What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

well technically accessing, how much will we lose getting it with our DRFM?

We cannot Jam enemy radar which is the main purpose of DRFM. DRFM stores and modifies and the incoming radar signal of enemy and re-transmit the modified signal back to source radar.The modified signal contain some errors which enemy radar process will yield false result such as wrong position of aircraft or it's RCS or altitude etc etc or the DRFM can re transmit the same signal back to enemy radar thus making the source radar think it's the same signal i sent and it got re transmitted to me so it's no use to process the same signal or the it will think it's a friendly aircraft radar which is producing same signal, so enemy radar can be spoofed .Thus two advantages come from this, signal is stored so we have a database of enemy radar signal and this stored signal is modified to produce false results to source radar or sent the same duplicate signal which source radar is producing thus making him difficult to process and produce accurate results on output screen.

Saudia is getting this with F-15S. I don't know why they denied it to Pakistan. May be due to India and China factor. I remember back in 2007 when issue of placing restrictions on F-16 surfaced,American senators specifically objected on DRFM and blocked it's sell to PAF

Saudia is getting this with F-15S. I don't know why they denied it to Pakistan. May be due to India and China factor. I remember back in 2007 when placing restrictions on F-16 surfaced,American senators specifically objected on DRFM and blocked it's sell to PAF

And for some odd rather strange enough reason, PAF still decided to go ahead with the purchase of those F-16s which looks shinny enough for the camera.
and the irony to all of this is that even if we do manage to get something similar, we will not be able to install it on our F-16s.

And for some odd rather strange enough reason, PAF still decided to go ahead with the purchase of those F-16s which looks shinny enough for the camera.
and the irony to all of this is that even if we do manage to get something similar, we will not be able to install it on our F-16s.

Mother of Irony is. Indian Rafael will come with DFRM as it is embedded in SPECTRA EW technology... Has PAF devised a strategy to counter this technology so that our workhouse JF-17 does not fall prey to DRFM? i doubt it.

Mother of Irony is. Indian Rafael will come with DFRM as it is embedded in SPECTRA EW technology... Has PAF devised a strategy to counter this technology so that our workhouse JF-17 does not fall prey to DRFM? i doubt it.

if PAF accepted these blk 52 falcons without DRFM, this would be the first application of 211 jammers without DRFM which i highly doubt. Infact, DRFM was among the reasons why we went for 211 series (V4, V9 both) regardless of what has been reported in media. However, somethings are better left as they are. Same applies for JFT DRFM capability. :)

A good perusal of wikileaks would corroborate nabil_05 (Hint: US Ambassador). DRFM package was released for PAF F-16; or more accurately unlocked in the ALQ-211 AIDEWS for PAF falcons. Yet another evidence of good things US and Pakistan can do together without needless acrimony and childish accusations.

Looking ahead: AIDEWS will be continually upgraded into more powerful jamming & SA(situational awareness) system. Which means it will be hard for a frenchie to keep up with American ingenuity. One more thing. Spectra has its origins in USA; as in Thales North America, Virginia Beach. I in no way wish to denigrate the system-no doubt it is a good system but Mr Hollande is not going to invest in it as much as Monsieur Sarkozy may have promised.

Once Viper V standard is adopted by US; F35 technology will percolate into the vipers. Something to keep in mind if you happen to have 60+ Vipers. AESA radars, new warfare systems, Advanced AMRAAMs.......who needs Rafales?

Perhaps US & Pakistan can have a constructive relationship where Pakistan removes bad guys like Aiyman and other Arabs from her soil and curbs sons of soil from joining this global Jihad Inc. and US shares advanced technologies to further prosperity & security of a democratic & stable Pakistan.

has anybody seen this camo, beats orange hand down.
8035036151_92e964c5dc_b.jpg

Gentleman

It is too late for Pakistan to by the 12 Portuguese Air Force F16AM/BM that are for sale. The Romanians and Bulgarians are negotiating, last week the Romanian MOD announced that they would by them for 600 Million Dollars. I remember you that the development of the MLU program is now being headed by the Portuguese with the M6.1 Tape. There was an approach by the Pakistan Government asking for information, but the Romanians send a team to Portugal for inspection and concluded that the aircraft were in very good shape. These were the best aircraft the Portuguese Technicians had found in AMARC.
They are already upgraded to the M5.2 Tape.

I remember that you could by the Venezuelan F16s and upgrade them here to the M6.1 standard here in Portugal.

M6.1 means:
 Improved IFF system (Mode 5 waveform with better distinction between friendly and enemy aircraft)
 Introduction of AIM-120D missile (two-way datalink, improved navigation and High-Angle Off-Boresight capabilities, a doubled range)
 Introduction of more advanced A/G weapons (GBU-39 SDB, GBU-54 LJDAM)
 Integration of improved Link-16 functions with net-centric capability
 Integration of a new Universal Armament Interface to standardize communication between the aircraft and the weapons, illuminating the need for new OPF tapes with every new weapon system

The Netherlands also have F16 for sale, they are selling them cheaper but with more airframe hours and less lifetime.

Greetings from Portugal

Greetings from Portugal[/QUOTE]

wellcome to the defense fourm dear enjoy your stay mate

Gentleman

It is too late for Pakistan to by the 12 Portuguese Air Force F16AM/BM that are for sale. The Romanians and Bulgarians are negotiating, last week the Romanian MOD announced that they would by them for 600 Million Dollars. I remember you that the development of the MLU program is now being headed by the Portuguese with the M6.1 Tape. There was an approach by the Pakistan Government asking for information, but the Romanians send a team to Portugal for inspection and concluded that the aircraft were in very good shape. These were the best aircraft the Portuguese Technicians had found in AMARC.
They are already upgraded to the M5.2 Tape.

I remember that you could by the Venezuelan F16s and upgrade them here to the M6.1 standard here in Portugal.

M6.1 means:
 Improved IFF system (Mode 5 waveform with better distinction between friendly and enemy aircraft)
 Introduction of AIM-120D missile (two-way datalink, improved navigation and High-Angle Off-Boresight capabilities, a doubled range)
 Introduction of more advanced A/G weapons (GBU-39 SDB, GBU-54 LJDAM)
 Integration of improved Link-16 functions with net-centric capability
 Integration of a new Universal Armament Interface to standardize communication between the aircraft and the weapons, illuminating the need for new OPF tapes with every new weapon system

The Netherlands also have F16 for sale, they are selling them cheaper but with more airframe hours and less lifetime.

Greetings from Portugal

wellcome to defense fourm enjoy your stay mate

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom