What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

1600379998080.png

"Cold start here we come......
Wait who the hell is that guy"?

1600380251305.png

"Oh not to worry just some Chinese junk"

1600380324302.png

"Hey everything went black, there's flames and smoke everywhere. Are we in Lahore yet"?
"No sir, we never got started in the first place. I think we need to get rid of the word cold and maybe have something less menacing, how about 'might' start"?

Attachments

• 1600379953256.png
    1600379953256.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 39
Pakistan's tank logistics must be a challenge with AZ, AK, T80UD, Type85, Type59 and Type69 tanks plus now VT4

7 DIFFERENT TANKS IN in a army of 650000 troops

Pakistan need to convert all type 85 59 69 into track IFV or AK standard and mass produce VT-4 . it will reduced logistics nightmare.

Pakistan's tank logistics must be a challenge with AZ, AK, T80UD, Type85, Type59 and Type69 tanks plus now VT4

It's to the contrary as AK and UD use 6td series while Chinese mbts use variants of the same engine. We also rebuild and maintain them all in-house

Pakistan need to convert all type 85 59 69 into track IFV or AK standard and mass produce VT-4 . it will reduced logistics nightmare.

It's to the contrary as AK and UD use 6td series while Chinese mbts use variants of the same engine. We also rebuild and maintain them all in-house

Their should be a gradual phasing out of Type 59 & 69 by shifting it to our Rangers and Border Forces they can act as armor/artillery against militants especially in Baluchistan. We need to better equip them and get rid of those Toyota trucks etc.

@PanzerKiel

It has more to do with the varied terrain our country has. Different types of terrain require different types of tanks having different characteristics.

I remember reading in some thread a while back about the in-house upgrades/maintenance of all these tank types PA operates. There seems to be at least some degree of commonality in some parts. If I find it...I'll link it. I think it's a sticky thread and the posts were by @Dazzler or was it @HRK ...it's been a while.
Pak operates hundreds of M113s already. Depleting tank strength rn wouldn't be good. Tensions are high...and if Pak would convert it's hundreds of type 85/69/59 into IFV...I doubt Pak can afford to replace those numbers with new acquisitions of either AK1 or VT4.

It would be better to rebuild/upgrade the M113 IFVs into Viper...little by little. The remaining type 59/69 that didn't get upgraded to AZ standard should be upgraded to AZ standard. AZ can probably go toe to toe with Indian T72s.
It has more to do with the varied terrain our country has. Different types of terrain require different types of tanks having different characteristics.
IMO two types should suffice...a heavier one like VT4 and an AK like or slightly lighter tank(like AZ) should suffice for a majority of Pak's terrain towards the eastern border.

To put numbers...
Heavy tank: e.g. VT4 is IIRC 52 tons
Light tank: e.g. AK(46 tons) OR AZ(44 tons)

It doesn't have to be these tanks specifically...I'm just using these bcuz they are currently serving in the PA in various terrains. For the lighter tank(e.g. AK) a 1200hp engine is sufficient IMO(perhaps can use increased torque)...
...for the heavier tank a 1500hp engine would be better IMO.

If Pak can streamline its various tanks to just two types(in the long term) as discussed above...I think it should cover a majority of the terrain types.

Last edited:

What variant are we having, ERA (Explosive Reactive Armor) Level FY-4 providing protection against Tandem Warhead ammunition or FY-2 Non Tandem protection ERA ?

i believe type 59 & 69 will be go as soon as they replacement are available, AZ may also leave if replacement available
so it is going to be t80, t85, AK, AZ and vt4

still too many types..AK numbers need to be reamped up so it can replace all old types with VT4 being the the heavy type

Their should be a gradual phasing out of Type 59 & 69 by shifting it to our Rangers and Border Forces they can act as armor/artillery against militants especially in Baluchistan. We need to better equip them and get rid of those Toyota trucks etc.

@PanzerKiel

Type 59 and 69 are already making their way to FC and border forces in Pak Afghan region. Nowadays you can see tanks stationed near some check posts to teach Afghans their place. With 100mm gun both these tanks are perfect to keep afghan in place. Funny thing is that some older tanks have been converted into stationary gun positions on pak afghan border.

IMO two types should suffice...a heavier one like VT4 and an AK like or slightly lighter tank(like AZ) should suffice for a majority of Pak's terrain towards the eastern border.
We have to look for armor requirements of western borders of FATA and Balochistan as well. Thats where old tanks become handy.

Maintaining tanks and its supply chain is not as difficult as aircrafts. Aircrafts requires highly trained maintenance staff and even a minute fault can result in loss of whole machine. On the contrary tank is much less sophisticated systems when comes to maintenance (In comparison to aircraft). Furthermore, contrary to aircrafts tanks shares alot of common items irrespective of the make.

nope... all this noise on just an unconfirmed report.. no VT-4 arrived Pakistan no Sh-15 has been bought so all cool
Both are being bought and you may never hear anything until shown in some parade or exercise. Pakistan has now this new policy of keep weapons procurement kept secret specially ones bought from China and Russia and few more countries which are not that big on democracy and other such sensibilities.

US Army has the M1A1 and A2 Abrams as mainstay tanks

British Army has the Challenger as the mainstay tank

French Army has the Leclerc as the mainstay tank

Above powerful Armies aside, Pakistan Army has 07 mainstay tanks!!! What a bloody Mess we have in Armoured Corps!!!!

Back
Top Bottom