What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Military Capabilities

Pakistan offers to train Afghan security forces

Gabriel Dominguez - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

03 October 2017

Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said that his country is willing to help train the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF).

During a 1 October visit to Kabul, Gen Bajwa offered “Pakistan’s complete support in achieving shared interests in [the] war against terrorism, including [the] training and capacity-building of [the] Afghan security forces,” according to a statement by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the Pakistan Armed Forces.

Gen Bajwa met with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani at the presidential palace, where they discussed a series of bilateral issues, including co-operation against shared threats, co-ordination between the countries’ respective counter-terrorism campaigns, intelligence sharing, as well as trade and commerce, according to the statement.

FUTILE OFFERING

@Burhan Wani is this true?
Have ISI agents been under attack recently?
Does the post says that he was killed by militants or in an operation ?? The wounds on his body relate to an accident he may be involved in.

So are the security forces gonna report each death of their even if its due to natural causes ?? Dont think so. Many time casualties happen and they dont get reported. So many soldiers loose life in sniper fire and no one hears abt them.

The subedar yesterday and before that lt arsalan both got hit by sniper fire.

Everything isnt advertised.

Does the post says that he was killed by militants or in an operation ?? The wounds on his body relate to an accident he may be involved in.

So are the security forces gonna report each death of their even if its due to natural causes ?? Dont think so. Many time casualties happen and they dont get reported. So many soldiers loose life in sniper fire and no one hears abt them.

The subedar yesterday and before that lt arsalan both got hit by sniper fire.

Everything isnt advertised.
It was car accident.

Can anyone shed some light into "Missile Defence Technology and Systems". I have noticed that Pakistan does not have a Missile Defence System however our Eastern neighbour does alongside many other countries, such as Taiwan and UAE.
Does Pakistan need a Missile Defence System and if we don't then why is that? India does have ballistic and cruise missiles that can target Pakistan.
arrow_4.jpg

From where you are receiving these news?
An account on twitter.
I had posted the tweet too.
Infact i found pics of two other soldiers today. It worries me if media on both sides are hiding the real number of soldiers loosing their lives.
IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

I dont think a 1sr lieutenant is that old and fat.

This could potentially be a case of stolen valor.
An account on twitter.
I had posted the tweet too.
Infact i found pics of two other soldiers today. It worries me if media on both sides are hiding the real number of soldiers loosing their lives.
View attachment 429718
View attachment 429717

Back
Top Bottom