What's new

Pakistan Federal Budget FY 2020-21: Analysis and Discussion Thread

i m not talking about GDP percentage . I m talking about Indian 57/58 Billion US dollar and Pakistan 7.9 Billion US dollar defense budget gap to not increase further , 7:1 already . So when India increase defense budget every year , Pakistan also increase it to some extent . After 5th August 2019 situation is tense to say the least .
I would not bank on the figures you use for Pakistan's military budget. It is hard to accurately estimate those as the returns from military-run commercial enterprises in Pakistan are not counted in the defence budget.

@Jungibaaz , @Norwegian - are there reliable figures for Pakistan's military budget including the off-national budget resources?

I would not bank on the figures you use for Pakistan's military budget. It is hard to accurately estimate those as the returns from military-run commercial enterprises in Pakistan are not counted in the defence budget.

@Jungibaaz , @Norwegian - are there reliable figures for Pakistan's military budget including the off-national budget resources?
You can convert Pakistani defense spending in PKR to USD to get the right figure

You can convert Pakistani defense spending in PKR to USD to get the right figure
Yes, but those figures will be what is budgeted officially and presented in the Parliament. Are there are reliable records for what the Army gets from its commercial companies. To get an accurate figure of Pakistan's defense spending (USD or PKR) you need to add the figures in the national budget and what the army earns off-budget.

So what is the verdict guys, is the budget as business friendly as government is claiming and some economists are saying? P+J folks should not answer.

So what is the verdict guys, is the budget as business friendly as government is claiming and some economists are saying? P+J folks should not answer.
Can you tell me if PMLN was spread because of Jahalat or Jahalat is the reason behind spread of PMLN?

Aristotle of PMLN claims now that twin deficits do not matter. This explains perfectly why trade and current account deficits reached those astronomical heights in their regime.

8-1531335813 (1).jpg
3-1532027175 (1).jpg

40 percent of total budget allocation is for federal government (this includes defense) while provinces get 60 percent allocation (this includes education and health). Now go cry about the military spending
Defence falls under federal govt, and since it is the fed govt budget, I will criticize it as much as i want to. this is not called crying, this is called raising legitimate concerns, about the govt not treating all sectors equally. now you can go cry that someone over the net is exercising their right to free speech and is criticizing govt decisions.

Defence falls under federal govt, and since it is the fed govt budget, I will criticize it as much as i want to. this is not called crying, this is called raising legitimate concerns, about the govt not treating all sectors equally. now you can go cry that someone over the net is exercising their right to free speech and is criticizing govt decisions.
Total education budget of all provinces is almost the same as total defense budget of the country. So stop this crap of legitimate concerns.

I see alot of you barking against defense budget. This tweet says what I what to say

They all want defense budget for themselves. Pakistan will always have around 20 percent of its budget for defense purposes.

Total education budget of all provinces is almost the same as total defense budget of the country. So stop this crap of legitimate concerns.
Yeah i dont give a shit about education and health budget, never mentioned them either. Seedhi baat ki hai, jab paisa nahi to budget kiun barhaya? Iska paisa kahan say aya?

Science and Information projects: 20 Billion
Government run Hospital in Lahore and Karachi: 13 Billion
Power Sector: 80 Billion
Science & technology = 20 Billion
Education Reforms = 5 Billion
Railways: 40 Billion
Water Resource: 70 Billion
Climate change: 6 Billion

National Highway Authority: 118.67 Billion
Development projects Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir : 40 Billion
Development Merged District of FATA to KP: 48 Billion
Ehsas programme: 208 Billion
Energy Food and other sectors: 180 Billion
Agricultural Relief: 10 Billion

Development Expenditures outside PSDP: Rs.70 Billion
PSDP 2020-21: Rs 1324 Billion out of which Ra 676 Billion for provinces
Federal PSDP 2020-21: Rs 650 Billion
HEC = 64 Billion (60 Bn last year)
COVID-19 Fund = 70 Billion
Health = 20 Billion (11 Bn last year)

On talk shows all businessmen crying that there is no relief. Pakistani businessmen will only survive if government makes everything free for them, has zero taxes and even pays their workers salaries so that they keep all the money they make. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom