What's new

Pakistan builds parts for TAI ANKA Drone.

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan, which has for much of the past decade has sought to acquire unmanned aerial vehicles (UCAV), a platform used by the US in Pakistan despite numerous protests by the government, has started export of drone parts.On Monday, officials at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra handed over the first batch of parts created for the Turkish UAV (ANKA) to the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI) in a ceremony held during the International Defence Exhibition and Fair (IDEF) at Istanbul, Turkey.After the signing ceremony, President and CEO of TAI Muharrem Dortkasli expressed his satisfaction on the skill and knowledge possessed by PAC, Kamra for undertaking such assignments.Dortkasli expressed that many more collaborations would be undertaken in the future as well.Pakistan has been seeking access to drones and has experimented in indigenously constructing drones.

ANKA UAV:

34sfhao.jpg

Man PAC is good! ... does tht mean we will be getting ANKA?

Heres the link:
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...r2WDuPo3lQnSX_WMb8A3QSQ&bvm=bv.46471029,d.ZG4

doesnt matter if it was studs for Anka's body, kinda collaborations must be supported among allies.

@RayKalm
TAI itself was founded to produce F16 parts and assembly of the plane in Turkey. Everything started with the experience gained on F16s. I'm not sure about the scale of this deal between TAI and PAC but it should give PAC some experience regarding UAV production so it's terrific :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@RayKalm
TAI itself was founded to produce F16 parts and assembly of the plane in Turkey. Everything started with the experience gained on F16s. I'm not sure about the scale of this deal between TAI and PAC but it should give PAC some experience regarding UAV production so it's terrific :)

PAC has been building UAVs since years now....,they also build super mushak Recon planes,K-8P trainers,avionics for JF-17s,among other things... like its overhauling factories for Mirages,F-7PGs,F-16s etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
PAC has been building UAVs since years now....,they also build super mushak Recon planes,K-8P trainers,avionics for JF-17s,among other things... like its overhauling factories for Mirages,F-7PGs,F-16s etc...
I know and I'm not sure if the parts they've produced for TAI were anymore complex than that they've been producing before but sure it must be a good experience because ANKA's a pretty advanced UAV.

I know and I'm not sure if the parts they've produced for TAI were anymore complex than that they've been producing before but sure it must be a good experience because ANKA's a pretty advanced UAV.

My frnd are you telling me tht Pakistan produced parts of a UAV thts not even in service under ToT? Also do remember the Pakistan transfered the composite armour tech with Turkey aswell... developed by GIDs.... also building a 4th gen jet is more complex than a UAV...

I'm ceasing this discussion because you're making it sound like as if I'm underestimating what you did so far.

I'm ceasing this discussion because you're making it sound like as if I'm underestimating what you did so far.

Sorry brother... but here... this might clear some air:
President and CEO of TAI Muharrem Dortkasli expressed his satisfaction on the skill and knowledge possessed by PAC, Kamra for undertaking such assignments.Dortkasli expressed that many more collaborations would be undertaken in the future as well.

Back
Top Bottom