What's new

Pakistan FUTURE soldier Program Ambitions

I read somewhere that HIT has recently declared the Burraq almost combat ready with a few more trials left.

probably we read the same than

but burraq isnt ideal against the IED's our armed forces face.
we need something like the casspir to be manufactured in pakistan for mass number manufacturing

Thanks Blain2. It would be interesting to find out why HIT chose the IMI Wildcat design over others.....

Because we do not have formal relations with Israel and hence they cannot complaint or hold us responsible for any design infringement rights!!!

probably we read the same than

but burraq isnt ideal against the IED's our armed forces face.
we need something like the casspir to be manufactured in pakistan for mass number manufacturing

Start off with the local design. I think even in its current form, the local MRAP is a better option that the Trucks being used now.

Start off with the local design. I think even in its current form, the local MRAP is a better option that the Trucks being used now.

Even in the present form the burraq is much better than those toyota hilux.they dont even have b5 level protection

The HIT officially claim b7 level protection for Burraq as well as can withstand upto 10kg of tnt blast

1rdbbm.jpg

skx9nm.jpg

I read somewhere that HIT has recently declared the Burraq almost combat ready with a few more trials left.

The platform is ready, it is rumoured to have conducted strikes in FATA too. The only problem that was arising was the precision of the munition, this was almost a year ago, don't know the current status of it.

The platform is ready, it is rumoured to have conducted strikes in FATA too. The only problem that was arising was the precision of the munition, this was almost a year ago, don't know the current status of it.

A spokesperson for Pakistan’s state-owned vehicle manufacturer, Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), has confirmed that its Burraq mine-resistant, ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle is nearing the end of its prototype phase and will be unveiled in “three to four months.” The announcement comes after years of development and failed efforts to acquire such a vehicle from other sources.

Pakistan To Unveil MRAP Vehicle | Defense News | defensenews.com

This article is of March 19. The writer is Usman ANsari (isn't he the PAKDEF guy?)

Even in the present form the burraq is much better than those toyota hilux.they dont even have b5 level protection

The HIT officially claim b7 level protection for Burraq as well as can withstand upto 10kg of tnt blast

1rdbbm.jpg

skx9nm.jpg

It looks great but it would be very beautiful vehicle if they redesign its tires……
the tires really looks funny……:omghaha:

I think the most important thing our soldiers need is Electronic equipment support.

Give them small UAV , remote controlled Vehicles e.t.c save the live .

May a times i have heard that xyz post is attacked and few of our soldier got killed in the action.Y aren't they given small UAVs equipped with irfrared sensors to see the movement in night.Atleast they can be ready before hand and they element of surprise will no more be the cause of soldier's death.

These are the SFs. The issue is with the general infantry.
I am going to steal their weapons and run away but on topic we need hell of money to give this kind of equipment to our Army Soldiers we need lot of money and technology to do this

Everyone here talking about better gun, ammo, situation awareness,protection and logistics. Those are very important part of the future soldier programs. Is there any progress about battle field medi-kits? Something that gives assurance to soldiers that even if they got hit will survive to see another day.

Oh Bhai ...........WHAT future soldier are we talking about here!!

Your average Infantry Man is currently a low paid grunt belonging to some Kot or Chak No.42 in Punjab or a Pathan from some remote rock part of KPK!!! Army gives him employment & benefits to shoot in the direction ordered & he does that without question before retiring and then getting in line as an old man for his pension or being hired by some security company as a guard on Rs.6000-Rs.7000 per month!!! During his service he looks like a starved Ethopian holding a G-3 that is as tall as he is!!! He is fed Daal and ordinary roti on permanent basis while pullao is an occasional Eid for the entire company!! He works like a dog during peace time generally doing orderly duties for the Col Sb or Major Sb from polishing shoes to fetching rotis from the local tandoor!!!

Whatever remains goes into the SSG and pose for the cameras to get photos above!!!!

So I ask again, WHAT FUTURE SOLDIER ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE?

Thanks for the info.

Because we do not have formal relations with Israel and hence they cannot complaint or hold us responsible for any design infringement rights!!!

I can understand it to avoid R&D costs but we can forget about ever wanting to export the Burraq.

NE, its supposed to have an optional 12.7mm MG as its only weapon which is widely used in many other platforms in use by us in service.

Back
Top Bottom