What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS: and this ghattiyan-pan is also apparent in their leadership now. They are focused on grilling other parties (specifically N league) than talking about the basic issues of Pakistan. In Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (read it Wazaristan in PTI's dictionary) they were focused on N league rather than discussing about drone strikes and local people's issues. In quetta they were focused on N league. In Sindh they were focused on N league, in Punjab they were focused on league and here it was legitimate to do so.

They are just not getting mature and putting all their efforts in defaming N league and nothing more.

+1.

This was on a year ago, but now PTI is no more for Punjab that it's target is PML, it has to go nationwide. There was some criticism of Maulana diesel, and I like that. But there should be criticism of all other parties (MQM thugs come into mind).

Another side is that only IK does the PML bashing, while other members (SMQ, etc) try to genuinely point out problems in Pakistan and some solutions.

My scenario very difficult and very funny...
:yahoo:
Theoretically PTI (for national cause)
Practically PPP (for my choice and personal benefits)
Actually I guess this time PMLN (family affilation)...

In our case family (buzoorg of the family will order us to vote this guy with whom they have affiliations and relations from decades i.e with uncle. so our vote will not go to party but to uncle)...So uncle is actually lota ... before the last time he used to be with PMLN but then he changed party PMLQ....So I can't say for sure now, to whom our family is going to vote...:bounce:

lo gee hmaree tarf say sub hee ruler bun jao, kuch bhee ho ruler tuo aik hee rahy ga...jiay America.. :D

My scenario very difficult and very funny...
:yahoo:
Theoretically PTI (for national cause)
Practically PPP (for my choice and personal benefits)
Actually I guess this time PMLN (family affilation)...

In our case family (buzoorg of the family will order us to vote this guy with whom they have affiliations and relations from decades i.e with uncle. so our vote will not go to party but to uncle)...So uncle is actually lota ... before the last time he used to be with PMLN but then he changed party PMLQ....So I can't say for sure now, to whom our family is going to vote...:bounce:

lo gee hmaree tarf say sub hee ruler bun jao, kuch bhee ho ruler tuo aik hee rahy ga...jiay America.. :D

and in our family... nobody cares up to the extent where the entire family has to go one way. I might be voting different party my brother still PTI fan and father might go to different party and nana abbu to different party based upon independent experiences, judgement, criteria and goal for ultimately national cause

and in our family... nobody cares up to the extent where the entire family has to go one way. I might be voting different party my brother still PTI fan and father might go to different party and nana abbu to different party based upon independent experiences, judgement, criteria and goals
Problem is That people vote in national elections keeping in mind local issues and not based on national vision.Thats where the parties like PPP PML etc takes all the seats coz country lacks the uniform national vision.

Problem is That people vote in national elections keeping in mind local issues and not based on national vision.Thats where the parties like PPP PML etc takes all the seats coz country lacks the uniform national vision.

The only possible answer to above is:
. gee her aik ki problem apni apni...:D

people in Punjab genuinely voted for Nawaz in national interest. Sindh voted in the name of Bibi.

KPK voted ANP as they were out of luck..

what you pointed out is one aspect that drives voters, there can be hundred other factors from region to region and age group to age group etc.

people in Punjab genuinely voted for Nawaz in national interest. Sindh voted in the name of Bibi.

what you pointed out is one aspect that drives voters, there can be hundred other factors from region to region and age group to age group etc.

That is why PTI sometimes irritates me. They have a very confused policy about war on terror and they need to work out on it... they need to work out on it... they do need to work out on it :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why PTI sometimes irritates me. They have a very confused policy about war on terror and they need to work out on it... they need to work out on it... they do need to work out on it :angry:

Skimmed the vid for about ten mins, that baldie just keeps repeating his personal attacks on the PTI Admiral from some 2009 article the Adm wrote(from before he joined the PTI), and does not even discuss the replies to those specific answers to those ten questions provided by the Adm.

And PTI seems to be the only party out there with a proper policy. Imran Khan has been consistent in his views since the very start of this mess in the tribal areas. He's said that these drone attacks kill alot of civilians, and the pushtun tradition of revenge/"badla" holds that people mourning the deaths of their immediate family, often join the militancy and resort to suicide bombing. We did not have suicide bombing here before this war of terror(single incident of suicide bombing in Pakistan, was by an Egyptian, at the Egyptian embassy). Even with the Taliban ruled Afghanistan for many years, their ideology did not get any traction at all, in the tribal areas. As long as the drone attacks continue to kill people who are suspects aren't even convicted or proven guilty of any crime, along with their young children, relatives, neighbors, and anyone who happened to be neaby - this generates more recruits for the militancy. This is the core cause of the militancy, and how they manage to recruit volunteers for suicide-bombing.

So PTI's policy is to stop drone attacks and bow out from the war of terror(much like many NATO members have done, or announced that they are doing), and negotiate with these tribes and separate the hardcore militants and their higher-ups from the people who are just fighting because they've lost family members and feel that it is a Jihad to fight the Pak army because it takes orders and $$$ from the US. After that, we selectively use military operations that eliminate the hardcore militants who insist on continuing to fight, rather than full-scale warfare and collateral damage helping the militants get more recruits.

Anyone even remotely familiar with the history of this area, would understand that this is the way to go forward. We've tried the brute-force military option for eight years, and the situation has sharply deteriorated, rather than improve. And after eight years, there is no end in sight, this war could go on for another ten years. The British fought in this area for 80 years right up to 1947, loosing more people here than in the entire sub-continent of India.

And PTI has worked on a pretty comprehensive anti-terror policy, and it's according to the wishes of the civilian population of Waziristan (which has suffered more than anyone under this drone/militancy reign of terror), and it keeps Pakistan's best interests in sight. Many people seem to get taken by the media and PML-N's propaganda these days, and start to feel and act as if the whole mess that Pakistan is in is because of PTI, even though they aren't even in power yet. Musharraf made this huge mistake near the end, where he aggressively tried to clamp down on the media. The result was the media stayed up-in-arms against him and reported his failings accurately. PPP and PML-N are smarter, they've bought out the media rather than trying to fight it. PPP has pretty much lost it's chance for the next election by their abysmal performance, and by most accounts, the next election'll be between PTI and PML-N. PML-N realizes this, and frequently resorts to cheap tricks. For example, record crowds came out for PTI in Lahore showing that Imran Khan enjoys strong support here, and PML-N's reaction is to rush this city metro project(at a time when the govt national and provincial govt is bankrupt and heavily in debt) and announce that it would be free for the public, for a couple of months.

63.gif

transfer of power should be within 5 years... as it is in USA.

^^ Apparently from the news piece in the last week of April 2013...

^^ Apparently from the news piece in the last week of April 2013...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom