What's new

Pakistan Gets Serious About Its Tourism Pitch

You both make valid points and I have to agree with @War Thunder that tourism has the potential and will improve our economic situation

However I also agree with @ProudPak that this industry must not come at the expense of local culture.

Not too long ago I watched a travel vlog of an Arab guy who visited Hunza valley and how for over 100 years that little village secluded between the mountains never experienced even the pettiest of crime, the people lived a humble and healthy lifestyle of no worry (most people over age of 100), and this foreigner, an Arab, visited that area not to see expensive luxury hotels, skiing resorts, shopping malls, bars and dance clubs and brothels catered to tourists; no, he came to experience a lifestyle that has died out in every other part of the world precisely due to globalization and mass tourism industry.

I recommend watching this to appreciate this gem that we have:

If we will develop a tourism "industry" (hate that word) then we shouldn't look to Dubai, Singapore, Thailand or any of those other places as all they offer is more or less the same stuff; sky scrapers, cheap sex (sex tourism is the way to go if all you're hungry for is $$$), alcohol and night clubs, shopping malls, hotels and restaurants.

Rather, Pakistani tourism experience must be uniquely Pakistani.

Also, just to add; when Pakistanis start experiencing foreigners in mass quantities believe me they will start losing their hospitality as some foreigners will abuse this.

Therefore we should be careful and not go all out following the examples of these other countries. Moderation is the best path and monetary gain shouldn't be the motive alone here.

Yes there is recent instance of the severe culture clash (english lady in bikini getting "mishandled" by cops when she entered a town past the resort walls) in Maldives when the artificial imposed touristy wall (for sake of quick easy money + jobs) is violated.

This has potential to create further ramifications in bad press mechanism that would also likely squash anything grown in sector genuinely etc esp at low base.

It is imperative a sustainable model for any economic sector, incl tourism (and like you succinctly said this must be strongly referenced with what the local culture and norms are)....in interests of not creating bubbles and collapses further down. Pakistan is not so downstream to do "go along to get along" globalised tourism model, so it can shape things well for its own niche approach.

Also its not really about tourist volumes, you can over time develop high value tourism model. India for example has far fewer visitors than SEA and East Asia, but it stacks up pretty well in total tourism revenue given it attracts % wise more better-heeled tourists and developed/promoted packages etc for them.

Yawn

Asswioes like you start then run to mods...indian font

dick?... wow you described your self perfectly.

but i think the case with you is much deeper.

You are not very capable, and havent achieved anything meaningful in your life. The issue is that you dont think a solution can be found, when in reality a solution does exist.

Ok ... you need to stop being a typical Pakistani with limited vision.

if we go by your logic , we stop producing milk since in Pakistan milk quality is no. 2 or how about a more extreme example desterlise Pakistani men so that cannot have babies as according you 99% of trouble makers are Pakistanis.

Every thing can be managed and solved, singapore in the 1960s was a waste shithole, and look what they did to solve problems. Lucky for us there is PM who understands and his team is working in solving the problem, and people with your kind of thinking are blogging and no body cares about.

about dubai, you think people just behave them selves are they angels? do not litter? you think indians, bangladeshi, Nigerians, africans, syrians, iraqis, sri lankans , russians or the millions who come are well trained in litter and are clean??????.... lol......

Then you really know nothing.

There are fines, enforcement, waste management, rubbish bins every where, daily cleaning etc combined together that keeps dubai clean NOT people.[/QUOTE

Actually, most tourists who research the culture know that they won't be able to openly have alcohol. Having hosted a bunch of them, the vast majority are extremely respectful of local cultures and norms. Plus, in Hunza at least, the local alcohol was offered pretty openly.

And I believe the locals everywhere do enough drugs anyway.

Our major concern, whether the tourist is from London or Larkana, should be to a.) educate the entire population that only assh*les litter and b.) enforce extremely strict fines on disturbing nature.

But the problem is that self proclaimed patriotic civil servants have thrown away garbage and cigarette butts etc on the street in front of me. They don't think it's a problem because millions of others are doing it anyway! It's sad.
Couldn't agree more.
Even here on this forum. They all follow the same narrative. Follow like sheep. No vision or lateral thinking

Yawn

Asswioes like you start then run to mods...indian font

Couldn't agree more.
Even here on this forum. They all follow the same narrative. Follow like sheep. No vision or lateral thinking

Assholes?.. you yes yes 200% i agree you are an asshole.

Run to mod?.

Why?

we are enjoying your incompetence.

Last edited:
Ok ... you need to stop being a typical Pakistani with limited vision.

Limited vision? Pray do tell what brilliant vision is encouraging your approach on the matter.

