What's new

Pakistan forcing Taliban militants to keep fighting, Karzai says

pakistan supports afgan taliban,thats not hidden.only issue is to get stategic depth inside afghanistan

Of course you have no evidence or logic to describe your baseless theory.

While Taliban has not only fully protected Indian contractors but won then multi billion contracts from US aid to Afghanistan.

Where as present Pakistani regime (which is blamed by you) is a product of Indi-US nexus and continuously being financed and supported.

Same Pakistan govt. has recently granted free transit aid facility to Afghanistan to supply uranium to the worlds largest nuclear plant being build in India.

Classified American communiqués revealed Sunday by the WikiLeaks website reportedly brand Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as being like Hitler and refer to Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai as "driven by paranoia."

Karzai was said to be "driven by paranoia," while the Guardian reports he was described as "an extremely weak man who did not listen to facts, but was instead easily swayed by anyone who came to report even the most bizarre stories or plots against him."

Its just another Karzai paranoia attack.

Last edited:
I wonder why wikileaks is "leaking" the sensitive information about Muslim World only? Have any of you ever thought about it? I would agree with Iranian President and he says "The US administration releases documents and makes a judgment based on them. They are mostly like a psychological warfare and lack legal basis"

I don't think CIA would ever allow anyone to leak secrets. The point is that US/CIA/Pentagon/Wiki all are part of these so called "Leaks"

I wonder why wikileaks is "leaking" the sensitive information about Muslim World only? Have any of you ever thought about it? I would agree with Iranian President and he says "The US administration releases documents and makes a judgment based on them. They are mostly like a psychological warfare and lack legal basis"

I don't think CIA would ever allow anyone to leak secrets. The point is that US/CIA/Pentagon/Wiki all are part of these so called "Leaks"

Bro there is a huge cry, amongst world leaders and diplomats on the release of classified materials, the leaks are not only Pakistan specific or Muslim specific.

Brother, May be you are right, lets wait and see. Not only me but some renowned Security Experts incl General Hameed Gul are of the same view that such massive leaks are not possible without US will.

I just hope we're not playing these dirty double games, it's a very simple rule of the universe, you play with fire you get your hands burnt. And in our case we've already set our house on fire due to the dirty games of our rulers in the 80s.

Regardless of what kind of puppet karzai is and what kind of misinformation he's spreading about Pakistan, it should be of grave concern to us of kind of neighbor we're forming in Afghanistan, one which resents us and distrusts us, one our enemies have wanted for the longest. Now whatever the powers that be in Pakistan and whatever decisions they're making I hope they are thinking long term and in the best interest of the nation.

Pakistan forcing Taliban militants to keep fighting, Karzai says in leaked cable

Afghan President Hamid Karzai told a US envoy this year that the Pakistani government is forcing Taliban fighters to keep fighting coalition forces, according to a State Department cable released by WikiLeaks.

If true, the allegation would add evidence to claims Pakistan is intentionally prolonging the war effort to ensure that any future peace settlement results in an Afghan "satellite state" of Pakistan.

Discussing the arrest of de facto Taliban leader Mullah Baradar earlier this year, Karzai said Pakistan detained Baradar because he was willing to negotiate peace with coalition forces -- something Pakistan doesn't want to see, according to Karzai.

The cable, published Sunday by the New York Times, is marked "secret" and dated February of this year. It describes a conversation between Karzai and Frank Ruggiero, a deputy of US Special Envoy Richard Holbrooke.

"Senior Taliban fighters in Pakistan may be prepared to reintegrate, [Karzai] said, but are forced by the Pakistan Government to continue to fight," the cable reports.

Karzai reportedly told Ruggiero that the Pakistani government is using NATO's "kill or capture list" as a way of marginalizing Taliban leaders who want to negotiate peace. Karzai "said some Afghan Taliban commanders cannot return to Afghanistan because they are on the [kill or capture list] and are told by the Pakistanis they must continue to fight or will be turned over to the coalition," the cable states.

The Afghan president urged the US to remove some senior Taliban leaders from the list, in order to get them to the negotiating table.

Karzai's assertion backs up claims made by some observers that Pakistan is working to prevent Taliban leaders from negotiating directly with Western countries or Karzai's government.

Earlier this month, US terrorism expert Bruce Riedel said Pakistan was pursuing this course because it wanted to turn Afghanistan into a satellite state of Pakistan, something that wouldn't happen under a US-Taliban deal, or a NATO-Taliban deal.

“When Mullah Baradar started to talk about talks, the ISI [Pakistani intelligence service] had him arrested as a signal to the other Taliban to prevent them from taking independent action," Riedel said

Pakistan forcing Taliban militants to keep fighting, Karzai says in leaked cable | Raw Story

i think strategically speaking it is in pakistani interest that war in afghanistan continues. the longer war continues, the more domestic pressure on US Govt to with draw its troops from war zone.

if fighting is topped now, then US, afghan govt will consolidate their hold on afghanistan and there will be fear of pakistan getting marginalised. even india will take advantage of the fact to increase its influence in afghanistan.

however if the fighting continues, then pakistan can play the waiting game. first allow coalition troops to with draw from afganistan and then consolidate its hold on afghanistani govt with the help of other like minded rebels. this will also reduce indian influence in the region.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom