What's new

Pakistan Army renovates Cathedral in Multan.

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Multan—Corps Commander Lt General Abid Pervaiz inaugurated the renovated 165 years old “Cathedral of St Mary The Virgin Church” here on Sunday.

Indian British Army and Queen’s army laid down the foundation stone of the historic church in 1848 and the magnificent building of the Church was completed in 10 years. The most important feature of the historic structure is none presence of any pillar.

The “gothic” architectural style of building made it a unique master-piece in city. The material including woods, iron, windows, roof material, tiles, church bell and other things related to the Church were imported especially from England.

Corps Commander Lt Gen Abid Pervaiz while addressing the inauguration ceremony of the renovated Church, stated that it symbolised love and peace between the people of two religions.

Lt General Abid Pervaiz informed that Pakistan army had renovated the magnificent building with its own resources. He urged civil notables to come forward and extend assistance for uplift work in cantonment area.

Responding to demand of Bishop Leo Paul Rodrick about removal of encroachment around the Church and establishment of school in the locality, he promised to extend cooperation in this regard. The Corps Commander also appreciated station commander and garrison commander for supervising the renovation work. Bishop Leo Paul Rodrick thanked the Corps Commander Lt General Abid Pervaiz, Garrison Commander Maj Gen Umar Farooq Durrani and Station Commander Brig Taufeq Tahir for taking special interest in the renovation of the historic church as it helped to preserve the cultural heritage of Multan also.

Station Commander Brig Taufeq Tahir stated that the building was in dilapidated condition when its renovation was started. He added that they not only renovated the glorious building but also carried out uplift work in surrounding of the Church also.—APP

Pak army renovates Cathedral Church

578164_792198504130511_881174835_n.jpg

643220-multancathedral-1386596431-597-640x480.jpg

93042191.jpg

The material including woods, iron, windows, roof material, tiles, church bell and other things related to the Church were imported especially from England.

My, my, isn't our Army "rich" to be able to afford to such a noble quality project which has nothing to do with its primary responsibilities.

Other than that, nice church.

Shouldn't the responsibility fall under the Historical Society, unless the land is under Army's control.

My, my, isn't our Army "rich" to be able to afford to such a noble quality project which has nothing to do with its primary responsibilities.

i think it talks about the original construction of the church in colonial times which was completed in ten years

Chengy Bhai - Maaaf Kardooo ! :cray:

Aaap tou luttth lei kar hiii picheiii purrr jateiii haiiin hamareiii ! :cry:

Kadii teii chungyyy gal vi kar diyaa karoo ! :angry:

Lt General Abid Pervaiz informed that Pakistan army had renovated the magnificent building with its own resources.

So who paid, Army or other sources?

Defence Housing...? Isn't that a project also which has nothing to with the Army ? speaking of rich, thats the most expensive real estate in the country.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the responsibility fall under the Historical Society, unless the land is under Army's control.
They are too incompetant to do it;
I don't even know if i should be sad or happy over the fact that the Army does many jobs which are quite beneficial but are not the primary roles of the Military because the cival administration is either too incompetant or not interested

That is really a beautiful church. Good work army. :)

Maybe it was paid off by 'Mehekma-i-Auqaaf'. How can you make the above statement without soild proof of the funding sources?

Maybe it was paid off by 'Mehekma-i-Auqaaf'. How can you make the above statement without soild proof of the funding sources?

I am taking the good General at his word:

"Lt General Abid Pervaiz informed that Pakistan army had renovated the magnificent building with its own resources."

Unless the Mehekma-e-Auqaf is now part of the Army. :D

I am taking the good General at his word:

"Lt General Abid Pervaiz informed that Pakistan army had renovated the magnificent building with its own resources."

Unless the Mehekma-e-Auqaf is now part of the Army. :D

It doesn't necessarily mean 'monetary resources', could be human/engineering resources too. Its a great step none the less, maybe they are trying to reach out to the minorities.

Back
Top Bottom