What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

• T629 final design will definitely have better and "sexy" looks. The Turkish Merts are quite sensitive and adamant about it!! Warfare isn't for LGBTs (recent India-China standoff being an example)

:omghaha::omghaha: the last comment bro around LGBT I dont know where it came from

anyway back on topic T629 is a dedicated attack helicopter ? then how come it uses the nomenclature "T62" indicating utility ? is it a militarised T625?

T129 ATAK II is how far progressed ? does this mean Turkey has two attack helicopter programmes ? are they two selected programmes competing against each other or two independent programmes where both will enter production ? I see ATAK II is heavier

:omghaha::omghaha: the last comment bro around LGBT I dont know where it came from

anyway back on topic T629 is a dedicated attack helicopter ? then how come it uses the nomenclature "T62" indicating utility ? is it a militarised T625?

T129 ATAK II is how far progressed ? does this mean Turkey has two attack helicopter programmes ? are they two selected programmes competing against each other or two independent programmes where both will enter production ? I see ATAK II is heavier
"Spices" belong to me of course...

Q. What will soon ATAK T-129 will have common with FN SCAR?

A. A lot of supporters on PDF but nothing on the ground while Chinese have the last laugh

Does that mean Pak is going for a Chinese rifle?

Pakistan should have also started a dedicated light attack helicopter program by choosing a baseline heli and arming it with weapons and related senors. There is a requirement of a light gunship on western front which is primarily manned by FC. AH-1F and Mi-24 pack all sorts of punch - and AH-1 has to be called whenever attack from the air is required to support ground troops. AH-1Z's major requirement is its operability at high altitude (western theatre included) which both AH-1F and Mi-24 lack.

One squadron of light gunship for FC KPK and another for FC Baluchistan should help FC in manning the borders and freeing all the other gunship types to operate against Indian conventional threat.

Pakistan should have also started a dedicated light attack helicopter program by choosing a baseline heli and arming it with weapons and related senors. There is a requirement of a light gunship on western front which is primarily manned by FC. AH-1F and Mi-24 pack all sorts of punch - and AH-1 has to be called whenever attack from the air is required to support ground troops. AH-1Z's major requirement is its operability at high altitude (western theatre included) which both AH-1F and Mi-24 lack.

One squadron of light gunship for FC KPK and another for FC Baluchistan should help FC in manning the borders and freeing all the other gunship types to operate against Indian conventional threat.
The very early model of the A129 (without LHTEC engines) and Z-19E could've fit this bill. Or we could have found an ITAR-free engine, and had an OEM design a OH-1-type platform around it.

I think the solution is a Mirage - like program before a JF-17 like program. I would suggest choose a utility / light attack helicopter that was produced in the past and is now being retired. A successful design with capability that is useful today. Build an overhaul facility and "do a Mirage to it". For instance, the Gazelle, a relatively modern design and used by a large number of countries, now being retired / is retired and could be bought at salvage prices.

Bonus - it has not only been used successfully as an attack helicopter but is also a utility aircraft that can seat 4.

Last edited:

could the armed fennec not ease the burden of the Cobras?

Back
Top Bottom