What's new

Pakistan could become failed state: minister

Salahadin

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: India’s home minister has said Pakistan is threatening to become a failed state and it is not clear who was in control of the country, the Press Trust of India (PTI) reported on Friday. “It (Pakistan) is not a failed state, but it is threatening to become one,” Palaniappan Chidambaram said at a seminar in Mumbai. “A great concern is weighing on our minds. In Pakistan, with regret, I would say we don’t know who is in control there. Whether it is the army or the president or the government,” Chidambaram was quoted as saying. agencies

Chidambaram has said this before many times what an Idiot

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

It's the same old rhetoric that's been going on since the creation of Pakistan.

How about this ... The United states now owe more than 800 BILLION dollars to China. Their economy is in shambles. Their fighting two Wars for the past 9 years now and haven't been able to achieve any milestone victory. Death toll of the American military is rising daily and the one's returning with disabilities and mental trauma are causing HIGH suicides, proving the devastating effects of war on their people. Health system in the united states is one of the worst in the world and yet, they're the current Superpower in the world. Does that mean that they're a failed state?

Point is, EVERY country has their indigenous problems. Whichever way you look around, You'll see a GLOBAL smog of "Uncertainty". We've survived through an even worse turmoil. If we could put ourselves back on our feet with a broken leg in '71, then InshAllah there's no doubt that we'll rise once again.

These bull**** claims won't stop coming in. Yes, they do tend to dishearten us from time to time, but don't let that stop you from "Believing" in your country, yourself, and your Pakistani nation.

Send another "Failed State" claim down my way. As long as it makes our enemies happy, Who are we to complain?

I think he says clearly that Pakistan is NOT a failed state right now but is threatening to become one.

And you wont disagree Berzerk that the peace deals and letting Taliban run free in NWFP, etc is not the best way forward. Hopefully things will change soon, but they arent looking good right now.

I think he says clearly that Pakistan is NOT a failed state right now but is threatening to become one.

And you wont disagree Berzerk that the peace deals and letting Taliban run free in NWFP, etc is not the best way forward. Hopefully things will change soon, but they arent looking good right now.

Yes, It doesn't say that we are a failed state, but that we're on the "Path" to a failed state. These statements are the reason why a "General" perception about Pakistan of an Indian, Is that we're a "Failed" state. Internet communities are quite important to analyse this perception because now every common Man/Woman can voice his "true" feelings and opinions without any limitations.

As far as the SWAT deal is concerned, I think we have a separate thread for that topic and we've discussed thoroughly about the Pros and cons of that deal. If we Balance them against each other, it could either be a positive or a negative development. Depends on what the "Individual" is looking for out of that deal.

Well if we are not already thanks to our politicians, we will become soon. These thugs are hell bent in destroying the country in their power struggle. India as usual is just taking undue advantage of the situation. Can't blame them for that.

Last edited:
I donno about India/Foreign Minister but I found:

Failed States List

Failed States according to the "Failed States Index 2008" of Foreign Policy
177 states were included in the list, of which 35 were classified as "alert", 92 as "warning", 35 as "moderate", 15 as "sustainable". The worst 20 states are shown below. Change in rank from 2007 is shown in parentheses.[17]

1. Somalia (+2)
2. Sudan (-1)
3. Zimbabwe (+1)
4. Chad (+1)
5. Iraq (-3)
6. Democratic Republic of the Congo (+1)
7. Afghanistan (+1)
8. Côte d'Ivoire (-2)
9. Pakistan (+3)
10. Central African Republic (0)
11. Guinea (-2)
12. Bangladesh (+4)
13. Burma/Myanmar(+2)
14. Haiti (-3)
15. North Korea (-2)
16. Ethiopia (+2)
16. Uganda (-1)
18. Lebanon (+10)[18]
18. Nigeria (-1)
20. Sri Lanka (+5)[19]
Failed state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other then that, the honorable Indian minster needs to stay the **** out of Pakistani affairs and go do his own job which last I check didn't include foreign matters.

:woot: I agree... Chidambaram, Mukherjee are equivalent to "CRAP" to me. They are a disgrace for India because they just like to put their finger into other people's affairs or post rubbish.

^^ I'm with u on that mate!
:pdf:

There are dozens of lists for "Failed States" and few of them agree on the same rankings, go look here
http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/110386.pdf

Other then that, the honorable Indian minster needs to stay the **** out of Pakistani affairs and go do his own job which last I check didn't include foreign matters.

Mr Chidambaram is not getting involved in pakistans internal matters... wat he said was his perception about pakistan ... and he was just sending a message to indian public about wat govt feels about pakistan... did he adivse your officials for anything in your internal matters?? so how does he gets involved in your internal matters???? He has enough Job on his hand other than to get invoulved in **** going on in pak...

And regarding pak being a failed state everybody in world knows that pak is a failed state including u and people of pak. whether u say it publically or not u know it deep inside u.... situation is gettin worse in pak day by day last two decades... i don think it will improve... so don be shocked if USA invades your country send u ppl back to stone AGE

Mr Chidambaram is not getting involved in pakistans internal matters... wat he said was his perception about pakistan ... and he was just sending a message to indian public about wat govt feels about pakistan... did he adivse your officials for anything in your internal matters?? so how does he gets involved in your internal matters???? He has enough Job on his hand other than to get invoulved in **** going on in pak...

He is a public official, his job does not include calling another state a failure. What comes out of his mouth, is what the Indian govt feels. His tone is what makes the peace process between Pakistan and India slower.

If he "has enough job on his hand", then why the hell is he saying stuff about Pakistan? You want me to go look up his job description for you?

And regarding pak being a failed state everybody in world knows that pak is a failed state including u and people of pak. whether u say it publically or not u know it deep inside u.... situation is gettin worse in pak day by day last two decades... i don think it will improve... so don be shocked if USA invades your country send u ppl back to stone AGE

Listen mate take this stupid mentality out of your head if you think USA can do this or do that right now USA is digging deeper and deeper into recession they can hardly afford any more wars and war with Pakistan will be armageddon USA war machine will be broken in pieces right now Pakistan has a pathetic and weak government unable to stand up to the Americans.

Please dont try to spin the facts with your comments the situation has not been getting worse in Pakistan before 9-11 there was peace everywhere in Pakistan its only the start of 2007 when things really started to get out of control maybe you can try to fool other people with your perception but not me.

You are an Indian member of a Pakistani forum!

You are free to express yourself here, but to do not abuse this freedom.

Agressive, abusive, threatening texts will not be tolerated, as this does nothing to add to the discussion except inciting others to flame!

Consider this a warning!

Back
Top Bottom