What's new

Pakistan Deal for Chinese J-10 Fighters Uncertain

There are two caveats. First, we must get a good deal on F-16s. If that is not possible, then we should steer clear of them. Second, one day F-16s are going to retire. What would replace them, if not J-10? Surely, one can not expect our JF-17 to be able to replace -16s.

Yes, but that day doesn't have to be too soon. The F-16 has tremendous upgrade potential, and can be quite a handful for most countries. (Except for the USA, they have to remain at the cutting edge all the time.)

It's not like PAF or IAF is entering an all 5th gen era any time soon. F-16s can be very useful to the PAF for a long time to come.

Yes, but that day doesn't have to be too soon. The F-16 has tremendous upgrade potential, and can be quite a handful for most countries. (Except for the USA, they have to remain at the cutting edge all the time.)

It's not like PAF or IAF is entering an all 5th gen era any time soon. F-16s can be very useful to the PAF for a long time to come.

US program is underway upgrading large number of F-16s with AESA. F-16s are going no where for the next 15 years. Atleast Air National Guards are going to operate them for a very long time.

US program is underway upgrading large number of F-16s with AESA. F-16s are going no where for the next 15 years. Atleast Air National Guards are going to operate them for a very long time.

I'm glad to hear it. It's a shame to not put them through an AESA and other upgrades for a decade. Get them up to block 60 standards, and they are more than a match for almost any enemy air force. And with their immense AEWAC and other assets...

real question is that can we get second hand f-16s, if yes..then price of f-16s second hand will be similar to that of j-10s..
so its possible PAF might get a few f-16s and focus on increasing jf-17 instead

real question is that can we get second hand f-16s, if yes..then price of f-16s second hand will be similar to that of j-10s..
so its possible PAF might get a few f-16s and focus on increasing jf-17 instead

It's possible, but why would PAF seek more F-16s when it can't even use them half the time because of the US restrictions.

Obviously as PAF seeing J-31s now and it might be possible that PAC had joined it but if not then they will going to join that program as it shares the same engine that is present on JF-17s too.

I am sure that in near future there will be 250-300 JF-17s and 100+ J-31s...

Did you have problems using them?
Didnt know that,could you explain?

The US is both afraid that Pakistan will use it to help China's aviation industry progress and that PAF will use it for other purposes than defense against India. This is why the US has regular inspections of Pakistani F-16s and was a high priority condition to get the block 52s. The nice thing about China is that as long you promise not to share it's technology without permission, it doesn't care what you use it's weapons systems for.

The US is both afraid that Pakistan will use it to help China's aviation industry progress and that PAF will use it for other purposes than defense against India. This is why the US has regular inspections of Pakistani F-16s and was a high priority condition to get the block 52s. The nice thing about China is that as long you promise not to share it's technology without permission, it doesn't care what you use it's weapons systems for.
This doesnt explain that you cant use the F-16s half the time.
The US has to provide Pakistan with whatever Pakistan needs,there is the losing Pakistan for good to China factor.
Lets be clear if China wanted Pakistan would provide(not officially) all they wanted about the F-16,and the US knows this.
Knowing this the US still trying to keep Pakistan close,this must tell you something.
The US knows about Pakistan/China relations and still provided F-16s,why would the US do that?

This doesnt explain that you cant use the F-16s half the time.
The US has to provide Pakistan with whatever Pakistan needs,there is the losing Pakistan for good to China factor.
Lets be clear if China wanted Pakistan would provide(not officially) all they wanted about the F-16,and the US knows this.
Knowing this the US still trying to keep Pakistan close,this must tell you something.
The US knows about Pakistan/China relations and still provided F-16s,why would the US do that?

They're providing the F-16s BECAUSE they don't want to lose Pakistan to China, but that doesn't mean they're willing to risk their technology. From what I know, the US does regular inventory count along with inspection checks, and has the PAF keep the F-16s in special areas to keep an eye on them.

All I said was that they're doing this, I never said that this type of thought and action was rational or logical.

I dont think so that deal is scrap. we know our neighbours are spending billions so i think we have the capacity to spend millions on our AIRFORCE

Can't believe because of just one article So much Discussion. The Jets are coming next year. If the deal was to be cancelled that would have been the case only if The production wasn't even started ! The production has started The jets might get little let that like by end of next year but they are coming.

As I said before if j10 didn't came which is worst scenario which wont happened FYI. But if they won't come then dudes let me make myself clear that JF17 Has all the potential to Carry any EW to Weapon suite that j10 carry The Blueprints are Identical in terms of avionics. There is a consideration of equipping jf17 with J10b style suite. ofcourse it will hit 30-35 million dollar prize tag but it is better than j10 IMHO. J10b if comes good if doesn't come there wont be end of the pakistan. My humple opinion is just focus on upgrading heavily the jf17 and wait for 5th generation j31.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom