What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

turkey s-400 deal makes so many blunders .

Definitely a mistake. They should have waited another 10 to 15 years, developed their defence industry fully. 5th generation fighter jets, helicopters, highly developed economy. They would have automatically risen as a regional power.

Unless ofcourse Turkey is confident they can make their own 5th, 6th generation fighter jets and engines, own helicopter engine etc, only time will tell.

Pakistan would love to have this gunship. 100 T129s and its bye bye to USA gunships

TAI official announced that the domestic TS1400 engine developed for GÖKBEY and T129 ATAK helicopters will be integrated into the GÖKBEY helicopter by the end of 2020 and the test flight will begin. ATAKs can be delivered with the TS1400 if Pakistan agrees.

The news is not available in English.

TAI official announced that the domestic TS1400 engine developed for GÖKBEY and T129 ATAK helicopters will be integrated into the GÖKBEY helicopter by the end of 2020 and the test flight will begin. ATAKs can be delivered with the TS1400 if Pakistan agrees.

The news is not available in English.
I think the change of engine will go through the same test lasting a whole year with summer and winter weather test and the geographical test in various terrain and altitude. Hopefully it will pass and do away with yankee engine.

I've written here before. It is not possible for Pakistan to get ATAK with the US engine. The reason for this is not Pakistan, Turkey. US, Turkey does not want to enter into the helicopter market, but sells engines for use in the country to Turkey. Of course, it may be pursuing a balance policy in order to prevent India from getting closer to Russia. As a result, I think that if everything goes well, all tests of the engine will be finished by the end of 2021.

I've written here before. It is not possible for Pakistan to get ATAK with the US engine. The reason for this is not Pakistan, Turkey. US, Turkey does not want to enter into the helicopter market, but sells engines for use in the country to Turkey. Of course, it may be pursuing a balance policy in order to prevent India from getting closer to Russia. As a result, I think that if everything goes well, all tests of the engine will be finished by the end of 2021.

Turkey sells to engine problems but not Pakistan do you say after you say will not allow Turkey to Pakistan and you're touted it as a balanced policy. Pakistan is no different from Afghanistan for the USA and does not deliver the Zulus it produces for them, but we can buy engines from them. Everything is obvious, how do you bring the issue concluded that Turkey? Why would a country that does not deliver even a helicopter it will sell itself issue an export license for the platform that another country will sell ?

Let me tell you if you are going to give an example of the Philippines, the other helicopter on the table is Zulu, but they said it was unreasonable because of the cost, why would they issue you a license when they can sell Zulu?

Some friends here see themselves as important to America or something. Turkey wants to stay in the moment because the F35 project financially lucrative. F35 will come sooner or later, Turkey will never be the eastern block countries, and even other countries in the region that in the nearest geopolitical and military position with 2 maybe 3 times nominal value. After its withdrawal from Afghanistan, Pakistan is not seen as anything other than a first class Chinese colony for America and will establish its strategic position in the region based on India. The subject may have diverged, but I will not see myself as a Vietnamese just because we cannot export an American made engine to a country that needs to pass a thousand kinds of approvals from FMS even for a simple export from the United States.

Pakistan's Ambassador Muhammed Qazi to Turkey visits TAI
6b176b63-b226-45b3-9b22-199fb475ce53.png

24.9.2020 11:40:00

Pakistan’s Ambassador to Turkey Muhammad Sajjad Qazi and his accompanying delegation including the defense attaché visited Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI).
“Honoring us with their visit, our long-time friend and brother country Pakistan’s Ambassador to Turkey Muhammad Syrus Sajjad Qazi and the dear accompanying delegation were informed in our ongoing projects and products,” TAI tweeted.
In the pictures shared from the visit by TAI, we can see the Pakistani delegation checking out the T-129 (Gökbey) helicopter.
During the visit, Executive Vice President of TAI's helicopter project Dr. Yıldırım Kemal gifted the Pakistani Ambassador Mr. Muhammad Syrus Sajjad Qazi with a Tableau.

great to see also sad that in 2020 Turkey + Pakistan still cannot make a medium ticket deal between themselves without US influence

and both Turkey + Pakistan is as strong as muslims nations get

great to see also sad that in 2020 Turkey + Pakistan still cannot make a medium ticket deal between themselves without US influence

and both Turkey + Pakistan is as strong as muslims nations get

You mean MILGEM Corvette, Brand new fleet tanker and Agosta 90B sub upgrade were all small ticket and needed US approval?

What is the latest on the engine situation with T-129s for PAA?
This is a very recent interview (like last 1-2 months) with Turkey's top defence industry official.

From what I can see from the translation, they submitted a new application for an export permit, and so far, the US hasn't said "no" ??

However, the same official said (a few months back) that if they can't get the US engine, then the Pakistan Army can check out the Turkish powerplant (TS1400/TS1500). Obviously, this would set the process back, however, the Turks are/were confident the PAA will like what they'll see, basically.

Defense Turkey: In connection with this, export license approval is expected from the US Government for LHTEC CTS800-4A turboshaft engines to be used in T129B ATAK Helicopters to be produced for Pakistani Land Forces. The same is true in the Philippines. Can you give information about the latest situation on this subject?

Prof. İsmail DEMİR: So far we have not seen any negativity in the Pakistani process. We don't expect it in the Philippines either. However, especially in the Pakistani process, the fact that US authorities do not issue expulsion permits will harm all three sides of the United States, Turkey and Pakistan. We call it the path of reason, we hope there will be no eclipse here. Signals from the United States are that there will be a positive approach here. So far, we haven't received a negative signal, but of course we have to wait for the result.

the Yank wankers have cost us crucial years. By now we could've had an AH-1Z squadron and T-129s incoming. 5 years ago the neighbours were way behind; they've caught up well, not only here, but in SP Arty too by induction of K9s. looks like they've got a key eye on where they are deficit vis a vis us.

IMO, the most likely way route left is Z10ME acquisition. 3 squadrons reequip, with the fourth boosted with more Mi-35s.

Back
Top Bottom