What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

hi,
I was just reading your post mates, and I´m now confused :undecided:
please can you tell me

how many F 16´s are in Foreign for MLU or for other upgrading?
where?
What is the meaning of ¿MLU?
thanks,
Oscar.

Oscar, MLU stand for Mid-Life-Upgrade.
It is improving the fighter to a modern standard, be changing the radar/avionics/engine.

Pakistan has got 4 F-16s in US and 3 in Turkey for MLU.

Pakistani-izm :lol:

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

pure Pakistani-izm :lol:

why should i waste my 10$ for this? i simply read it free :D we have only 2 pages on this

F-16 Armament

Weapons, Targeting/Navigation Pods, and external stores

AGM-65 Maverick
Air-to-ground missile

AGM-84 Harpoon
Anti-ship missile

AIM-120 AMRAAM
Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile

AIM-7 Sparrow
Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile

AIM-9 Sidewinder
Short Range Air-to-Air Missile

AN/AAQ-13 & AN/AAQ-14 LANTIRN
Navigation & Targeting Pod

GBU-31 and GBU-38 JDAM
Joint Direct Attack Munition

M61 A1 Vulcan
20mm gatling gun system

Other Armament
US Tri-Service Designation System Electronic Equipment

US Tri-Service Designation System Guided Missiles

F-16 Armament

Weapons, Targeting/Navigation

GBU-31 and GBU-38 JDAM
Sir is this information compiled by Janes? These selected deliveries were never made to us. We went for French TGP for F-16s in 80s, which can work with mirages too. Lantrin was not offered to us. Till Block30/32 all F-16s have Wide Angle Conventional (WAC) HUD, Block40/42 are the only configured for Lantrin, hence they have a special HUD know as Wide Angle Raster(WAR) HUD, latter has advance features for navigation and targeting at night. Block50/52/60 etc have WAC HUD.

...And were never received smaller diameter GBU-38 JDAM. We should have acquired that...Its lethal against small targets. They worked well in Iraq and Afghanistan...did less collateral damage as compare to other members of its family.

LANTRIN HUD
0mqVA.jpg

Zw4Ix.jpg

Conventional HUD
Gmg4P.jpg

ubbd2.jpg

When did the Americans change their flight suits to light brown ?

Quote of the Day

“I'm waiting to be told how cobras, hooks, or vectored thrust help in combat. They're great at air shows, but zero energy is a fighter pilot's nightmare. Shoot your opponent down and his number two will be on your tail thinking it's his birthday - a target hanging there in the sky with zero energy.”

-- Ned Firth of Eurofighter at Farnborough '94

F-16 Armament

Weapons, Targeting/Navigation Pods, and external stores

AGM-65 Maverick
Air-to-ground missile

AGM-84 Harpoon
Anti-ship missile

AIM-120 AMRAAM
Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile

AIM-7 Sparrow
Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile

AIM-9 Sidewinder
Short Range Air-to-Air Missile

GBU-31 and GBU-38 JDAM

M61 A1 Vulcan
20mm gatling gun system

Other Armament
US Tri-Service Designation System Electronic Equipment

US Tri-Service Designation System Guided Missiles
You forgot to mention AGM-88 HARM and for long range Anti Radiation Attack HTS (HARM Targeting System)

Quote of the Day

“I'm waiting to be told how cobras, hooks, or vectored thrust help in combat. They're great at air shows, but zero energy is a fighter pilot's nightmare. Shoot your opponent down and his number two will be on your tail thinking it's his birthday - a target hanging there in the sky with zero energy.”

Exactly!....However, while Cobra may be an impractical maneuver to perform, TVC does help in tighter turns. Yet many of my friends here get offended at the fact that While F-22 can benefit from TVC, it does have enormous extra thrust to make up for energy bleed resulting from this, Moreover, its not the pilot but the computer that is in charge of TVC in raptor making turns smoother and effective, two important things every other aircraft cant do even though it may have a TVC engine firing its back.

Quote of the Day

The initial claim by the Russians that Cobra manoeuvre helps to break the missile lock proved to be highly exaggerated, you may force your pursuer to overshoot but as you said, out of energy and dangling in middle of the air will be a turkey shoot for anyone else out there.

Which is usually the case -- the number two is always following the leader!!!

Back
Top Bottom