was more than 2,TOday it is hardly 0.5.You should atleast accept the rapid decrease in Pakistan TFR..
Im in fact quite happy to see the fast decline in Pakistan's TFR if true. Havent checked the veracity of the claim. I'll take your word for it.

For South Asia to prosper, we need to limit population growth drastically. Its not a coincidence that China is limiting its population at 1.2 billion. And they have been very successful in their program.
Its reaching crisis proportion in India and Bangladesh - and India has been spectacularly unsuccessful.

Im in fact quite happy to see the fast decline in Pakistan's TFR if true. Havent checked the veracity of the claim. I'll take your word for it.

For South Asia to prosper, we need to limit population growth drastically. Its not a coincidence that China is limiting its population at 1.2 billion. And they have been very successful in their program.
Its reaching crisis proportion in India and Bangladesh - and India has been spectacularly unsuccessful.

Source is world bank.Google "Pakistan Total fertility rate" and you will see the graph/Trend on the top of the search.Since WB only mention it upto 2011 Than i used the 2012 figure from your post.

Google

Look at the chart and the sudden decrease after 90's

Pakistan has the highest population growth rate between India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
You are nowhere near the replacement level of 2.1 TFR as you(and all of South Asia) should be.

Does that matters? We can dominate the world with out population, and soon will take over whole world. Just Imagine a world full of Pakistanis, USA ruled by Pakistanis, UK ruled by Pakistanis and so o on.. :P & btw it's not a joke, there are signs of very high immigration. Indians going back to India and Pakistani replacing them everywhere.

Does that matters? We can dominate the world with out population, and soon will take over whole world. Just Imagine a world full of Pakistanis,

dominate the world in poverty, ignorance, arrogance and the worst? polio,.

Yes,.

continue on mr. continue

dominate the world in poverty, ignorance, arrogance and the worst? polio,.

Yes,.

continue on mr. continue

lol yeah right... if we dominate like you mention, whole world will be following us. So, whole world is on decline... :D

PS: I have pretty high hopes for my country, negativity is not my style :).

1. Pakistan TFR - 3.07
2. India TFR - 2.58
3. Bangladesh TFR - 2.55

TFR does not mean squat in terms of Population Growth.

Population growth is measured by taking into account total live births minus total deaths Plus/minus net immigration.

Pakistan's Population is growing @ 1.573%.....

Pakistan adds less than 3 Million to is Population each year.

Indian Population growth rate is 1.28% each year.

Guess how many people India is adding to its population each year ? 15,833,600 each year.

BTW, Pakistan DOES NOT add News Zealand Population each year.
New Zealand Population is 4.5 Million and

Or maybe ask them to bring their native land under our Flag :sarcastic: As nation is growing we need more space ;)

I was also thinking the same thing. India did attack us in 1971 on the reason that they couldn't handle the refugees, why don't we do the same though we don't need to take any Afghan land and surely In Sha Allah we can win due to a simple factor that our army consists of people who are from mountainous areas. You can see what happened in 2009 when the chitral's company came in swat, Taliban just ran away.

Pakistan Population 2013
Population Rank:6
% of World Pop:2.56%
Also See: Major Cities in Pakistan

December, 6th 2013
The country Pakistan has a history that dates back to almost 2,500 years B.C. It is considered to be one of the most highly advanced and highly developed civilizations of those ancient times. Finally becoming a sovereign state (and eventually recognized as an official mark on the map of the world) on August 14, 1947, this country is known for having deep roots in the Islamic religion. The country’s capital is Islamabad, and the country features four different provinces: North West Frontier Province, Sindh, Balochistan, and Punjab.

Pakistan Population 2013
Last collected in the year 2011, the population, at that point, stood at a reported 176,745,364. This number came from a report that was published by the World Bank in 2012. Back in 2001, the estimated population was around 142.5 million; the country, at that point, became the seventh most populated country in the entire world. Over the next ten years, the estimated population grew by about 34 million people.

pakistan.jpg

Since the year 1947, when the country became a sovereign state, the population of Pakistan has increased significantly, particularly because more and more people felt comfortable moving their families and businesses to the area. Compared to the other countries in the region, the growth rate of Pakistan is about 2.1 percent higher. It is predicted that in about 35 years, if this growth continues, the population of Pakistan will eventually become double of what it was back in 2001. Judging from how the population has grown significantly over just ten years, this “doubled population” figure does not seem to be far off.

