What's new

Pakistan becomes major player in world research

Hyperion-

Iran has been a civilization for over 8000 years, 7900 years of which was without oil. We are home to one of the great civilizations of the world and made mass contribution to science and maths long time before your country was even made. What is Pakistan famous for? terrorism? mass immigration in country's like uk?

Comparing Pakistan to Iran is nothing but a Joke, Iran even all the sanctions, still is light years ahead of Pakistan in science and technology. I don't think it was because of oil that Persians were a major player in the Islamic golden age and responsible for majority of the work in science and technology. You can blame your backwardness on energy, but reality lies elsewhere ;)

you sound very much like an Indian, why cant you congratulate your Muslim brothers?
scientific achievement is for all mankind

While you were a civilization, what were we? Ever heard of the Mughal Empire and the ones that predated them? Various civilizations which predate the damn Egyptians, any news about them? No no. I have seen your kind and dealt with your people, nothing more than chauvinists. Btw, I have also dealt with your so called scientists, nothing but pure stupidity at it's best. Only people you are better than (maybe) are the Arabs.

Other than all those things, as a civilization, you are also very puny. I could squash two of you with one hand. :D

Hyperion-

Iran has been a civilization for over 8000 years, 7900 years of which was without oil. We are home to one of the great civilizations of the world and made mass contribution to science and maths long time before your country was even made. What is Pakistan famous for? terrorism? mass immigration in country's like uk?

Comparing Pakistan to Iran is nothing but a Joke, Iran even all the sanctions, still is light years ahead of Pakistan in science and technology. I don't think it was because of oil that Persians were a major player in the Islamic golden age and responsible for majority of the work in science and technology. You can blame your backwardness on energy, but reality lies elsewhere ;)

Hyperion-

Is that before or after Israel pounded Arabs in 6 days? Where were the almighty Iranians, sophisticated, most intelligent beings of the world?

Ground realities, you are under sanctions, economy on the brink of collapse. You are at the mercy of the world. With no nukes as leverage you might as well be Afghanistan.

So before you go around telling everyone how superior you are to everyone else go read the news and remind yourself you are just a human.

you sound very much like an Indian, why cant you congratulate your Muslim brothers?
scientific achievement is for all mankind

I am an Iranians and not a muslim. I congratulate real scientific achievements where it is due, not some badly made propaganda.

Dude, you have serious issues my man. Indian civilization = Present day (India + Pakistan + Bangladesh + Burma etc etc etc) Are you really short on comprehension skills, or is it just a front so that I can't assess your real IQ. If it is, what it is, you need to take lessons from a learned chimp. Their IQ sometimes does touch 88.

Hyperion-

Pakistan has a civilization which pre-dates Egypt? Pakistan history is stolen from the Indians. Indus ally is an Indian civilization which you are trying to claim as yours. Pakistanis are very insignificant in reality. No real history, You language is just a mixture of Persian and Hindu. You guys create nothing but suicide bombers, even in that you are helped by the saudis :rofl:

I lived in the UK for years, and they use "P-aki" as an insult. The only place where you guys can act proud is on the internet.
In real life, you're nothing.

Even in this forum, the word P-AKI is filtered out, lmao.

I apologize for acting immature. It if was wrong of me to do that.
Please accept my apology.

Congratulation to Pakistan.

Hyperion-

Pakistan has a civilization which pre-dates Egypt? Pakistan history is stolen from the Indians. Indus ally is an Indian civilization which you are trying to claim as yours. Pakistanis are very insignificant in reality. No real history, You language is just a mixture of Persian and Hindu. You guys create nothing but suicide bombers, even in that you are helped by the saudis :rofl:

I lived in the UK for years, and they use "P-aki" as an insult. The only place where you guys can act proud is on the internet.
In real life, you're nothing.

Even in this forum, the word P-AKI is filtered out, lmao.

Iran is a mullah dictatorship. You are unable to share power and ownership amongst your people yet you talk about how superior you are to Pakistan?

You refuse to grant basic human rights to your population in the form of giving them a choice to select their own ruler free of bias.

Your history was a thousand years ago, this is 2013. And in 2013 you are a dictatorship. You are not part of the nuclear club. Weak airforce. Under sanctions, majority of the world thinks you are a bunch of racists and fundamentalists.

There are 2 things you can do, remove this attiude of self proclaimed superiority, become humble and collaborate with the world. Perhaps then your attitude will change also.

Iranians think they are the most intelligent beings in the world.

In reality they are outsiders with their strange views and aggressive overtures. Egomaniacs. Alongside this they are racists.

First learn diplomacy then talk science.

actually they are still proud of Rustum………:rofl:
well there is much more capability here even guyz with 81% can't get admission……

Today Pakistan is publishing more research papers per capita than India.

I really do not understand why INDIA was pitched in this equation ... INDIA is hardly a benchmark of Higher Education!!!

None the less, this data is inline with the prevailing trend. Just read through some of the older Articles of Dr.Pervez Hoodbhoy, specially "How Greed Ruins Academia".

Here is a extract (Courtesy : OutLook):

This horrible mess comes from a misguided HEC policy that emphasised numbers over all else. The number of PhD students registered at various universities, including QAU, was purposely made to explode. But many PhD students, perhaps because of their poor schooling, are not good enough as PhD material. Under pressure to maintain a minimal standard for PhD students, the HEC finally decreed a pass-mark of 40 percentile in the international GRE subject test.

The GRE test is fairly elementary and pitched only at the Bachelor's level (i.e. 16 years of education). It has, however, proved to be too difficult for many Pakistani PhD students even at the end of their PhD studies. In spite of several tries, most cannot meet the 40 percentile pass mark, an extremely low level. But it is common for Indian, Chinese and Iranian students to score twice as much at the beginning of their studies.

Why the urgency for eliminating international testing? This is easily understood. Each professor gets paid a few lakh rupees per PhD produced, with a current maximum of 10 students per supervisor at QAU. Lifting the GRE requirement removes a threat to the additional income of their supervisors. To keep up appearances, from now on a token internal test will be used instead. It is hard to imagine that any student will be allowed to fail. While the decision of the professors to do away with international testing has been greeted with relief by many enrolled PhD students at QAU, among better students there is a sense of foreboding of an endless downward slide.

Just read through the article and you understand why our respective countries *might* be having more research papers ... but lack big time in quality!

lols this surely would be happening because during my stay in Masters every student has to write two research papers and then publish them to earn the grade. So almost all were publishing here and there. This is the HEC figure for their recognized journals only. More than 30,000 Papers are being published every year by Pakistani researchers in different sectors and journals. Very few of them are recognized by the HEC. That is the drawback.

Back
Top Bottom