What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

indium-tin-oxide layer to the gold tinted cockpit canopy..initial have-glass I

Some of our F-16's have the older canopies which have the older Have glass-I canopy, and others that have the newer ones which "may" still have the InO layer but are light gray to almost transparent.

So old ones have gold color, while the newer have almost transparent color.

This aircraft was procured in 1984 according to the serial number.

Low 'n Behold....I would say 500 Feet.
:)

247937_235420909805695_6857620_n.jpg

Don't those missile fins look a bit 'crude'?

A quick search on the net, and a Blue stripe means training.

Yellow means live electronic systems (seeker). Brown stripe means live ammunition.

Seeker-warhead-propellant.

Seeker yellow for live, other two will be brown.

Blue will be for inert on all three.

So, maybe the fins are rusted because the seeker is actually a dud, and not the real thing?

A quick search on the net, and a Blue stripe means training.

Yellow means live electronic systems (seeker). Brown stripe means live ammunition.

Seeker-warhead-propellant.

Seeker yellow for live, other two will be brown.

Blue will be for inert on all three.

So, maybe the fins are rusted because the seeker is actually a dud, and not the real thing?

According to logic, the Blue stripped missiles would not be given as maintenance as Yellow ones. It is just for pilot training, while the Yellow stripped missiles would be kept safely away from any disturbance. Let's say due to this factor, the F-16 was outside hangar during rain, the steel presence on the canards got rusted.

According to logic, the Blue stripped missiles would not be given as maintenance as Yellow ones. It is just for pilot training, while the Yellow stripped missiles would be kept safely away from any disturbance. Let's say due to this factor, the F-16 was outside hangar during rain, the steel presence on the canards got rusted.

Is that seeker a real seeker or a dud?

Seeker is alive. That's for target practice, your combat with your colleagues.

It's the motor and explosives that is not.

Clears up my confusion.

But then, what is the difference between a seeker with blue band and yellow band? Only the purpose of the missile?

Clears up my confusion.

But then, what is the difference between a seeker with blue band and yellow band? Only the purpose of the missile?

Yes. It would be more appropriate to say 'Missile' with a blue or yellow band, not 'Seeker'. :)

Those fins are removable. So dont read too much into their condition. The live weapons are not kept in elements.

Yes. It would be more appropriate to say 'Missile' with a blue or yellow band, not 'Seeker'. :)

Well, I have read from a couple of places that there are three parts, Warhead, popellant and seeker. Warhead and propulsion are brown for armed and live, while seeker is yellow.

Blue is same for all.

It's usually three parts: seeker-warhead-propellant. Each section has a stripe. If all three stripes are blue, or the whole missile is blue, then each part is inert. If the frontmost stripe is yellow, and the next two brown that means it's a live round. Yellow stripe for live electronics, and the two browns for live combustibles-warhead and propellant. Some rounds are yellow-blue-blue, meaning they have an active seeker head for tone, but they cannot be launched.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-563.html

And also same from a couple of other websites.

Well, I have read from a couple of places that there are three parts, Warhead, popellant and seeker. Warhead and propulsion are brown for armed and live, while seeker is yellow.

Blue is same for all.

And also same from a couple of other websites.

Exactly what I am talking about, if all strips are blue, then call the missile blue, you just called the seeker blue. Hope this clears confusion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom