What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

T129 has a American power plant
Joint U.S.-British. There's a civilian/non-ITAR (i.e. without restricted US components) version under development for the T625. So worst case scenario, that engine could potentially be fit in the T129. If not, then the Turkish turboshaft engine that's under development.

Anyways. I think people are over-stressing recent events here. As I said earlier, U.S. policies aren't formed within minutes or days, but over a period of months if not years.

The U.S. has been reluctant to readily transfer arms that can impact the Indo-Pak military balance since the Obama days. Let's not forget how Congress canned the transfer of five ex-USN Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates.

However, under that same policy, Washington has been OK with selling or giving arms relevant for counterinsurgency, irrespective of whether these groups are taking on Haqqani or not.

Finally, all this is in regards to direct U.S. sales of complete systems - e.g. F-16s, AH-1Z, etc - and not American subsystems in other platforms. Pakistan would have to literally fight the US to get itself embargoed from GE CT7 or LHTEC engines. The Saab 2000 and CN235 are also powered by American engines.

Last edited:
T129 has a American power plant
Sir ji, atleast turks are using it and one way or another we could have been getting spare parts from them just like they helped us with cobras and f16s. Plus they are making their own engine also thus in future if that works out we can be at much ease.

Sir ji, atleast turks are using it and one way or another we could have been getting spare parts from them just like they helped us with cobras and f16s. Plus they are making their own engine also thus in future if that works out we can be at much ease.
Lot of ifs, anyway don't get me wrong, l want pak - turk defence cooperation to succeed.

Lot of ifs, anyway don't get me wrong, l want pak - turk defence cooperation to succeed.
I didnt meant that way, its just that with american equipment we get ourselves in lot of problems and now many other options are there in market. With zulus each and everything we will rely on americans, but with t129s they will just be engines atleast weapons, avionics and other stuff wont be that much of a problem since they will be non american ones. With india buying more from usa, the more trouble it will create for us.

Sidra Anwar, Captain by rank in the Pakistan Army has been appointed as Lahore’s Assistant Commissioner.

21150279_1514200421959555_2219958081182772445_n.jpg

from the freezing cold of siachen to the floods of Karachi
#PakistanArmy

‏جب پاک فوج کےجوان کراچی کےسڑکوں سےاپنے ہاتھوں سے گندے پانی کیلئیے جگہ بنا رہی تھی تو جمہوریت بلاول ہاوءس میں بیٹھ کر بہترین انتقام لےرہی تھی https://t.co/z0gXfpWZGs
IMG_20170901_160612.jpeg
IMG_20170901_160622.jpeg

Land Platforms

NORINCO fleshes out VP11 MRAP family

Christopher F Foss - IHS Jane's International Defence Review

01 September 2017
p1703970-main.jpeg

NORINCO VP11 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle fitted with mast mounted sighting system, remote weapon station and banks of grenade launchers. Source: Christopher F Foss

China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) has produced new variants of its 4x4 VP11 lightweight mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle with armoured personnel carrier (APC) and internal security (IS) models rolling out of a recent production run, Jane’s can confirm.

In the APC role the VP11 can carry seven dismounts plus the driver who can rapidly enter and leave via three doors – one in each side and one in the rear.

For increased crew survivability the VP11 is equipped with bullet/splinterproof windows with those in the sides fitted with a circular firing port.

Ballistic protection is to STANAG 4569 Level 1, which protects the vehicle from 7.62 mm ball rounds but this is upgradable to Level 2.

The VP11 has a V-shaped hull, which provides a higher level of protection against mines and improvised explosive devices (IEDs), with the wheels located outside of it so that they are ejected away from the vehicle in the advent of a mine or IED blast.

Trials have shown that the VP11’s hull is capable of withstanding the blast generated by a10 kg TNT explosive under the wheels or an 8 kg explosive under the hull.

NORINCO has confirmed that in addition to being fitted with a protected weapon station (PWS) armed with 7.62 mm or 12.7 mm machine gun (MG), the VP11 can also be fitted with their UW1 remote weapon station (RWS).

The UW1 RWS can be armed with a stabilised 7.62 mm or 12.7 mm MG or a 30 mm automatic grenade launcher (AGL) with a day/night sighting system mounted externally on the right.

For use in the internal security role the VP11 has been observed fitted with the NORINCO CS/LW2 38 mm vehicle-mounted nine shot anti-riot launcher.

This is normally mounted on the roof and has electric traverse through 360° and elevation from 0 to 40° with power supplied by the vehicle’s 12 or 24 V electrical system.

‏#کیپٹن_روح_اللہ_شہید کی قربانی کا گوشت بناتے ہوئے ایک یادگار تصویر
اللہ انہیں اپنی رحمتوں کے سائے میں رکھے آمین https://t.co/u6nCrycThC
IMG_20170902_162711.jpeg

COAS on Eid Day with his soldiers at Rajgal on Pak-Afg Border.
"Eid on duty for security of Pakistan & its people is best festivity for us. Pakistan is our passion & our life; our lives are for Pakistan. 'Nothing/ No One' is above country. IA together we'll make it best country", COAS.

21270942_1769009296729850_9005379620498808943_n.jpg

21231080_1769009306729849_2158105183116306816_n.jpg

21192060_1769009366729843_590224449775807201_n.jpg

21192641_1769009320063181_8922341436184909183_n.jpg

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) spent second day of Eid at Turbat and Gwadar in Balochistan. COAS also met family of Shaheed Major Jamal Sheran who embraced Shahadat in Hayatabad on 17 July, 2017. COAS also met local notables.
Talking to troops, COAS said that performing our duties in far flung and difficult areas is our pride and we shall continue doing it with utmost commitment and resolve.
COAS said that security and development of Balochistan is extremely important and Army shall extend full support to all state institutions in this regard. All development projects for Balochistan shall be completed InshAllah.

COAS visited Rajgal on Pak-Afghan border..

Back
Top Bottom