What's new

Pakistan Covid-19 discussions among professionals

jericho

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Good show IMO involving Professional dealing with Covid-19 in Pakistan :

1) Dr Atta-ur-Rahman (Chairman PM Task Force on Science and Technology)
2) Dr Muhammad Mukhtar (Virologist and VC National Skills University)
3) Dr Javed Akram (VC Lahore Medical University and Chairman Clinical Trial Comittee)
4) Dr Naqeeb Khalid (Biodata Research Founder)

Some points mentioned (please watch the video for better understanding, couldn't write everything)

- Dr Ataa Ur Rehman : Not enough data, low testing, only 3- 4 thousand tests daily, 20 thousand suspected cases at the moment, confirmed cases can reach 1 lakh in few weeks , N95 mask local manufacturing will start soon, lot of ventilators in the country need repairs/need trained technicians, Pakistan have the aggressive type of virus but there has been mutations (still aggressive type)

- Dr Javed Akram : Cases are local transmissions mostly, underestimating death toll because lack of testing, people who died without testing are not considered in the numbers, N95 mask being produced, PPE have been made (sent to Balochistan), grant made available for industry driven research, only 0.7 ventilators per 100 thousand people available in Pakistan (very low)

- Dr Naqeeb Khalid : Able to make local test kits (50000+ in a month) but need infrastructure, the need to trust and empower local researchers and scientists who are qualified

- Dr Muhammad Mukhtar : Virologist are stressed, this virus hijacks the body it infects, 2 type ( S and L) , one of them is most aggressive (same as Wuhan) and the other is less (USA has both), still determining which type is in Pakistan, making of vaccine can be difficult

- Emphasize on the need of having science program on TV since there is already 4 hours politics show every night

Lahore City has become real hot zone now. Where are all the kit, masks going to, Lahore city's DHA, Bharia town, Wapda Town, Thokar, Johar Town are hot bed areas of fast cornavirus spreading.

They said vaccine is difficult, that worries me. The whole world needs to come together and collaborate, without collaboration, many countries will waste time and resources doing similar things. Its better to cooperate and collaborate so that efficient research can be done. If a vaccine is hard to come by then focus on anti virals or blockers.

They said vaccine is difficult, that worries me. The whole world needs to come together and collaborate, without collaboration, many countries will waste time and resources doing similar things. Its better to cooperate and collaborate so that efficient research can be done. If a vaccine is hard to come by then focus on anti virals or blockers.

I wish to be wrong but i am also skeptical for how's it gonna be for vaccination. There is no vaccine for SARS, MERS and it's been 17 years since sars outbreak and 7 years for mers. May Allah be the protector

Emphasize on the need of having science program on TV since there is already 4 hours politics show every night
That's it right there.

We need one party rule. Fk democracy. Find a single benevolent dictator who is immune to Indian and American manipulation. Let him rule for life and revive our industries, technologies and agriculture.

I'm not even joking.

They said vaccine is difficult, that worries me.
I heard some US companies (Johnson & Johnson) say that vaccine could take up about 1 year to be made. Other than that, there are several countries doing testing on several drugs based on WHO, there were news around last month about few countries selected to do testing on a drug called "remdesivir", I am not sure about the progress though

I wish to be wrong but i am also skeptical for how's it gonna be for vaccination. There is no vaccine for SARS, MERS and it's been 17 years since sars outbreak and 7 years for mers. May Allah be the protector
I didn't know there is no vaccine for SARS, MERS, etc or whether the reason for that is because of lack of work after they faded out, I would think that because of the scale of damage done by Covid (in terms of economy) and the amount of influential people infected (ministers,royals, senators, politicians and their family members in UK, Monaco, Italy, Iran, Pakistan, Canada, US, Saudi), there will be more motivation and funding to get a vaccine for this virus

Because the commercial interest was lost for that vaccine as pandemic stopped

Back
Top Bottom