What's new

Pakistan attack: Deadly raid on Peshawar power plant

Star Wars

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan attack: Deadly raid on Peshawar power plant

At least seven people have been killed in an attack by dozens of militants on an electricity plant in the Pakistani city of Peshawar, officials say.

A policeman and a plant employee were killed on the spot and 10 people were taken hostage, police said.

Five bodies were later recovered from a nearby field but the whereabouts of the five remaining hostages are unknown.

No group has said it carried out the raid, but the Taliban frequently launch attacks in the region.

The attack temporarily disrupted power to parts of the city - the supply has now been restored.

The assault by heavily armed militants took place in the early hours of Tuesday in the southern Badh Bher suburb of the city, an area frequently targeted by militants, correspondents say.

"They attacked the power station at around 02:30 (2130 GMT Monday). They killed two officials on the spot and abducted 10 others," Javed Khan, a senior police official in the area, told Agence France-Presse news agency.

The BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad says that there had been fears militants would step up attacks in advance of elections to be held in May.

BBC News - Pakistan attack: Deadly raid on Peshawar power plant

the name that comes.in my mind is ttp.

RIP to the dead

There is a thread terrorism incidents in Pakistan and we Pakistani's are aware of every incident happening than why Indians oblige to post every other incident in a dedicated thread?

what will be purpose of attaking power plant

What is the purpose of any terrorist activity in any country, to disrupt its life, and economy. So this is another step in that direction. The ttps activities were always meant to disrupt and destroy life in Pakistan, and this is just another step in that direction.

well clearly the TTP now has shown it is a foreign aided militia aiming to disrupt and ambush pakistani infrastructure! sadly they are executing their plan well!!! i mean blowing up a power plant is beyond any sense!

well clearly the TTP now has shown it is a foreign aided militia aiming to disrupt and ambush pakistani infrastructure! sadly they are executing their plan well!!! i mean blowing up a power plant is beyond any sense!

Unfortunately our leaders are too busy pulling off a ttp on us but in a stealthy way, by looting us dry. So now how can they kill something that they themselves are party too.

Well it can make sense either way.

If they are doing it at the behest of foreigners, then you can say that a foreign power wants to destroy Pakistan's infrastructure.

If they are doing it for their own cause, then you can think of it as classic asymmetric warfare. Rather than attack military targets and degrade the enemy's military might, they attack civilian infrastructure like power plants, thereby degrading the enemy's WILL TO fight. Since both sides' military capabilities are asymmetric, with the Pakistan military having overwhelming superiority over the TTP or BLA or whoever did this, there is no way for those groups to wage a conventional war. But by carrying out repeated attacks like these, the morale of the population can be eroded. Plunging an entire region into darkness by destroying a power station, and repeated attacks like that, will eventually convince the population that normalcy is not possible without giving concessions to these groups. Repeated attacks like these will degrade people's standard of living. On the other hand, military operations against such groups will necessarily lead to curtailment of civil liberties for people living there. So in either case, the people will suffer. Also, it takes a lot of money for the state to replace the power plant, and that is money that cannot be spent on the military. So that is also indirectly a military victory.

So just because they attack a power plant, does not necessarily mean that they are doing it for the sake of another country. Such attacks are part and parcel of unconventional warfare or asymmetric warfare, whether the belligerent group is doing it for themselves, or for another country.

Pakistan don't need foreign hand.. I am sure you know it deep under your heart..

at Topic: Attacking power plants , hydro plants etc are lame idea. I don't know what those guys were thinking that time.. :what:

Pakistan don't need foreign hand.. I am sure you know it deep under your heart..

at Topic: Attacking power plants , hydro plants etc are lame idea. I don't know what those guys were thinking that time.. :what:

THEY WERE THINKING WHAT I SAID BEFORE! working on foreign agenda! because clearly assymetrical warfare or whatever explaination you give it makes no sense to plunge a whole area into darkness! how can it have any aim?

This is kinda obvious it is foreign stuff...Because local people would not break infrastructure as they want to be in power so would not want to rebuild the whole CITY...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom