What's new

Pakistan Elections 2018: News and Discussions

Bilawal Bhutto stuck in Layari... Crowds of local people throwing stones at his election convoy and chanting demands to give water or leave.

upload_2018-7-1_15-12-59.png

Why are you here now after 5 years? What have you done for us? Voters asking former federal minister of PMLN BalighurRehman:

Bilawal’s convoy attacked with stones during visit to Lyari
By News Desk
Published: July 1, 2018
8SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1747343-image_uploaded_from_ios-1530446350-640x480.jpg

Bilalwal Bhutto Zardari in Lyari. PHOTO: EXPRESS

image_uploaded_from_ios-1-1530447143.jpg
1747343-image_uploaded_from_ios-1530446350-160x120.jpg

Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s convoy came under attack as many angry protestors pelted stones at his convoy on Sunday during his second visit to Lyari.

Express News visuals showed PPP workers hurling back stones at the angry protestors.

image_uploaded_from_ios-1-1530447143.jpg

PHOTO: EXPRESS

As a result, his convoy was stuck amidst the ongoing chaos. There were no reports of any injuries.

Meanwhile, Bilawal Bhutto’s spokesperson, Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar, in a statement assured that the PPP election campaign will continue in Sindh.

He requested party workers to remain peaceful saying the violence will not be responded to with violence.

Khokar further asked the police and Ranger to ensure peace and also requested the Election Commission of Pakistan to take notice of the incident.

On Saturday, the youth of Lyari welcomed PPP chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari amid chants of “Na mir ka na pir ka, vote hai teer ka” and songs as he inaugurated his election office in Lyari’s NA-246 to launch his campaign in the area.

Bilawal kicks off election campaign from Karachi

Amid tight security, the PPP leader reached the area after offering Fateha at the Abdul Shah Ghanzi Mazar and the dargah of Hazrat Mohammad Shah Dulha Sabzwari in Lyari. He was accompanied by former chief minister Murad Ali Shah, Sherry Rehman, Nabil Gabol, Saeed Ghani, Waqar Mehdi, Khalil Hoath and other leaders of the party.

Addressing the people gathered outside his election office, he said, “I want to inform you that your son [Bilawal] is contesting the election from this area.”

In his brief speech, he said, “I will be working with you directly to redress your issues as my mother struggled for the rights of the people of this country and I will continue her mission.”

Back
Top Bottom