Pakistan Population History
Did you know?
In 2030, Pakistan will be the largest Muslim-majority country w/ 245 million people.
To break this down even more specifically, the population of Pakistan grew, on average, at a rate of 3 percent per year from 1951 until the middle of the 1980’s decade. From the mid 1980’s until the year 2000, the growth of the population slowed down to about 2.6 percent per year; and from 2000 to 2012, to about 2 percent per year. The reason for this slow population increase may be that the country spent a lot of time and effort to slow down the population growth. As a result of these efforts, itis a lot poorer than what is was a long time ago. If it did not make any effort to slow down its population increase, then there would actually be 49.13 MORE people in the country than the current reports. But on the other end, they would also be a lot richer as a country. In other words, Pakistan, had it not slowed down its population increase, would actually be 52 percent richer than it is right now. Obviously, history cannot be changed, so the efforts have been switched to educating its population instead.

pakistan-population-2013.jpg

Life Expectancy
In the year 1984, the life expectancy of a Pakistani citizen was only at 56.9 years. As of the year 2002, the life expectancy has jumped up to 63 years of age. The improvement was a direct result of improved medical facilities and better educated health professionals available in the country. The downside, unfortunately, is that doctors and nurses are still in short number for the citizens that need them. There is only 1 nurse for every 3,700 people in the country. If the country is looking to improve health among its citizens and continue to grow their life expectancy rate, then the number of available doctors and nurses needs to continue to grow. If these numbers do not improve, then the people of Pakistan will actually see their life expectancy rate dip back down to the numbers of the mid 1990’s (59 years of age). The life expectancies of males and females are generally the same in Pakistan. As of 2002, men are expected to live around 63.7 years, while women are expected to live 63.4 years. (These numbers are according to the National Institute of Population Studies.)

Demographics
There have been very drastic and dramatic social changes in Pakistan. These vital changes have ushered in a new era of urbanization and the creation of a couple of megacities within the country. As of 2003, the country became one of the most urbanized cities in all of South Asia, mainly because city dwellers made up about 36 percent of its entire population at that point. About 50 percent of Pakistani citizens live in a place where at least 5,000 other citizens reside as well.

Most Pakistani people come from the ancestral group known as the Indo-Iranians. The largest ethnic group in Pakistan consists of those of Punjabi ethnicity, while Pashtuns and Sindhis are the second and third largest ethnic groups in the country, respectively. There is a special mixed ethnic group between the Punjabi ethnicity and the Sindhi ethnicity, and this group makes up about 10 percent of the entire Pakistani population.

When we consider the foreigners who live in Pakistan, a majority of them come from Afghanistan. Smaller foreign groups include those from Iraq, Bangladesh, Uzbekistan, Somalia, Burma, and Tajikistan. The most popular language in Pakistan is Punjabi, a language in which 88 percent of the population speaks. Second is the language Saraiki, which is spoken by 10 percent of the population; and coming in third is the language Pashto, spoken by 15 percent of the population.

English is widely spoken throughout the government of Pakistan, mainly because it is actually the official language of the government of the country. Many government officials, civil servants, and members of the military speak English in their daily conversations and meetings.

Pakistan Population Projections
According to a lot of expert predictions and projections based on trends and statistics, among many other factors, by the year 2050, there will be close to 9 BILLION people populating the planet. Out of those 9 billion, they project that about half of the world’s population will reside in the following countries:China, the United States, India, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Uganda, the Congo, Bangladesh, and, of course – you guessed it – Pakistan.

Pakistan Population Chart
Population History
Year Population Change
1950 37,542,000 N/A%
1960 45,541,000 21.31%
1970 59,204,000 30.00%
1980 79,984,000 35.10%
1990 111,091,000 38.89%
2000 143,832,000 29.47%
2010 173,149,000 20.38%

Population Projections
Year Population Change