What's new

Pakistan enacts law to protect parents from forced eviction

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
President Arif Alvi issued on Saturday the Parents Protection Ordinance, 2021 that aims to protect parents from forced eviction by their children.

Under the ordinance, evicting parents will be a punishable offense. Those found guilty may face a prison term up to one year or fine, or both.

President Alvi issued the ordinance under Article 89 of the constitution.

Parents will have the right to evict their children in case they own the property, according to the ordinance. But children may not evict parents even if they owned the house or paid the rent.

Children will have to vacate home in case they are given a written notice by their parents, it says.

They may have to face one-month imprisonment or fine, or both for failing to vacate it after being served a notice.

The deputy commissioner will have the powers to evict children. They could be arrested by the police without warrants after filing of a complaint by the parents.

The arrested individuals will be presented before a magistrate and both sides reserve the right to appeal.

------------------------------------------------

this is a great move. people should not treat their elderly like we see going on in the West where the elderly are sent to old age homes to be forgotten and die alone.

These is good and will keep the "daughter in laws" in check with their manners.

Granted, there will be a few mother in laws that may deserve eviction but on balance, to me, this is a good move.

These is good and will keep the "daughter in laws" in check with their manners.

Granted, there will be a few mother in laws that may deserve eviction but on balance, to me, this is a good move.
If someone has a problem with mother in law should get her own house or asked husband to get a separate house

The best thing I have ever heard in a while now prosecute those who leave their mothers on the street.

luckily i dont know anyone that has kicked their elderly out of their home. but we all know it happens and read about it in the papers.

Good move if parents are genuinely being oppressed. These days even the mother in laws are rough, they like to do their politics on daughter in law, try to control sons and get the daughter in law kicked out. So good news for some and bad for some, always the innocent get caught in the middle.

:coffee:

I don't fully agree with this

• As Harsh as it may seem but Parents should plan for their own Welfare and not be burden on their children

I do welcome my parent's company however in ideal circumstances Parents should plan for their own retirement
and Similarly People should Try to stand on their own feet after age of 15 and get a a Job and Get educated so they don't hinder their Parents with their own problems.

My statement does not imply anything about kicking my own parents out however in the world different situations arise and they are complex , I am grateful for their company

Complex stuff can happen in world

Example 1
If Person A was a Lazy Bum , and wasted money on Gambling , and their kids some how build a home after never living with their Lazy Bum parent, Person A may come and squat on a Kid's home and take over

Example 2
Person B , ran away from her marriage , leaving the Husband / Child to be with the Person C , after 20 years First Husband Dies and Child at that point owns a Apartment, one day the Child opens door and well here is Person B , his mother shows up at his door and demands the keys to Apartment

Example 3
Father /Mother - owned home , son or daughter took over ownership and now they are evicting parents
or the classic Saas Bahoo problem. Shared home or Child owns the home

Life is not simple as apples and oranges :big_boss:

Last edited:
(64.00)
باب مَا لِلرَّجُلِ مِنْ مَالِ وَلَدِهِ

(64)
Chapter: What A Man Is Entitled To Of His Son’s Property

حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا يُوسُفُ بْنُ إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْمُنْكَدِرِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، أَنَّ رَجُلاً، قَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ لِي مَالاً وَوَلَدًا وَإِنَّ أَبِي يُرِيدُ أَنْ يَجْتَاحَ مَالِي فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ أَنْتَ وَمَالُكَ لأَبِيكَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It was narrated from Jabir bin 'Abdullah that a man said:
"O Messenger of Allah, I have wealth and a son, and my father wants to take all my wealth." He said: "You and your wealth belong to your father."

Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)
Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 2291
In-book reference : Book 12, Hadith 155
English translation : Vol. 3, Book 12, Hadith 2291
Report Error | Share | Copy ▼

• As Harsh as it may seem but Parents should plan for their own Welfare and not be burden on their children

I do welcome my parent's company however in ideal circumstances Parents should plan for their own retirement
and Similarly People should Try to stand on their own feet after age of 15 and get a a Job and Get educated
1620530054716.png

and Similarly People should Try to stand on their own feet after age of 15 and get a a Job and Get educated so they don't hinder their Parents with their own problems.

Example
If Person A was a Lazy Bum , and wasted money on Gambling , and their kids some how build a home after never living with their Lazy Bum parent, Person A may come and squat on a Kid's home and take over

Life is not simple as apples and oranges

I want to open a law firm just to help your father get all your taxable income.

Bacha ke dikhao apna bahria ka plot

President Arif Alvi issued on Saturday the Parents Protection Ordinance, 2021 that aims to protect parents from forced eviction by their children.

Under the ordinance, evicting parents will be a punishable offense. Those found guilty may face a prison term up to one year or fine, or both.

President Alvi issued the ordinance under Article 89 of the constitution.

Parents will have the right to evict their children in case they own the property, according to the ordinance. But children may not evict parents even if they owned the house or paid the rent.

Children will have to vacate home in case they are given a written notice by their parents, it says.

They may have to face one-month imprisonment or fine, or both for failing to vacate it after being served a notice.

The deputy commissioner will have the powers to evict children. They could be arrested by the police without warrants after filing of a complaint by the parents.

The arrested individuals will be presented before a magistrate and both sides reserve the right to appeal.

------------------------------------------------

this is a great move. people should not treat their elderly like we see going on in the West where the elderly are sent to old age homes to be forgotten and die alone.
Lots of parents live in Edhi center where children dump them ..
More I know more I love this guy ...

Back
Top Bottom