What's new

Pakistan Expanding Nuclear Program

Lol!

It completely changes India's military planning because having plutonium gives Pakistan the option of deploying from land, sea or air.

Garbage.What matters it whether Pak has nukes made of HEU or Plutonium ? Its the delivery mechanisms that decide....

It means self-reliance for Pakistan

And they talk about Chinese help in the same article....

My god such an insane article....

Does plutonium grade bombs have any adv over the other types.?
Does Pak have to conduct fresh tests to confirm they have got it right?

Bull said:
My god such an insane article....

Does plutonium grade bombs have any adv over the other types.?
Does Pak have to conduct fresh tests to confirm they have got it right?

Isnt it that Plutonium bombs are lighter to build?

Samudra said:
How many times has China tested its weapons? That is the number of times Pakistanis have tested their weapons.Advantage, actually.
Well, that is not correct, is it? Since the Pak tests were duds, meaning that they didn't do everything the Chinese did.

Officer of Engineers said:
Well, that is not correct, is it? Since the Pak tests were duds, meaning that they didn't do everything the Chinese did.

Even the Indian tests were not upto the expected yields right?

The Indian projects were more ambitious and they were indeed test devices. The Paks were not. They were taken directly from their arsenal which implies as of the tests, they had serious reliability problems with their arsenal.

Sir,

The second series they had(30-May-1998) - both the devices worked, did they not?:confused:

And you posted something from Stuart saying that they had strong reasons to believe they were Chinese devices.

I have a problem with the 2nd series of test being Chinese devices.

1) The Chinese have moved off HEU warheads decades ago
2) The CCP NEVER made a decision this fast (on par with the Indian politicians deciding on what to name a new bridge).

Doesn't Stuart is wrong. He has access to more data than I do. He still has need-to-know status. I never did.

1) The Chinese have moved off HEU warheads decades ago

There was a story about the U2 detecting WgPu over Chagai.

But then the Pu was not from China, which means they could not have been Chinese devices.

You were right, as usual.

Samudra said:
There was a story about the U2 detecting WgPu over Chagai.

But then the Pu was not from China, which means they could not have been Chinese devices.

You were right, as usual.

The 6th bomb was infact a plutonium weapon. It wasnt exactly a secret....and yes...some "special planes" did pick up traces of PU over Chagai right after the tests.

RAPTOR said:
The 6th bomb was infact a plutonium weapon. It wasnt exactly a secret....and yes...some "special planes" did pick up traces of PU over Chagai right after the tests.

They are planning to move to plu based weapons now,right.
So how could they test a plu weapon then,if they did.

Bull said:
They are planning to move to plu based weapons now,right.
So how could they test a plu weapon then,if they did.

Pakistan is going to INCREASE its Plutonium capability from a measly 5 PU bombs a year to 50. KAHUTA has produced URANIUM nukes while the PAEC has always manufactured Pakistan's PLUTONIUM nukes since the late 80's.

Back
Top Bottom