A typical Pakistani is he who punches himself in the face a hundred times and still wants to do it again expecting a miracle. When you recommend that he shouldn't he thinks you're just being silly and proceeds to punch himself in the face another hundred times. "Oho, kuch nai hota. Khair hai."

if we go by your logic , we stop producing milk since in Pakistan milk quality is no. 2 or how about a more extreme example desterlise Pakistani men so that cannot have babies as according you 99% of trouble makers are Pakistanis.

Both examples are pretty ridiculous. Regardless, just this once, I'll entertain them.

If that milk is killing people, and the cows on top, then yes, we should stop producing it until we can produce it at a quality which wouldn't kill the people or the cow. Only a dunce would recommend otherwise.

Forcibly sterilizing a man infringes upon his fundamental human rights. If it didn't, it wouldn't be a problem. Did you talk it over with your dog before you got him neutered? No such violation of any rights if we do not promote tourism until we know how to and want to manage it properly.

Every thing can be managed and solved, singapore in the 1960s was a waste shithole, and look what they did to solve problems.

The question being discussed is not "if it can be done" but that "is Pakistan doing it"? No it isn't, never has shown any inkling of even trying. Do not compare yourself to nations whose social enlightenment and etiquette leaves much to be desired in Pakistanis. Instead, look at Pakistan to know and understand what will undoubtedly happen. After all, we have a 100% success rate in completely destroying regions which have been made accessible to tourists. Look at what we do to solve problems. Shouldn't take too long since we do nothing at all.

Lucky for us there is PM who understands and his team is working in solving the problem,

No he doesn't. No they aren't. Keep this political groupieism on other threads please. The PM has done nothing and is planning to do nothing to safeguard these regions against the very real destruction that comes with mass tourism. Destruction that has already claimed quite a few places in the country. In fact, every single place accessible to mass tourism. Show me one measure enacted by this government, or any other government for that matter, in this regard. These measures come before the tourists, not 50 years after.

No one in the government has any idea about tourism at all.

and people with your kind of thinking are blogging and no body cares about.

Yeah, a hallmark of ill-educated societies who drive themselves into the ground. If they actually did listen to people who know a thing or two on the matter, maybe they wouldn't fail every single time.

about dubai, you think people just behave them selves are they angels? do not litter? you think indians, bangladeshi, Nigerians, africans, syrians, iraqis, sri lankans , russians or the millions who come are well trained in litter and are clean??????.... lol......

Then you really know nothing.

Those aren't tourists, bud.....

Regardless, I wonder what exactly stops them from, say, "littering"? I predict that you are about to trip on your own argument.

There are fines, enforcement, waste management, rubbish bins every where, daily cleaning etc combined together that keeps dubai clean NOT people.

And there you go. Right on the money.

So, for the nth time, what have Pakistanis actually done out of all of these? Or are planning to? Except for, you know, the brilliant strategy of hoping that it would just some how happen, as you throw that wrapper on the curb?

Actually, most tourists who research the culture know that they won't be able to openly have alcohol. Having hosted a bunch of them, the vast majority are extremely respectful of local cultures and norms.

Ironically, yet again, it's the Pakistani tourist who becomes the problem. They even go as far as speaking down to the locals. Not all of them, of course not, but quite a few. Funny story. This Sept, an aunty from Hyderabad while being guided through Baltit Fort pointed towards the portrait of the Agha Khan and goes "Khan Saab, yeh kon hai"? The guide who's the brother of an old friend explains who the Aghan Khan is. She turns around to her family and with a very clear look of disdain and without even pretending to attempt to be discreet goes "haan iski ibadat kartay hain na yeh. Yeh Mirzai". The guide looked at me giving up and gestured if I wanted to explain it to my fellow "southerners". I explained who he was and how wrong she was, she still couldn't care less.

Plus, in Hunza at least, the local alcohol was offered pretty openly.

Funny every time a tourist asks for "Hunza Water" thinking its the magical natural mineral water from Hunza's streams and springs which lets you grow older than a 100.

The local moonshine in Chitral is easily available as well. TBH, alcohol is readily available everywhere in the country.

Our major concern, whether the tourist is from London or Larkana, should be to a.) educate the entire population that only assh*les litter and b.) enforce extremely strict fines on disturbing nature.

Add to that strict laws prohibiting locals from exploiting nature in pursuit of increased tourism.

Last edited:
Because masterbators like you only know that you indian tw#t

masterbathors?.. so u never master-bated?.. are like some sort of nun or something?

Indian twit?.. foul language?

why?

are u upset?....

you know if you did masterbathe you would be less up set with this world.

Limited vision? Pray do tell what brilliant vision is encouraging your approach on the matter.

A typical Pakistani is he who punches himself in the face a hundred times and still wants to do it again expecting a miracle. When you recommend that he shouldn't he thinks you're just being silly and proceeds to punch himself in the face another hundred times. "Oho, kuch nai hota. Khair hai."

did u just describe your self?.... interesting. i guess self ownage is sport where you come from.

Forcibly sterilizing a man infringes upon his fundamental human rights. If it didn't, it wouldn't be a problem. Did you talk it over with your dog before you got him neutered? No such violation of any rights if we do not promote tourism until we know how to and want to manage it properly.

restricting movement is a violation of human rights.....

So, for the nth time, what have Pakistanis actually done out of all of these? Or are planning to? Except for, you know, the brilliant strategy of hoping that it would just some how happen, as you throw that wrapper on the curb?

silly point.. just because you never did doesnt mean you shouldnt start.

No he doesn't. No they aren't. Keep this political groupieism on other threads please. The PM has done nothing and is planning to do nothing to safeguard these regions against the very real destruction that comes with mass tourism. Destruction that has already claimed quite a few places in the country. In fact, every single place accessible to mass tourism. Show me one measure enacted by this government, or any other government for that matter, in this regard. These measures come before the tourists, not 50 years after.

No one in the government has any idea about tourism at all.

Wrong as usual.

This under his administrative jurisdiction. Again you keep making silly abstract points. Did Imran know any thing about making a hospital?... but he did it.... that too a world class hospital.

you need to better analyse things perhaps travel the world a bit and if you perhaps pay attention you would realise there were alot of worse places than Pakistan that solved problems.

All man made problems are solvable.

My guess you have never work in any capacity such as project management or even dealt with people from a work perspective and instead relay on mummy daddy stories for your one track analysis

did u just describe your self?.... interesting. i guess self ownage is sport where you come from.

Listen bud. I'm not one of those poster whom you reply to with two-bit childish statements. If you have an argument present it, otherwise I don't have enough time to waste on moronic back and forths.

restricting movement is a violation of human rights.....

Another nonsensical statement. Firstly, no it is not. The Pakistani government is well within its rights to restrict movement of any person to any region in Pakistan as it sees fit. Every country does it, we have always done it, especially up north. Secondly, no one actually suggested restricting anyone's movement anywhere. The discussion is about facilitating mass tourism in the regions. Pay better attention.

silly point.. just because you never did doesnt mean you shouldnt start.

Another advice is that you first read the posts very diligently and only then click on reply. Point was, you haven't started anything or even plan to. Once you have, sure, go ahead and invite the world over.

Wrong as usual.

Sure.

This under his administrative jurisdiction. Again you keep making silly abstract points. Did Imran know any thing about making a hospital?... but he did it.... that too a world class hospital.

Has he though? Done anything with regards to sustainable tourism? Anything at all? No? Ok.

As I said before, groupieism does not belong here. Take it elsewhere. I don't think you yourself know what you are typing, because nothing makes any sense.

perhaps travel the world a bit

Sure....thanks. Made me chuckle.

Still has nothing to do with the argument though. Just another two-bit attempt at ad hominem. Might work in your circles bud, not with me.

and if you perhaps pay attention you would realise there were alot of worse places than Pakistan that solved problems.

And they all worked hard for it, still are. You aren't. Don't even intend to. Until you do, don't come here and present others as examples.

My guess you have never work in any capacity such as project management or even dealt with people from a work perspective and instead relay on mummy daddy stories for your one track analysis

Ad hominem, again. Coupled with more nonsensical statements.

Don't really care what your guess about me is. If you need it to make you feel better about yourself, by all means, hazard whatever guess works best for you. Do care about your answer to my argument, though. If you have one, that is. Actually, don't even really care about your argument either. Care only about the future of Pakistan, its natural wealth and safeguarding them from degenerate Pakistanis and their self serving nature.

For your next post, unless you can present sensible arguments, it's best just not to respond.

Last edited:
Another nonsensical statement. Firstly, no it is not. The Pakistani government is well within its rights to restrict movement of any person to any region in Pakistan as it sees fit. Every country does it, we have always done it, especially up north. Secondly, no one actually suggested restricting anyone's movement anywhere. The discussion is about facilitating mass tourism in the regions. Pay better attention.

Really?... restrict as it see fit?.....funny that is what Indian gov says about kashmir

Has he though? Done anything with regards to sustainable tourism? Anything at all? No? Ok.

As I said before, groupieism does not belong here. Take it elsewhere. I don't think you yourself know what you are typing, because nothing makes any sense.

there is alot happing it is you who seems to be in the dark

Good you agree!

Sure....thanks. Made me chuckle.

Still has nothing to do with the argument though. Just another two-bit attempt at ad hominem. Might work in your circles bud, not with me.

i am sure it must have... going out side village doesnt count as international travel..

Don't really care what your guess about me is. If you need it to make you feel better about yourself, by all means, hazard whatever guess works best for you. Do care about your answer to my argument, though. If you have one, that is. Actually, don't even really care about your argument either. Care only about the future of Pakistan, its natural wealth and safeguarding them from degenerate Pakistanis and their self serving natur

the positive vibe has finally caught on!.. keep it up

For your next post, unless you can present sensible arguments, it's best just not to respond.

translation : As keep losing arguments i will turn tail.

Listen bud. I'm not one of those poster whom you reply to with two-bit childish statements. If you have an argument present it, otherwise I don't have enough time to waste on moronic back and forths.

If under stood the basic core of my point there is no argument. You just have an over inflated ego.

To everyone who was saying that the foreign tourists will cause litter and destruction of beauty:

ERYRUGpXUAEQtEn

Doob marnay ka muqaam bahaysiat e qaum.

Really?... restrict as it see fit?.....funny that is what Indian gov says about kashmir

Already told you, Pakistan does it as well. Only to a different degree and for different reasons. I guess you just didn't know because, let's face it, you were too bust with your international travels to travel Pakistan.

Already also told you that no one is talking about restricting anyone's access anywhere. Best you don't take the discussion on moronic tangents every time you don't have an answer.

there is alot happing it is you who seems to be in the dark

Oh is there? Should be no problem presenting examples of it then. As asked of you multiple times.

Good you agree!

So blind to sarcasm along with logic, knowledge and sense?

i am sure it must have... going out side village doesnt count as international travel..

Please first decide on one narrative. First, you claimed that I was a "mummy daddy" who had never worked before. Now you claim I have never left my village.

That said, I must reiterate, neither case, even if true, would have any bearing on my argument or your inability to answer it.

the positive vibe has finally caught on!.. keep it up

Positive vibe? No. The government is moving towards destroying Pakistan's gems and its moronic supporters see nothing wrong with it.

translation : As keep losing arguments i will turn tail.

Think we've already established where I stand with regards to worthless two-bit statements.

If under stood the basic core of my point there is no argument.

You have no argument to understand. All your statements can be summarized as "there is no problem in letting the tourists inundate our fragile environments. Nothing bad will come of it since IK is the PM, he built a hospital when he didn't know how to after all. He is already doing a lot about it too, even though there is no proof. I can't give you a single example either. Since I can't defend my argument I'll just keep repeating that you are wrong. I'll also try to deflect the obvious embarrassment of being wrong by claiming that you are a 'mummy daddy' who has never left his village. Also, whenever I feel insecure I instead start claiming that I am better than the other because I took a short flight over the Persian gulf".

You just have an over inflated ego.

Might just be. Does that make me wrong though?

Last edited:
Already told you, Pakistan does it as well. Only to a different degree and for different reasons. I guess you just didn't know because, let's face it, you were too bust with your international travels to travel Pakistan.

Already also told you that no one is talking about restricting anyone's access anywhere. Best you don't take the discussion on moronic tangents every time you don't have an answer.

Oh is there? Should be no problem presenting examples of it then. As asked of you multiple times.

So blind to sarcasm along with logic, knowledge and sense?

Please first decide on one narrative. First, you claimed that I was a "mummy daddy" who had never worked before. Now you claim I have never left my village.

That said, I must reiterate, neither case, even if true, would have any bearing on my argument or your inability to answer it.

Positive vibe? No. The government is moving towards destroying Pakistan's gems and its moronic supporters see nothing wrong with it.

Think we've already established where I stand with regards to worthless two-bit statements.

You have no argument to understand. All your statements can be summarized as "there is no problem in letting the tourists inundate our fragile environments. Nothing bad will come of it since IK is the PM, he built a hospital when he didn't know how to after all. He is already doing a lot about it too, even though there is no proof. I can't give you a single example either. Since I can't defend my argument I'll just keep repeating that you are wrong. I'll also try to deflect the obvious embarrassment of being wrong by claiming that you are a 'mummy daddy' who has never left his village. Also, whenever I feel insecure I instead start claiming that I am better than the other because I took a short flight over the Persian gulf".

Might just be. Does that make me wrong though?

so more point less response...

so glad humanity doesnt think like you other wise we still be using stones to make fire... .lol

New development in December 2022, congrats to all Think Tanks and Advisors over here on PDF:

Fk_nZvyXgAIwuwY

Back
Top Bottom